“The best beach in guangdong shenzhen”
Review of Xichong Beach

Xichong Beach
Ranked #23 of 486 things to do in Shenzhen
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Though not as popular as Dameisha beach, Xichong is just as lovely and the water and sand are clean and perfect for swimming.
shenzhen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best beach in guangdong shenzhen”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Traveling solo I didn't know I will make it here but much thanks to trip advisor and my smartphone. The most important thing I should say please install this app am not saying this for promotion or anything but because it has helped every step I was making as in finding the nearest hotel and the cheapest, nearest attractions, giving me options on how to get there. I will can confirm that it's perfectly accurate thank God. Anyway this beach is amazing considering I came here during the Chinese New Year am not disappointed at all besides me being the only foreigner. There are some hotels near the beach I paid 200 yuan per night not that bad I think although the restaurant is 5 mins walk I mean its good to exercise. So for those who want to come here its very easy although far from downtown. Just take line 3 to nanliao station please get off on the right side and board bus 818 I paid 5 yuan to dapeng then where the bus drops you ie the terminal station wait for a minibus m232 it will get you to xichong beach . If you cant speak chinese you'd rather write the address down to show someone rem in Chinese characters if you can most people don't really recognize pinyin. There are a couple of hotels but if you can book the better the beach is extremely clean there's some places you can barbecue although haven't seen anyone fishing here you can bring your stuff. Happy horse year and have fun!!

3 Thank truly99

• Korean first
Guangzhou, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My first experice for beach,reasonable cost.treasure memory”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Xichong beach located in shenzhen,it is not whole developed,so very nature.
and the reasonable cost.not like the famous sightseeing ,the high cost ,the crowd people.
it is well pretect!

it was very tresure memory for me as it is my first time closed the sea and the most romatic with my husband. we enjoyed very much .

we arrived 13 Sep Afternoon after lunch. Morning we went the Shenzhen Jewelry fair for some work. looking for some facotry . and afternoon we arrived the hotel(Not regular hotel.local people's house.and use for rent ). hotel is cheap ,we arrived Friday. Cost Rmb 248 ($41.33).from Sunday to Thurday Rmb198($33). Saturday Rmb398($66.33).
there is many local people's house for rent .and decoration very nice,Comfortable!

Well,14:30 we prepared to walk on beach.so not change the dress, changed slipper. to have nice walk.
i was excited as baby. first i was afraid of the wave.afraid of going inside sea. seemed will take me into the sea.but after trying .feel good.
we took 2 hours we back hotel for some work as still Friday need reply client's Email.

18:00we have dinner at one restaurant. we have order 3dishe,1 dishe seafood.1 dish vegatable,1 dish chilli with beef. and 2 bowls of rice. Cost Rmb119($19.8).

we went back to hotel ,and made plans for tomorrow.we came here for another reason for seeing sunrise. so we decided we have to get up 5:00 early morning.
So next day we took action as planned last night. after washed face and tooth. arrived beach 5:30. then we choosed good location for shoot photo.and finally waited for sunrise.
we walked ,run.
and we ate snickers & cookies as breakfast.as the shops opened 8:00 or 9:00
so you have to prepared something to eat.

have moutains covers sun.so you can not see the sunrise from sealine.so when we can see the sun came out during 6:00-6:30.

after sun came out started getting hot.then you can have rest in the shadow area.

Consider security.allow going into start 9:00 am. As this time the wave is much calm,and water not so cold. and also the lifeguard start work.

Please do not joke me.i cannot swim.so i must with my husband when entered into the sea.and he took good care of me. i am 1.5m tall,and he 1.85tall,so we can go deep area......
very very nice memory.
have all of this rules you feel safe. safe makes more important when have trip.

