“One of the better Hotels I have stayed at in Shenzhen Area.”

Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre
Ranked #22 of 2,767 Hotels in Shenzhen
Wylie, Texas
“One of the better Hotels I have stayed at in Shenzhen Area.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stay at this hotel based on a recommendation from one of the companies I visited. This hotel is located five minutes from a City Hall Mall which has a Walmart, so it easy to get drinks, chips, snacks or other things without paying the $3.00 minibar minimums. The Buffet style breakfast had everything a Texan needed, Made to order eggs, Bacon, bread, potatoes and a variety of fruits. They offered many styles of pillows, the bed is not bad compared to some of the cheaper hotels I stayed out, it's difficult to find any hotel with a soft comfort top on it in China, as they tend to like stiffer harder mattress, but being the super size texan that I am I was able to get a good night's sleep. Cleaning service did a good job during my stay. I was there around 10 nights. Lots of good English speaking Chinese staff. Paid 648RMB a night with internet which worked very well compared to some of the others hotels I have stayed at usually visiting China 2 to 3 times yearly. TV had HBO & Cinemax and a few other English stations and was a 40" ish LCD Large screen. Maybe because I was a priority club member, but I got free cookies every night during their turn down service and extra water bottles complimentary. Would stay at this hotel again, but would try to get it with the breakfast included.

Room Tip: Priority Club membership has it's rewards.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steven P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre is a true 5 star hotel by international standards. Everything is fine and maybe the location is the only drawback. If you have business to do in the center of Shenzhen, is better to choose a hotel in Futian, but if you travel in the greater area, then this hotel is a very good choice. Very satisfied, will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Iris Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear BusiTravel1000,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and full support, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

The hotel is located in the rising CBD of Longgang District, it only takes a 10-minute stroll to Shenzhen Metro Station Line 3,and we provide cross border bus service to and from Hong Kong City, Hong Kong Disneyland and Hong Kong International Airport,convenient for guests to go downtown and Hong Kong.

Thank you again for your support, and we sincerely look forward to your next stay.
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel used to be one of the best in Shenzhen but has not kept up with the competition or its own standards
The rooms are tired and now small compared to the current hotels available in Shenzhen, the staff training is not as good as it used to be and this is reflected in average service in most areas except the coffee shop in the foyer which is excellent
The price is not high but when compared to other hotels in the area it is not competitive

Room Tip: For a good nights sleep avoid rooms near the VBar as the music is loud and intrusive
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MalcolmR52
Iris Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mr. MalcolmR52,

According to the information in your comment, we’d like to remind you that the hotel you stayed in is another hotel, not Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre. That hotel used to be Crowne Plaza in the downtown of Shenzhen, but now it is not Crowne Plaza any more.

To ensure your feedback be delivered to the hotel you had stayed in, please check again.
Thank you.
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been staying here every 3-4 months since it first opened. My past experiences has always been great except this time, the bed springs were squeaking like a cheap mattress in Motel 8. But it was 11pm already and I was so tired to complain. I figure I am only staying one night, just try to get some sleep. Well, that was a big mistake. The bed continues to squeak throughout the night every time I turn. My advice, check the mattress when you check in.

Room Tip: Higher floor is always quieter; and most importantly, check the mattress.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Iris Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Mr. BogeyMike,

Thank you for staying with us again and sharing your valuable feedback with us.

We feel for your bad sleep resulted from the squeak of the mattress. Corresponding measures have been taken immediately when we got your comment. Staff was sent to check and fix the problem. We always attach great importance to guest reviews and spare no efforts to serve our guests the best.

Thank you again for your support and comment, and hope you can have a good night sleep next time. We sincerely look forward to your next stay.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Spent 3 nights at this lovely hotel for some r & r. The hotel was excellent in terms of facilities and service. It is a long way from the central area of the Shenzhen shopping but if you want a get away it's worth the trip. Nearly an hour on the metro - no seats as very busy so was good to arrive - about a 10 minute walk from the station. Breakfast was included in our room rate and was excellent - the variety was great. The restaurants on site were very good especially the Teppanaki - pleased to meet Raymond the main chef there - he'd not long been there having been in NZ for 12 years - for us Kiwis that was a plus. The Italian restaurant was also very nice - the service in all these along with the main lobby coffee & drinks bar was great. Only small downside was the desserts restaurant - not that impressed and the only part we found the service not so good - the language barrier didn't help there. Actual room was beautiful - huge bathroom with big bath - superb bed comfort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Whenz
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hotel transportation is available (at a price) but requires at best 30min time and is not reliable. Concierge is on average not able to get a taxi. Reservations are no guarantee to actually get a ride. Alternative is to go out and get your own cab (Address in BIG chinese letters help). Do it at your own risk (of course).
Pros:
- Likely still the best hotel in Longang
- Clean
- 4 restaurants on site
- Eating places in walking distance (<3 min)
Cons:
- English abilities of front desk and concierge
- Staff is helpful but sometimes uncoordinated and ineffective
- Hotel rooms start to show wear and tear

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mrsmith0815
Iris Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Mr Smith,thank you very much for your detailed comment, and thank you for your support and suggestion.We always attach great importance to guests' reviews and advice.As regard to the transportation problem, we are still on the way of fixing it,please do give us some time to resolve it. To guarantee the best service offered to our guests,we will make the staff get through enough training and be more professional.Thank you again for your comment, and look forward to your next stay.Wish you a happy new year.
Melbourne
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was my first visit to Shenzhen and I chose Crowne Plaza because of the location and it looked good on the review and photos, I was a bit sceptical because alot of hotel show really nice photos on their promotion but when you turned up, it's nothing like what you see. Contrary to that, Crowne Plaza exceeded my expectations in every way, it looked so much better. What made a huge impression to me of which you can't get from printed or web promotion, is the personality and character of the staff. All the staff were able to communicate in English and was most obliging from recommended place to eat, shopping and even the shop to go to for a haircut! Another example of quality service was when I requested for a ruler, they immediate sent it up to me and though ahead and brought be a pencil too. It made my second trip to Shenzhen so comfortable that I have chosen to bring my business to the manufacturing trade in Shenzhen instead of Shanghai...now that's how a hotel can change the business trade of a city by it's service standard.

A special thanks to their duty manager Tiffany Mei for living up to the mantra of Crowne Plaza and IHG by her abilities and thoughtfulness in all details for the business traveller.
Thanks to the person who recommended the Portofino Italian Restaurant in the hotel when I was reading the reviews ...it was the best italian food I had...the shreaded chicken with pine nuts and cherry tomatoes in creamy sauce! it's devine and I had it both nights :).

I was also considering having a corporate meeting at the hotel over the next couple of months and I contacted Tiffany and she arranged straight away Candy Liang, the sales director to meet with me of which I realised that it was after her work hours, however she came immediate and took the time to explain their business packages to me over a couple of hours. Talk about going beyond the call of duty.

I have so much compliment for this hotel and I only wish that all other Crowne Plaza or any other 5 star hotel have the same level of service and staff's personal attention to all their guest as much as Crowne Plaza Longgang City Centre. I will be back.

Room Tip: The room facing the front is great for the view and there is construction happening at the back so t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Iris Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Darion,
Thank you so much for your full support and detailed compliment given to our hotel.We are so glad to know you had a memorable stay here with us and our hotel exceeded your expectations in every way.Being a great hotel guests love is what we strive for,and your compliment greatly encouraged us.It's great to know the staff can really meet your needs and help you.Thank you again and look forward to your next stay.Wish you a happy new year.