“Very Nice room”

Ranked #32 of 2,812 Hotels in Shenzhen
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very Nice room”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed in a studio room, it was so nice, I loved the design and the bathroom! It has a modern feel, just as the whole place. Located uphill a 15 minutes walk from the metro station, I can't say location is so great but reasonable. In the same area with the metro there is a bar street, I went to a nice tapas bar with live band music, it was so cool!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank arashicchan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 29, 2014

When I reached the hotel lobby, I like the luxury and zen touch to the overall ambiance. The lobby looks spacious and inviting. I also like the lotus-design seats at the lobby, although they look more comfortable the looks.

During my check in, the hotel staff gave me a free upgrade, which came as a pleasant surprise. When I reached my room, I like the overall design. The room was spacious, comfortable, homely with a luxury touch to it. Also, I like the balcony. What I really love most was the rain shower bathroom with L'occitane bathroom amenities. The sky window design added a nice, romantic touch as there was moon light at night.

What I feel can be improved:
1. The swimming pool seems to be operated by an external vendor, and there were kids learning to swim. The decor and feel of the gym and swimming pool appear to be different from Ascott residences.
2. The quality of the breakfast needs to improve. I was making my way to the cakes when I noticed flies swarming on top of them. Having said that, the price was good.

Overall, the stay was very pleasing and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My wife and I went to the hotel to celebrate our anniversary. It was not the first time we stayed at the hotel/ serviced apartment of this group. The overall experience is great. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. At the same price, we enjoyed larger space compared with the other hotels. The environment is unexpectedly good. The most inspired thing was that, when the staff knew it was our anniversary, they prepared us a bottle of wine and a card with greetings signed by hotel staff. We think it is so sweet.
I am sure that I will stay at this property again and when we plan for our trips in future, this group will be one of our top choices.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TOK T
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I enjoyed a 2 week stay here in October-November 2013.
I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment since their 1 bedroom apartments was sold out. I really enjoyed the apartment and the accommodations.

My only negative remarks would have to be that a lot of work was being done on the property which was a bit noisy and I was missing water a couple of days - at daytime.
AND - the breakfast. It was not of a western standard and quality. Example: The bacon was not real bacon.
However, I really did enjoy my stay here. Actually planning on booking a months stay here within the next week or so.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greece, Athens
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one night. Upon arrival and check-in I went to the room that was a total mess! No sheets on the beds, towels thrown everywhere etc. I called the reception, told them the room was a mess and after 5 mins they brought me the key to another room that was prepared and ready ! Not happy about it, especially after a long trip.
Room was good. Free wi-fi was totally hopeless, however with the Lan cable provided at the room there was descent internet.
I visited the gym that was ok, there was an indoor pool also beside that I did not use. Smell of chlorine was far too strong.
Buffet breakfast was poor.
Hotel is close to the seaworld area with plenty of bars and restaurants and some more new and modern hotels nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Louis T, General Manager at Ascott Maillen Shenzhen, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We regret that this incident left you with a negative impression. I wish to extend to you my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We acknowledge the discomfort you have experienced in the apartments due to the cleaning standard and I had personally addressed this error with the Housekeeping Department.

I hope that you will reconsider staying with us or any of our other serviced residence, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Book for 3 days for this hotel and they upgrade me to 1 bed room apartment. The Apartment is more than I expected, its clean with a calming color pallet.
Its a nice and quiet surrounding, but also walking distance to sea world where there's a lot of shops and eateries and 5 minutes to Shekou ferry terminal.
The Staff is very friendly and helpful, they can help you to book a ferry ticket from Shekou to Hongkong Airport.
The only thing that I feel need to upgrade is their breakfast, not many choices and no variations in 3 days I stay there.
But over all, its very recommended to stay here if you visiting Shenzhen and definitely I will come back to this hotel if I am visiting Shenzen again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay. I have shared your compliments with my colleagues. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel is located not too far from the metro station 'Haishangshijie'. Actually there are several similar hotels around that place, where I find that Ascott is nearly the newest-opened hotel among them. The most amazing thing is the bathtub in the room and the balcony with the view of mount and sea(which wasn't mentioned when I made the booking). But there also are some tiny problems. The breakfast cost too much while it may not worth that price. And I didn't see any 'service' but still be charged 'service fee'.
Generally speaking, Ascott is a really nice place to stay and it does meet my expectations.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Ascott Maillen Shenzhen as your accommodation during your holiday in Shenzhen. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our service. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.