By the way ,when early morning we arrived beach. have many tents they sleeped in the tent and then see the sunrise.after that they left.
you no need bring tent by yourself,you can rent in shops .Rmb50($8.33).

as this is our first time came here,no have experience for out-door night.so we didn't rent tent.
but next time we would like to try .as you can save the hotel cost. HAHAHAH.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Yi R
Shenzhen
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Best beach in Shenzhen”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you've been to the beaches of Florida, USA, the Caribbean, the Gulf of Mexico or the South Pacific and are hoping for a similar experience, forget China's beaches. But...if you are looking for a beach in China and have no other options, Xichong beach is a nice option. In east Shenzhen on Dapeng peninsula, it's an almost relaxed and romantic setting away from the frenetic city pace. Be warned, there are few accomodations there, which include some low rent cottages on the beach. The long beach is scenic, although I've heard that the water quality can be bad at times due to the effluence of waste and manufacturing runoff. That said, it's a scenic place that will likely lose its charm in the next few years as rapid development swallows it whole.
I've heard about surfing and windsurfing at the smaller beach, but the waves I saw were 1 meter at best. If you want to see some natural China beach coastline, get there quick before the highrises that are sure to come obscure the view.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank syoung108
Shenzhen, China
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“far from town but worth the journey”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This beach can be reached in 1 to 2 hours (or even more) from downtown Shenzhen, depending on the traffic (avoid late afternoon/beginning of evening as the locals like to go there for BBQ/camping... and that's it: no sunbathing for them)
Avoid public holidays or children's holidays also for that one, as the beach can be extremely packed with large groups of campers during these times.
Apart from that, Xichong is a nice place to enjoy relaxing or fun with friends on the beach, the water is good, and in the evening there are many places to enjoy your own BBQ. Also they have simple but clean and cheap bungalows.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank tardivs
Sunnyvale, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“good beach bad maintenance”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were very excited as it was said to be among the "8 best beaches in China" but were disappointed when we arrived. The beach itself is pretty with a 4-5km stretch, however these ppl don't know how to maintain it, leaving garbage on the beaches (a LOT!), i stepped on many beer bottles while walking into the sea. It's amazing how the water can still be quite blue.
The BBQ areas are supposed to be beautiful like the pictures, however, when we arrived the whole area was filled with garbage and leftover foods just thrown on the floor. We ordered the BBQ set for 38$ per person, ended up only eating the chickens, the other veggies (a huge eggplant with no sauce and plastic tasting meatballs were...merely awful). We saw rats run behind while BBQing...I know this might be common in China..but...
The "resort" was the worst...we ordered a place at "hai ning resort“(海寧渡假村), the website was pretty and pictures looked decent. We booked a "2room + 1 living room" little wood house that was set right next to the beach for 800RMB a night (originally 1680, remember to bargain). so pretty good price i would say.
but the moment we walked into the house, we were asking if we could call a cab and head back home...There was 1 huge cockroach in the living room, 3 in the toilet (yes floating) and 2 more in the kitchen, all dead, followed by a centipede in the sink. The rooms were totally disgusting, sheets had yellow stains and a few more dead cockroach bodies under the bed....We couldn't sleep all night cuz we kept on seeing new cockroaches merge and had to start killing again..but we finally gave in, and slept till morning....
good thing we stayed thou! the beach was beautiful in the morning (just ignore the garbage) and we took a boat to the island across (they will ask you for 50$RMBper person, but 35$ is the right price). Once we got on the island, there were many ppl there looking for mussles(?) i think. We went on the right path (crowded on the left) and found a flight of stairs which we decided to give a try. It's a really really tiring hike, BUT! wonderful view at the top!!! the sea breeze is awesome~ especially after a night with cockroaches, this was pretty relaxing.
We headed back around 3 and took a private cab back (hotel can book it for you, we got 300$ back to Luohu).
Btw, we thought it was prob just THIS resort, so actually walked to other resorts and looked around...they are pretty much all the same....prob cuz it's all these local resorts(i really wouldn't call them resorts) around the beach, no hyatt etc for them to take as reference, so everyone settles with these "Resorts".
I would say: the beach is ok to go (I'm guessing it's pretty good in China), but don't stay the night (or stay somewhere near, but at a legit hotel). But if you can, head to HK for the beaches...it's not that far and they DO know how to maintain beaches (recommend Tai long wan beach in Sai kung) best ever <--sleeping in a tent at this beach is way more better then what we had

Visited October 2012