“Perfect stay at the highest hotel in china”

The St. Regis Shenzhen
Ranked #5 of 2,820 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

good value for spg free night redemption.

this hotel is well situated on the top floors of Kingkey 100, the eighth tallest building in the world.

Luxuriously appointed room with a sony 3D flatscreen tv, and Remede as bathroom amenities. The gimmick point is the ipad in-room controlling system. I was like amazed by this technology. it took me some time to get familiar with lighting, Tv, curtain control etc. The personalized butler service was really helpful.Thank them for making restaurant reservation and preparing coffee in the morning (because the in-room coffee machine did not work.)

swimming on 76 floors is definitely a must-do. Again,it is the highest swimming pool in the world.
you will feel like swimming in clouds.

My only issue was about the sky bar. It was way too loud at night. I can even hear skybar songs from the lobby bar. Not suitable for ppl who want quiet drinking place.

Personally, i think if i consider only for the view offered, it cannot be compared to Hong Kong Ritz-carlton. But you know, this is shenzhen and st regis did all it can do.

• Stayed: October 2012
The ST Regis S, Online Distribution Specialist at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Shenzhen during your trip. Many Thanks for sharing your experience with us and leave the precious comments. we do welcome you back to hotel again!

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Shenzhen

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The lobby is on level 96... The bar on level 100...

Its an upside down hotel, that is, you checkin at the top and the rooms are below. So one has to take a lift from the ground to 96, then take another lift down to your room - this one is glass and there is a central atrium. An amazing design.

You have to visit the bar on 100, even if you are not staying. 435 metres up... The entire curved roof is glass, with a cobweb of huge steel supports. An engineering marvel.

The rooms were very good.

My only issue was service at the start. Severely lacking for what this hotel promises. Having said this, they did go out of their way to remedy.

Would I stay again - probably not.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night during a 2 week break in hong kong. Can not fault the hotel, the rooms are amazing and the view is breathtaking. Everything in the room is controlled by an iPad which is quite cool. We paid extra for an executive room, which was on a higher floor and included free tea and coffe 24 hours a day. The only downside to the experience was that there is not much to do in Shenzhen, a few nice malls, but that's about it. Nice if you just want to relax in the hotel though. I would definitely recommend having a bath ritual, it was fantastic way to relax, a million times better than a regular bath!

• Stayed: October 2012
The ST Regis S, Online Distribution Specialist at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel,, probably the best hotel in Shenzhen. It is on the top floors of the tallest building in Shezhen, right opposite a high end mall.The room was spectacular with a large tub in the room overlooking the city. iPad control of all room features

The service is amazing, the decor outstanding, the bed extremely comfortable.

Was an excellent stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Jocelyn C, Manager at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing The St. Regis Shenzhen duiring your trip. Many thanks for sharing your stay experience with us and leave the precious comments. We do welcome you come back to hotel again! Be well!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Yesterday was my first time at St. Regis, I got I very good welcome at the entrance I even had to register before going up the bar for my afternoon tea so in my mind I thought somebody was waiting for me upstairs... well nobody cared: I had to find a table by myself, I had to wave like a crazy my hand to get the attention of a waiter to get my table clean, and for him cleaning was only removing the used cups and leaving all the dirty of the previous customer...
Finally we got our 3 cappuccino, of course without sugar. It costed me over 5 minutes to get again the attention of the waiters to get my sugar!!! I found the place overcrowded by staff too busy on doing nothing but chatting among each other, talking to the phone, walking by the tables and watching in the direction of the wall instead of watching at customers... you claim to be a 5 star? well you have a lot to improve in term of service!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing The St. Regis Shenzhen during your trip. Many thanks for sharing the stay experience with us and leave the precious comments. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Your precious suggestion will be passed to our management team. We do welcome you come back to hotel again! Thanks again for the understanding. Be well!

