“High quality and veggie friendly”

Shang Palace Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen
Ranked #27 of 4,136 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Luohu Port
Description: The food is mainly Cantonese cuisine with elements of Huaiyang cold dishes and the subtle influence of Sichuan and Chiu Chow cuisine. The menu highlights Shang Palace’s signature delicacies, which include Crispy Pork Flamed with Chinese Rose Wine, and Sliced Roasted Duck with Mango and Cucumber wrapped in Pancake.Shang Palace features eight private dining rooms and one semi-private room. The semi-private circular room is located in the middle of the entrance hall and two private rooms are nearby. The remaining six private rooms are at the rear of the restaurant and are complete with their own washroom, portable LCD and other facilities such as minibar, wardrobe, sofa seating and karaoke system.
Saxmundham, United Kingdom
“High quality and veggie friendly”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stopped off for a buffet style lunch as suggested by our guide, what a great place.

Its tricky being a veggie in Asia but the chef on duty, who incidentally had the largest smile and show of happiness on his face I have ever seen, worked wonders, he even brought something to our table himself when there was a slight delay, don't get me wrong, the delay was maybe a minute or two, however the chef made this effort and was apologetic.

Such a large selection of fresh food, desert for me was pancakes made whilst you wait and fresh fruit, however there was a large selection for every taste.

A true delight, the staff were so helpful and made you feel like royalty.

I will be stopping here again, fantastic service for such a small cost.

Oh and as you would expect, western style toilets which was a bonus for the ladies.

• Visited September 2013
SLZ-GM, General Manager at Shang Palace Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Darren I,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Shang Palace Chinese Restaurant. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service and food. We truly appreciate your praise and, look forward to welcoming you back to Shang Palace, and our hotel again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

George Baird,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome Dining Experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This review is long overdue ... but better late than never.

In March of this year, I stayed at the Shangri-La hotel while visiting friends, shopping and enjoying some great Chinese cuisine. On my first day, after checking into my room, I decided to stop in for lunch at Shang Palace. I'm so glad I did.

First - I really appreciated the excellent customer service. Even with the number of other diners, the staff made me feel like I was their only guest. I spoke enough Mandarin to get by and a few of the staff spoke English well enough that there were no issues as far as communication goes.

The food was awesome. Not really knowing what to order, I decided to trust my servers. I say servers because as I was talking to one, another person stopped by and gave her suggestion. Everything they suggested was great to the point that when my plates were cleared, there wasn't much but crumbs left.

• Visited March 2013
philipdewar, General Manager at Shang Palace Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Ran C,

Thank you very much for being our guest and for sharing your experiences. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed dining at our Shang Palace highlighting the service and the food. We Warmly welcome you back to experience our restaurant again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

George Baird
East London, South Africa
“A wonderful lunch stop in Shenzen”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

During a tour of the City we stopped here for lunch and it was certainly something to remember!
We could have forsaken the rest of the tour and stayed the whole afternoon just eating the delicious food.

• Visited August 2013
philipdewar, General Manager at Shang Palace Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear MervynGatcke,

Thank you very much for being our guest and for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at our Shang Palace. I trust we will be able to welcome you back again to our restaurant in the near future.

Best regards,
Philip Dewar
Hong Kong, China
“Good Dim Sum”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The quality of Chinese Dim Sum here is very good. Worth a visit if you like Chinese Dim Sum. It costs you about 110 per person for lunch. The seafood congee is excellence, there are crab and prawn in the congee

Visited July 2013
philipdewar, General Manager at Shang Palace Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Jameskwan,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Chinese Restaurant Shang Palace. We are pleased to know you liked the Chinese Dim Sum and Seafood Congee there. Warmly welcome you to experience our restaurant again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Philip Dewar,
Perth, Australia
“GO THERE !!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Superb service in a very classy setting and the food.....!!!!!!
GO.....
We had crabs..messy but worth the effort, save room for the sweets though!!!

Visited July 2013
Dear QuokkaRN,

Thank you for your review of our Chinese Restaurant Shang Palace. We are delighted to know you like the service and food there. We warmly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Shang Palace!

Kind regards,