“Great hotel...very spacious rooms!”

Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre
Ranked #26 of 2,840 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for business. The rooms were HUGE! With a walk-in closet, glass in cased shower, with a jet tub, and the bed was awesome! The room had a feature where the electricity only works if the room key is in the slot by the door. very smart! The downstairs Bar was excellent and the staff was very warm and helpful!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 3, 2013

stayed for 1 week january 2012 and a couple more nights march 2013.....my only complaint is how hard it is to catch a taxi outside the hotel.....MTR is close walking distance.......hotel is very nice....well kept....affordably priced (but getting more expensive)....1st visit i believe i had an entire floor to myself for most of the week....it was new and not well known.....service was exceptional.......i booked for 4-5 days and decided to extend to a full week.....when i asked at front desk about staying longer they recommended i go online and book and save money.as online was cheaper.....nice heads up by the staff...2nd visit i went for a nicer suite... i booked online....i was given the SAME suite as 1st visit....when i complained i was upgraded to a top floor suite with a private outdoor deck.....for a couple $$$ more......still a great value.....will be staying again october 2013.....and any other time i need to be in Longgang, Shenzhen

Room Tip: suite is worth the price
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Iris Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear duff_mcduff,

Thanks very much for your detailed comment on your stay at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and find it value-for-money.

Regarding the taxi issue, we are doing our best to improve this situation in Longgang District. We now have a car rental company at the Lobby providing transportation service and the concierge is always at your service to help book a taxi before your departure upon your request.

Thank you very much for choosing Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre. And we look forwards to welcoming you back in October.

Yours sincerely,
Hotel Management

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Rooms, lobby, Pool, Sauna everything is 5* in this newest addition to Shenzhen Hotels in LongGang town (north east of Shenzhen main city center).

There is a Walmart closeby with some eateries - try to Pizzeria next to Burger King and enjoy ice cold Erdinger Weizen for only 25 CNY!!!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, whilst on business in the Guangzhou / Shenzhen area. Booked a club room and found everything to be top class, as you would in a 2 years old hotel.
Club lounge, the best I've ever seen, was staffed by nice and friendly attentive people, who attended to everything with no fuss.
I will definitely return here whenever I am in the area, no question.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. After the first night we upgraded to the club floor which gave us access to a beautiful lounge with fanatstically attentive staff. We help meetings in the lounge and got looked after very well.
I travel a lot so I can easily compare hotel standards, and The Crowne Plaza Hotel is amongst the best hotels I have stayed in.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank welshwoolyback
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I recently spent five days overthere on the tenth floor and the experience was just great. The rooms are clean, the staff also eager to help and well located, a Walmart just 2mins next to it and other landmarks such as Shenzhen Cultural Center are just at hand. The ratio quality / price is surprisingly good and seems to be a greatly fair deal for every business person.
I recommend it to everyone dropping at Shenzhen.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

As others mentioned, the staff struggled with English, but you are in China, so that can be expected.

Got a free drink at check in, so that was nice. Room was OK to start with. TV had a decent selection of English channels, comfortable bed for in China, everything seemed to function, but was pi$$es me off is these hotels that obviously shut off the AC cooling during the night, especially when it's hotter and humid as all heck outside!!!

When you set the AC to cool and it rises 4 degrees C during the night, that is crap! If the place would tell you that they shut down the chiller during the night, I would not even run the AC once I shut the TV off and go to sleep for the night, because I think it would not get as warm with everything shut down.

I know they are trying to save $'s, but again, when you pay for a room with individual climate control AC, that means you should have it available during your entire stay. Heck, charge a few bucks more a night, I'd be glad to pay it to ensure I am not waking up sweating because the room AC only works during certain hours.

I didn't do the breakfast, but the dinner buffet was sparse on heated dishes and heavy on the raw and cold stuff, probably because they can keep it for weeks on end until someone eats it in a hot pot. For a Sunday night, there were a bunch of people who appeared local in there, so they must like it, but sorry to say, not me.

Overall, the hotel was OK, clean, a bit of a sterile environment, but I hate when the AC is not always on duty and the restaurant was not to this westerner's liking...maybe the other restaurants they had would be better...

I may have to come back to this place again someday as it's near where I was working, but will look at other options for sure...

Room Tip: Go to the Walmart up the street in the mall, fun experience and they have cheap drinks and snacks!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Iris Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thanks very much for taking your time to share your comment with us. Please accept our sincere apology as we failed to 100% meet your expectation. While we do our best to be a green hotel, guest experience is always the No. 1 priority. Once we received your comment, we looked into the problem and nailed down for a solution. Please rest assured that this problem will not happen again.

Thank you again for your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to serve you again as the best as it can be.

Hotel Management