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

So glad I stayed at St Regis on my 2 day stay in Shenzhen. Amazing views from my corner room atop Shenzhen. There is nothing to do in Shenzhen so you have to have a great hotel. Super fast elevators to the lobby at 96tj floor. Awesome first class food at Elba's Italian restaurant with great staff like Mandy and Clara. I will definitely stay here again in all future visits. Used 12000 points per night instead of the $400 price tag. Well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012
Jocelyn C, Manager at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for choosing The St. Regis Shenzhen duiring you trip. We do appreciate you on taking your time to share the precious stay experience with us. Warmly welcom you come back to hotel again! Be Well!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Let me qualify my review below by stating that I have stayed at many, many, many 5 Star hotels around the world, from Europe, to USA, to South Africa, Australia, all over Asia and the Pacific, and this hotel absolutely blew me away. It is absolutely the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I only stayed for one night whilst in Shenzhen at the end of August 2012. I was collected by hotel car from SZX airport and taken to the hotel (about 45 mins during peak hour) and once I arrived at the front of the hotel, the doorman greeted me by name, and once I walked into the lower lobby entry foyer, I was again met by a hotel staffer, who greeted me by name, and escorted me to my room for an in-room check-in. (I had booked the lowest category of room, 30 days in advance to obtain a pre-paid discount) Once in the room, check-in was a breeze.
I heard the door-bell to my room ring, and a gentleman introduced himself as my floor Butler, and asked if he could show me around the room, ofcourse which I obliged. There are so many amazing features about the room, so I will try and remember some of the highlights. They include an iPad that controls all the functions in the room, from the TV to the music, to the lighting, blinds etc. Very very impressive and intuitive system - that anyone can use. The TV speakers were extremely high quality, the bathroom was stunning, with a beautiful bath that had a TV recessed into the wall in the bathroom, a large enclosed shower with choice of rain shower or regular handheld, a separate toilet, and then around the corner was a double vanity, with a very well stocked amenities drawer, which also doubled as a closet. The little features though impress me the most (as a reasonably seasoned traveller) such as the way they fold the toilet paper in a triangle, but they then stamp the St Regis logo onto the triangle. Chic. Another cool feature was the way you could set your lighting in your bathroom (should you choose to use the bath) to "spa" mode, which automatically dimmed the lights to a preset level throughout the main room and bathroom to allow for a more conducive relaxing ambiance. Again, small detail, but very impressive.
I got back to my hotel after a meeting at 10pm and ordered room service, which for a mainland Chinese hotel was extremely impressive. The man who took my order over the phone spoke english very well, was able to make recommendations for my dessert, and the food was efficiently delivered as promised within 30 minutes. Again, what impressed me was the way the food was delivered into my room, on a trolley beautifully laid out, and the server spent was seemed like an eternity arranging my cutlery and plates as if he was putting the finishing touches onto an artwork masterpiece. It was almost comical, but I could appreciate the effort he went to. The meal was really really high quality and I was extremely satisfied.
The floor butler has considerately asked me if i wanted a wake up call in the morning (which i Did) and was arranged, and he asked me what kind of tea or coffee (complimentary of course) I would like brought to my room once I woke up. Wow. Yes - wow. Impressive.
Breakfast was a reasonable selection, nothing over the top, but enough of an assortment to satisfy oneself. A mark of a great hotel is if the standard "coffee" that is served is of high quality and taste - and the St Regis passed with flying colours once again.
One last tip - I was given a corner room (I think it was a complimentary upgrade) and this was amazing (as I don't have a fear of heights) as my bathroom, shower and toilet had floor to ceiling windows - so ask for this if this is your thing
Would I recommend this hotel - absolutely without hesitation. Will I be back? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest, thank you so much for choosing The St. Regis Shenzhen duiring your trip. Many thanks for giving your time to share this so detailed and impressive stay experience with us. We do welcome you come back to The St. Regis Shenzhen again! We will always address you the bespoke service! Be well!