“exceptional”

Ranked #25 of 2,791 Hotels in Shenzhen
Adelaide
“exceptional”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel is the best we have experienced outside of five star hotels in major centres. Actually it is better than most of those, at a fraction of the price.

When you travel around China on business as we do, you get to experience a lot of hotels that do not quite meet the mark. This is not surprising. International hotel chains are opening several new hotels every week all over the country, which makes it impossible to recruit experienced staff. It must take a very dedicated management team to pull a new hotel into shape over the first couple of years. We have stayed at a lot of international branded hotels in China - a number of them supposedly five star - which do not seem to be succeeding in doing so.

The Longgang Crowne Plaza has succeeded very well, although there are a few minor wrinkles still left to be ironed out. So if you are working in the Longgang/Pingshan area, stay here. (And eat at the Chinese restaurant.) We have stayed at this hotel for around five or six weeks so far. We met another American businessman who has had an operation in Shenzhen for twenty years and used to maintain an apartment, but now stays here. We also plan to make it our long-term base for while working in Shenzhen. It is affordable and very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Iris Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Michel,thank you so much for your full support and detailed compliment to our hotel. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us and plan to make our hotel your long-term base while working in Shenzhen. It is a great honor and pleasure to serve you and make you feel at home.Thank you again and look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bangkok
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Central location,beautiful large comfortable rooms,very good breakfast efficient and extra friendly staff.
I can recommend joining the Club Lounge with its many benefits like complimentary coffee, tea
and light snacks throughout the day and an open bar with hot and cold canapes 5.30-7.30 pm.
Here Kate Jessica and Joko has given us great service and made us feel at home.
I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Unfortunately it was almost immediately that my wife and I realised we had made a mistake with choosing Crowne Plaza in the Shenzhen suburb of Longgang. Frankly, it is a long way from the main city centre, and it is the CBD that we believe is where you need to be.

However, if you’re up to spending plenty of time on the subway, then it’s not the world’s biggest problem.

More to the point, Shenzhen is a brilliant place with ‘mostly’ clean streets, most people are friendly and helpful (not that too many speak English), the roads, the restaurants are generally speaking terrific. Indeed I recommend people consider this as a destination to consider on your next Chinese trip. At one point we stumbled across a magnificent little arcade offering tiny little shops offering some truly sensational fashions. Unique, different, functional, well priced. But silly me (having decided I would buy a completely new wardrobe while in China) I figured that as I was travelling to Hong Kong I may as well wait. What a mistake that proved to be. Next time I am in Shenzhen I will go back to that arcade.

So overall, what a great place.

Likewise, the Crowne Plaza in Longgang is fantastic (location aside). Frankly, from the minute we arrived to the time we left, just about everything about the place my wife and I liked. This said, we made a small mistake in only booking a Suite, not a Club Suite, the latter offering a host of goodies well worth consideration (we will take this up next time as it includes Happy Hour drinks and food at no charge along with a host of extras).

Our suite was very sizeable with a separate Lounge, large walk through robe, 2 toilets, twin sinks, massive bath and shower. Frankly, the room was almost beyond reproach.

The bed. Oh the bed! Brilliant; soft but not overly so, the pillows were fantastic and the sleep impeccable.

The staff was absolutely lovely and went out of their way to assist us in any way they could. The included breakfast was immense with massive offerings, but not as much as you would hope from a Westerner’s perspective.

We tried the gym, which had all you could want, the pool is brilliant, indeed there is very little I can say that was anything other than excellent.

Highly recommended if you are prepared to travel to town.

Room Tip: Literally just around the corner is a new 2 story mall with a host of good quality restaurants.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cuspub
Copenhagen
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As I have stayed in many hotels in this Longgang area for past years, I most say that the service in this region is getting better and better... overall quality is excellent, but again don't expect that their english skills are perfect.. only tht they are improving.... "yes yes means no!" ;-) They have great italian restaurant also, but again service here is lacking... but still a nice experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Iris Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your comment and support. With regard to the English speaking and service issue,we are still working hard to get improvement, and we will enhance staff training in those aspects . Thank you again for your comment, and look forward to your next stay.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for two nights in a King bed Deluxe Suite. I wish I could have stayed longer! This hotel has only been in operation for around 12 months so all the furnishings and finishes still have that new look. The suite was spacious and well laid out with individual controls for the air conditioning in the lounge area and the bedroom. The attention to detail in both service and cleaning in this hotel is second to none. I arrived to the hotel early evening and upon entering the room I found that housekeeping had turned down the bed, drawn the curtains and left slippers beside the bed. A very nice touch after a long day. The only negative with the room was you could hear quite easily [through the closed window] the traffic noise from the street. The noise became less as the night progressed but maybe double glazed windows may have helped here during construction.

I ordered some room service for a later dinner and had the best ever hamburger I have ever tasted. Apart from the great food, the room service waiter arranged a chair, requested I sit and then proceeded to unfold and lay a napkin on my lap, remove the cloche and set the cutlery in position.

The room had all that you could want including a comfortable lounge, good office area, a visitors bathroom and a large widescreen in the bedroom along with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was large but had two bins in front of the vanity which you really needed to move and place somewhere else to get access to the sink. One of the bins was for waste and the other was for used towels [I think].

I had the breakfast buffet at Café 2011 located on the ground floor both mornings and was pleasantly surprised at the variety of food on offer. I also used the fitness centre which had a good array of cardio and strength machines. The fitness centre was immaculately clean and the exercise machines were in very good condition. I was also able to book a bus from Shenzhen to Hong Kong through the business centre which was very convenient. The bus also stopped at the hotel for pick up which saved time. All in all the Crowne Plaza performed well above my expectations. I could not fault the staff, the amenities, the public spaces, the room service, housekeeping or the room itself. It was a very pleasurable stay.

Likes:
Room was great
Staff were attentive and eager to please
Great value for money
Best hamburger ever!

Dislikes:
There really was nothing that was an issue during my stay.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a junior suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Leave_the_house
lyvia d, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you very much for your detailed compliment and full support to our hotel. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with the facilities, room,food and service that we offered. We will continue to work hard and ensure our guests a comfortable and pleasurable stay here with us. Thank you again for your support and look forward to your next stay.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Shenzhen. Its a great hotel in North part of Shenzhen and deserves its high ranking. The staff have a can do attitude when it comes to solving issues.

The rooms are clean, new and well equipped.

On the Location side - its not massively convenient for downtown central Shenzhen - but very good if you have factories to visit outside of central Shenzhen! Its only 12mins to a brand new subway station.

Restaurants and food also seem good - with plenty of choice and decent service.

Would definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am in Shenzhen about 4-5 times a year and this hotel is the best and closest to all of the businesses that I need to visit in the Longgang and Dongguan area.

The service is good, very efficient and the staff are very friendly. The quality of the rooms I would have to say is superior. I normally stay on the Club Level and I highly recommend this if you are going to stay here on business.

The food in the restaurants on site is really good. It’s a good thing to know that the food on site is great because this hotel is the only place that takes credit cards in the area.

If you have business in the area, this place is perfect if you do not want to travel the extra 30-40 minutes when staying in downtown Shenzhen.

Yes, I will keep coming back here for sure!!

Room Tip: Stay on the Club Level!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business