“New Band is fantastic”

The Village Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Pub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shekou
Description: The Good ole folks at the Village Bar and Grill are proud to launch our TripAdvisor Page! We aim to share with you all all our upcoming promotions, parties, sports, news feeds, new food offerings and events! We also add a little comedy along the way to spice up our page.The Village Team having many new projects in the works that are all designed to offer our wonderful extended family in Shekou fantastic food within family conscious prices! We also have our own amazingly talented in house band 'Bamboo Jedi' playing chilled acoustic music Wednesday through Sunday at comfortable sound levels .... so you can enjoy the company that you are with as well as the sweet vocals and guitar! On Friday Nights we always have a Party featuring Kaktooz the award winning Band playing with Bamboo Jedi all night long!With our 5 DiNoSaUruS sized TV's we will shortly offer more sporting events and offer fab promotions during the BIG games! We have a Sunday Carvery with delicious Beef, Pork and Chicken served buffet style that is the BEST in town!We are committed to make constant improvements that are designed to offer value to our customers that enhance your customer experience! Our mission is to become the best value restaurant in town and with our LARGER then Life American Executive Sous Chef, Damon, who is not only a Partner but our GM. We hope you can support us to achieve our goal to serve you until the Dinosaurs become extinct!
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Since my last visit the Village has improved even more, with a fantastic new Band and a new menu this is a really good place to visit if you are in Shenzhen

3  Thank Michael G

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have been frequenting The Village Bar and Grill for over two years now with my wife and it has become a favourite of ours in Shekou as the place to go for great consistent food, fantastic live music played at soothing sound levels that is not intrusive to your table talk and superb value.

First the food is excellent and rivals the best in Shenzhen as the menu is broad offering something for everyone, the consistency of the food is also to be noted as a huge plus as other restaurants can be hit and miss on any given day and with all imported meats you taste the difference. The prices are competitive but not the cheapest around but when you consider the quality, imported meats and the full band entertainment the value is excellent for great food and a great time.

The music offers a lot of variety from Pop to Rock to Jazz and Acoustic on any given night and we always enjoy ourselves there. The best times to go are after 8pm as that when the bands arrive.

The place has great decor which I feel is the best in Shekou, the cleanliness is to a high standard but best of all the staff speak good English and are friendly and welcoming. Be careful of the brilliant server 'Joy' who is the greatest saleswoman I've met and can always persuade you to have another drink hehehe

If you are a local of Shekou or a traveller passing through I would give this place a try as I'm now going 2-3 times a week. The management and band are also accommodative to any request ... Love this place!

1  Thank PeterJonQ
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Traveling back and forward from South Africa to Hong Kong and China I frequent the town of Shekou, Shenzhen fairly often. I like this place as it's a little expat bubble plonked into China that makes you feel like you're in an international city with people of all nationalities everywhere.

I normally go to sea world square and do enjoy the restaurants and bars there including the terrace, mama's, bombay indian etc however as the square has been under construction for a while I have been exploring the area a little more venturing out of my comfort zone. I was delighted to find a number of other establishments scattered around that are worth checking out just for varieties sake. My favourite though has to be The Village Bar.

This place is just half a kilometer down the road from the square near Abest on the right side if you are walking from the sea world square. The food quality is excellent, the prices reasonable for the area, beer is cold and the wine list is impressive with some exclusive wines from all over the world! They have music playing live in the evenings and the service is pretty good for China too. What I did love though was these monster fridge magnets that they gave me prior to leaving jejeje....

I'll be back to steal some more magnets as now I'm back home I have some more spaces to fill on my fridge ;)

2  Thank nigelfrith
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stumbled across the village upon a recommendation from a friend. I took a couple colleagues with me as we were staying at the intercontinental hotel. The trip took 20 minutes and it was worth the trip. Being a US citizen and living in Australia I do miss these two countries food when traveling abroad.

Luckily for us the Village hit the spot as we all tried the hot dogs from the special menu that was fun and artistic. I took a photo as this was pretty cool. I'm normally scared of hot dogs in China as most seem to be pink but after learning that their meats are imported from the US, Australia and New Zealand we took the plunge. Not only were they authentic but the chef has added a few twists that made them extra special with delicious toppings. I felt like I was back in Texas!

Other then the food there was ambiance in the interior design, the staff and locals friendly with some awesome live music. I liked that this upmarket restaurant bar was tucked into a local street making you feel like you are in a US restaurant surrounded by China Town. Nice. When the Hilton opens up in Shekou I'll be staying there and going again to the Village.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Last week our company of 60 people threw our staff team building party at The Village and I would just like to thank them for all the attention to detail and delicious food they served as well as having live music entertainment. It was a special night for us all and we had a great time.

We had pre-booked the buffet option and were able to add to the food suggestions and all were cooked perfectly and were delicious. There was plenty of food to spare that they allowed us to take away with us when we left. The interior design is welcoming in an open plan and rustic modern style. The band were amazing and friendly with all of our staff as well as the waiting staff being efficient and organized.

We’ll be back for sure! Thanks Village