“Just ok, you'll have better in HK”

Grange Grill Westin Hotel
Ranked #8 of 4,123 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Overseas Chinese Town
Description: Located on the top floor of the hotel, Grange Grill, our signature steakhouse, features the ultimate show kitchen, sexy outdoor bar area and a panorama of Shenzhen viewable throughout the chic space.
Seattle, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just ok, you'll have better in HK”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Since the Crowne Plaza across the street changed ownership, we started staying at the Westin, so decided to try the Grange. I usually save my steak night for HK on my way out. This trip, I wish I had.

Ceaser salad had either too much anchovy or really bad anchovy paste. Way too fishy. The angus ribeye was not marbled and flavorful as a ribeye should be, There was too much fat on the cut as well. Flavor of the steak was so-so. Baked potato was great and it's presentation awesome Skip the sauted mushrooms. They were really bland and mixed too much with Asian types of mushrooms.

Overall, for the price, this was pretty blah. Save your money and get a better experience at Morton's or even Ruth's Chris in HK

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The restaurant look a bit kitch however the food and service are great. Steaks are amazing. Bartender makes killer martinies, so definitely try one.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Raymond H
Shenzhen, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best steakhouse in shenzhen”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

i´ve never had better steak in shenzhen and could offer this restaurant to all in good meat interrested people. the assistant restaurant manager by the name of Ric gave us a perfect choice of angus steak and a perfect matching wine. the price is justified because of the unique atmosphere and the served quality of our meal. we booked another table to visiting the restaurant two days later again.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Rade_Patrick
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Expensive but good.”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

During my last trip to Shenzhen I hit the usual Italian spots and hotel restaurants. I had a craving for a good steak. Grange Grill in the Westin Hotel was recommended by a couple of people. We went early to enjoy the outdoor bar which has an incredible view. I had a ribeye for dinner with a baked potatoe. The steak was incredible. It was a very good cut and cooked perfectly. My two friends had the same steak and could not believe how tender they were. The service was very good and very attentive. The manager talked with us and gave us directions and suggestions to some highly recommended spots in Shenzhen. He spent a great deal of time helping us and this was greatly appreciated.

This is a very expensive place to have dinner, but if your looking for a great steak the price is worth it. I will put this on my rotation of Shenzhen restaurants during my trips there. I look forward to my next staek dinner.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent service and Steak Dishes”
Reviewed July 3, 2012