“Perfect business hotel”

Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre
Ranked #25 of 2,820 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As I have stayed in many hotels in this Longgang area for past years, I most say that the service in this region is getting better and better... overall quality is excellent, but again don't expect that their english skills are perfect.. only tht they are improving.... "yes yes means no!" ;-) They have great italian restaurant also, but again service here is lacking... but still a nice experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Iris Y, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you very much for your comment and support. With regard to the English speaking and service issue,we are still working hard to get improvement, and we will enhance staff training in those aspects . Thank you again for your comment, and look forward to your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for two nights in a King bed Deluxe Suite. I wish I could have stayed longer! This hotel has only been in operation for around 12 months so all the furnishings and finishes still have that new look. The suite was spacious and well laid out with individual controls for the air conditioning in the lounge area and the bedroom. The attention to detail in both service and cleaning in this hotel is second to none. I arrived to the hotel early evening and upon entering the room I found that housekeeping had turned down the bed, drawn the curtains and left slippers beside the bed. A very nice touch after a long day. The only negative with the room was you could hear quite easily [through the closed window] the traffic noise from the street. The noise became less as the night progressed but maybe double glazed windows may have helped here during construction.

I ordered some room service for a later dinner and had the best ever hamburger I have ever tasted. Apart from the great food, the room service waiter arranged a chair, requested I sit and then proceeded to unfold and lay a napkin on my lap, remove the cloche and set the cutlery in position.

The room had all that you could want including a comfortable lounge, good office area, a visitors bathroom and a large widescreen in the bedroom along with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was large but had two bins in front of the vanity which you really needed to move and place somewhere else to get access to the sink. One of the bins was for waste and the other was for used towels [I think].

I had the breakfast buffet at Café 2011 located on the ground floor both mornings and was pleasantly surprised at the variety of food on offer. I also used the fitness centre which had a good array of cardio and strength machines. The fitness centre was immaculately clean and the exercise machines were in very good condition. I was also able to book a bus from Shenzhen to Hong Kong through the business centre which was very convenient. The bus also stopped at the hotel for pick up which saved time. All in all the Crowne Plaza performed well above my expectations. I could not fault the staff, the amenities, the public spaces, the room service, housekeeping or the room itself. It was a very pleasurable stay.

Likes:
Room was great
Staff were attentive and eager to please
Great value for money
Best hamburger ever!

Dislikes:
There really was nothing that was an issue during my stay.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a junior suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Leave_the_house
lyvia d, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you very much for your detailed compliment and full support to our hotel. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with the facilities, room,food and service that we offered. We will continue to work hard and ensure our guests a comfortable and pleasurable stay here with us. Thank you again for your support and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Shenzhen. Its a great hotel in North part of Shenzhen and deserves its high ranking. The staff have a can do attitude when it comes to solving issues.

The rooms are clean, new and well equipped.

On the Location side - its not massively convenient for downtown central Shenzhen - but very good if you have factories to visit outside of central Shenzhen! Its only 12mins to a brand new subway station.

Restaurants and food also seem good - with plenty of choice and decent service.

Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am in Shenzhen about 4-5 times a year and this hotel is the best and closest to all of the businesses that I need to visit in the Longgang and Dongguan area.

The service is good, very efficient and the staff are very friendly. The quality of the rooms I would have to say is superior. I normally stay on the Club Level and I highly recommend this if you are going to stay here on business.

The food in the restaurants on site is really good. It’s a good thing to know that the food on site is great because this hotel is the only place that takes credit cards in the area.

If you have business in the area, this place is perfect if you do not want to travel the extra 30-40 minutes when staying in downtown Shenzhen.

Yes, I will keep coming back here for sure!!

