We took a weekend package which provide late check out on Sundays. The goal was to spent weekend in the parks nearby.
Overall the stay was really enjoyable.
- the staff attitude was great during all period of our stay. One of the best I saw within past few years. All are friendly and sincere looking forward to assist (quite rare nowadays).
- excellent location. Shopping mall, parks all within 5 minutes (we were with 3 kids so supermarket was a really valuable add-on for us). Everything is accessible with the stroller.
- Nice and convenient rooms. Connecting rooms is a really good option for the large families.
Minor things to consider
- sliding doors to the shower/toilet. Though I am fine with that someone may find luck of privacy.
- Not too many things to do after the kids go to sleep. We went to the bar in Venetian hotel, which is just opposite.
Few hints and ideas for the staff which are not really critical but could make stay even more enjoyable.
- We took weekend package and were under impression hotel is flexible with late check out time (this is what we were told during check-in). Unfortunately the time we were allowed to stay was bit shorter to what we have expected. Would it be possible to agree the check out time during the check in to avoid the rush on a last day and make planning more efficient?
- wifi connection in the room was quite slow. In fact 3G connection over the phone was more efficient. Didn't test LAN cable.
- the room is equipped with the latest sockets such as USB/HDMI/RGB etc which is cool. Unfortunately couldn't connect iPhone to the TV (we wanted to see new photos on the large screen). Can it be enhanced?
- As mentioned attitude of the staff was great, meanwhile it would be highly appreciated if they could brief us about events in the parks. Say there was a large show with fireworks on Sat evening in Windows of the world (just opposite the hotel) which we would really interested to attend should we get some hints from the hotel staff when we were asking the way to the park. Unfortunately parks itself are not informative for non-Chinese speakers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan ideally located in conjunction of business and recreation area, connected to upscale shopping complex with direct access to subway station. 350 inviting guest rooms and suites offer the signature Heavenly® Bed to ensure you start your day feeling rested and energized. You can unwind in the Heavenly Spa by Westin, recharge with a WestinWorkout, or enjoy free wireless high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Starwood APAC, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan Hotel Shenzhen