Sunflower Hotel & Residence Shenzhen
$203
$189
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewssmall balconyliving roomcoco parkwashing machineexhibitionsubwaywififloorstationshoppingenglish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2014

we booked a double bedroom for 4 so we got a small app like which quite spacious with small kitchen living room lots of space but only thing was that the bed was really hard. hotel looks worn out. breakfast was just awful....they were not really looking forward to fill the empty plates so you had to accommodate whatever you can get...if you do eat all stuffs

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

In short
* location is nice, however most of taxi drivers in town seem to have no idea where it is (or they do not like going there). It is also quite difficult to get taxi from the hotel in mornings.
* internet not bad at all.
* gym nice - some weights, three treadmills, some machines, seemed clean .
* room smelly, smelt like there was mould somewhere - air-conditioning/walls? no idea.
* bathroom was stinky... real bad. mainly in the evenings, seems like no one cleaned the sink-hole in a long time.
* everyday after the room cleaning, the whole room smelt from urine (seems like they do not have much experience in using clean rag).
* they copied my credit card number - 'just in case I used some other services' (explained to them I was really unhappy about that and tore it off from them). Guess I will have to check what I get billed for on my card from now on.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel in the mid way between downtown & theme park area near to Shenzhen exhibition
Credit card deposit was 145% of my reservation which equal to 12000 y & this is normal in china hotel
The problem that the deposit will not return to your credit card when the hotel release the hold so
You will Find :145%+100% the charge off your booking=245% on your credit card
So get ready & bring with you two credit card one for deposit only & the other for payment

Nearest subway station Shixia Station 10 mint walk
To theme park area happy valley 30 rmb taxi
To downtown 30 rmb taxi
To beach dameisha 80 rmb taxi

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I agree with many of the other reviews here, the facilities and rooms of the hotel are quite nice, trying to get schemed however wasn't such a great experience.

Our very unpleasant experience started at the check-in. We had reserved two rooms and were asked not only to pay the full rate in advance for all days of our stay, but also to pay a deposit, roughly equal to the fee of the rooms. In cash. I found this quite uncommon and excessive. I asked why that was and the reply was "maybe you will use the laundry, or eat breakfast here". Even if that was the case, I would be surprised if it would add up to more than a few hundred bucks. So, I told the staff that I would not meet their request and that I would agree to paying the deposit, but would then pay for eventually outstanding extra payments at the time of check-out (which should be close to zero, since the deposit was equal to the room charges for the entire stay).

After two days suddenly our room key doors did not work any more and a smirking front desk clerk basically told me that they would hold our belongings for ransom and would not issue new key cards before we wouldn't pay them more.

Well, I simply went berserk and since we were checking out the day after, we settled for paying up the very tiny amount that we 'owed' the hotel due to the breakfasts we had there. Really unnecessary and unpleasant.

So, better stay away from this place, there are tons of other hotels and it's really not worth all that trouble.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank ChinaTraveler2
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The hotel is located in a high end neighbourhood in Shenzhen. The building is new, modern and the rooms are very clean -- although a bit small. Sometimes, the modernism goes a bit too far -- the glass walls in the bathroom let too much to be seen from outside.

The hotel is in a good location (approx 10 mins walk from CoCo centre), but is pretty hard to find at first, even if arriving by taxi (the hotel is located on a residential street, between other high-raise buildings). Better ask for directions before arrival.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business