“Never in America! One of the best parts of our trip!”

Shenzhen Wild-life Zoo
Book In Advance
More Info
$228.51*
and up
Guangzhou (Canton) China Day Trip from Hong Kong
Ranked #34 of 505 things to do in Shenzhen
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We loved feeding the bears from inexpensive bowls of canteloupe and sweet potatoes. We tossed the food down from our perch and aimed for the bear with the cutest tricks. I liked the one who looked like he was clasping his paws in prayer. They seemed to take turns most of the time. We have so much video of this particular activity. Then there were the lions and tigers! We got to climb into a mobile cage and drive through the tiger quarters. The zoo keeper would hand us a stick, like a skewer, with a piece of meat or a chicken leg stuck onto it. We were instructed to hold it out for the tiger. It was a bit creepy having the tiger breathing on you, but also exhilarating . Once again, the tigers seem to have the routine down pat. They seem to take turns getting fed. This exhibit took maybe 20 minutes and well worth the money. Later, as we observed the tigers from a distance, it was fun to see them lie in wait for the next "meat wagon" to come around. We missed the Elephant trunk rides much to the dismay of our daughter.

2  Thank Robin1954
"jail"
"shows"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've been to the zoo in Guangzhou and this one is not as good but its still not bad. If you want to see some animals but don't want to go to Guangzhou then check this one out. I like that at Chinese zoos you can get up close and touch a lot of the animals. Carnivore section was nice and the baby animal section was okay. You can ride an elephant here and get pictures up close with certain animals(for a fee). I thought the price was a bit steep(¥200~$32). I though animal welfare was fine, keep in mind Chinese treat animals differently than the west. Overall, good zoo in Shenzhen but not as good as the one in Guangzhou.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'm writing this review to express my disapointment at how some of the animals in this zoo are treated. The lion and tiger enclosure is one of the most popular in the zoo. There is a 'tour bus' that visitors can take to get closer to the animals. During our visit we saw the driver of the tour bus drive at speed towards some lions that were lazing about, in order to rouse them and provide a 'thrill' for the tour bus visitors. I was really disappointed and upset to see how these beautiful creatures were treated. Other than that, the zoo makes a very good family outing. There is also a large playground for the kids. Be warned though, food options are limited to noodles, sausages and some other items like that! Bring your own.

2  Thank Lella
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The Zoo is just like any other zoo..I was disappointed because I could not found panda in the zoo 
My amazing experience started when we decided to go for safari. There is a separate fee for that and that experience was worth of each penni we paid for that safari ride.
They took us into the man-made jungle in a big van (Van looked like a jail, because of iron bars). In few minutes we found our self surrounded by 6-7 huge tigers. Our safari guide gave us raw meat in a iron skewer and asked us to feed the tigers. Tigers were roaring and looking at us like crazy. The whole safari trip was around 30 mins and during those 30 minutes, we saw at least 30-35 tigers, ligers and lions.
It was an ultimate experience!!

4  Thank Love T