Room Tip: Stay on the Club Level!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very disappointed from this hotel, in my opinion should not be part of the Crowne plaza chain maybe it can be a Chinese local chain 5 star but not crowne plaza.
first the bad things
check in and check out took very long,
check in staff not willing to accommodate and don't seem to care.
98 percent of the staff speak no English or very limited English
had to take my luggage down myself ordered the bell boy waited for an hour. (missed my flight and ruined my whole business plan for the week.
NO TAXIS AVAILABLE near this hotel
very far from the Shenzhen airport about 65 km
very far from Hong Kong airport not all shuttle services are willing to go from Hong Kong airport to the city of this hotel
it is very far from Shenzhen city and its shopping centers.
bed not comfortable.
positives
hotel is nice
the room is nice
the room was clean
the pool and sauna were nice and clean all facilities working OK
in all maybe if you come for pleasure and have lots of time and money to waste, to speak Chinese is also a requirement,
only then you should stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: book a different hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mashgiach
lyvia d, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment. We are sorry for the unpleasant experience that occurred. Our hotel located in the rising CBD of Longgang District. There are a few shopping centers like Vanguard and Rainbow nearby. Mall City and Longgang Coco Park are also within 10min drive away. Shuttle Service from HK Airport to the Hotel is 12 times daily, and tickets can be purchased at Counter C12, Level 3, Terminal 2 of the Airport. Taxi issue is in progress of improvement, and the Concierge will always be at your service. Please do give us some time and let us make the change happen. With regard to other problems you mentioned, we have reported to the management, and they attached great importance to those issues. We will enhance staff training and make improvement in those aspects to avoid that happens again. Thank you again for your comment, and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Originally my family (2 children, ages 4 & 8) were planning on spending a nice long weekend away from Hong Kong in Macau. But due to the "Golden Week" holiday in China, the hotels in Macau were almost fully booked unless you wanted to pay US$500 a night. So I thought Shenzhen would be a better nearby option and chose this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor.

We were not disappointed! I had booked the King club suite through Venere.com but somehow, their agency made a mistake and put in an order for a regular size room. Luckily the staff was understanding about it and said they would give me the suite and try to clear it up with the agency later.

The suite was huge and at about $130 per night it's a steal. The rooms of the suite all had sliding doors so when the kids were being noisy in the living room I could still zone out in the bedroom. We all slept really well the 2 nights we were there and the beds are super comfortable. Everything is very modern and clean, there is plenty of space, service is wonderful and the facilities at the fitness centre and pool are great. I especially enjoyed the steam room and the locker area of the pool--very clean, with all the amenities you would need. (Tip: we didn't know bathing caps are the law in China, so my husband had to go to the nearby Vanguard to buy them--they sell them at the pool but for a ridiculous $8). My only complaint would be that the pool was too cold so we couldn't stay in it too long. The service at the hotel is very very attentive but not in your face and low key, I especially like that about this hotel. We also enjoyed the hotel's massage service. They have foot massage and aromatherapy massage and I tried the Chinese Acupressure massage which yielded amazing results for my bad knees. I highly recommend Masseuse #9.

The food in the hotel is also not too expensive and I would recommend the Chinese Restaurant upstairs over the Cafe downstairs. The food is very nice in the Chinese restaurant and we tried dinner and dim sum there. The Cafe 2011 has a buffet every lunch and dinner but I am not a fan of buffets and theirs is not very spectacular. It's not expensive though. We tried the dinner buffet which is fun for kids but I didn't think the food was fresh enough.

After we left the hotel, I realized I left some valuable items in the room by accident. When I called the hotel after I came back to HK, they immediately found my items and said they would gladly send them back to me and I received them safely. I was quite relieved for such nice service even though I had a really hard time communicating in my broken Mandarin! Anyway thank you to the hotel for being so efficient.

For travelers who like an active night life and going about the town, then this location may not be for you. But for people who want a quiet, peaceful, relaxing and luxurious holiday at a budget price, this hotel is perfect! There are a few new malls around but in general it is very quiet. This is the place to come if you are like me and hate crowded places.

If you are coming from HK, there is a convenient direct bus (3 times a day) from the hotel to Fanling, Kowloon Tong, Mong Kok, Disneyland, the Airport and various other stops around HK. It is really convenient and easy! We will be back!

Room Tip: If you are willing to splurge a little or need more space for kids, the King Suite is fantastic!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie R
lyvia d, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenzhen Longgang City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your support to our hotel. We are glad to know you and your family had a good time here with us. Now we have adjusted the temperature of the cantilever indoor swimming pool to 28-29 degrees centigrade, which is appropriate for swimming. For the food issue, we will forward it to the management and will do our best to improve and better control the food quality. Thank you again for choosing our hotel, and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have to say that my recent stay at this hotel was superior! Though it is a little out for business downtown in Shenzhen, it was made up for with an fantastic complement of professional staff from check-in to checkout. Compliments must be paid to the Concierge (Tiger) who went above and beyond in catering to my needs and the room was ample, clean and everything was in true working order. Though the separation of the bathroom and the room was a little too post-modern in its design for myself, it still superbly served my business needs. Further to this, the Front Desk staff (including Tiffany) was great! I can't say anything wrong about this hotel except that it may be a little out for some considering business in the heart of the business district of Shenzhen.

Room Tip: Indicate on your reservation ANY special requests and believe you me, the staff will do their best t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business