“An Oasis in Shenzhen”

Grand Hyatt Shenzhen
Ranked #17 of 2,862 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Gracious welcome Well appointed and very well deisgned rooms. Nice bar area upstairs. Somewhat tedious having to take 2 sets of lifts to reach the room and also traverse internal staircases to get to breakfast, bars etc, but staff are courteous and efficient.

Seems to be a pretty central location and about 45~60 minutes from Mission Hills. Prefer to stay here rather than Mission Hills for golf.

Breakfast is good with enough choice to keep most people happy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear afxdes,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to review your stay at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen and rating your experience a full 5-stars. We are proud to know you enjoyed the gracious hospitality provided by our team and will be sure to share your kind compliments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Shenzhen.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We spent 2 nights here by sheer accident but loved every minute of it. The hotel is so grand. The staff was very friendly and our room was over-the top. Very modern in appearance -black and white marble entryway and an all-glass shower with a rainwater shower head and separate tub . Beautiful. The closet area was large and equipped with a safe. The bed was very comfortable and our drapes were opened and closed by remote control. The television channels had English and Chinese stations so there was plenty of viewing choices.

The hotel was located next to a top scale mall and close to many dining options. For those traveling to Shenzhen on business, this would be the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor and were very comfortable there.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear ScenicWanderer,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen. We are glad that you experienced our authentic hospitality and had a wonderful stay. Your recommendation means a lot to us and we hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Shenzhen.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've stayed here a few times for work. The comfort level is outstanding. Rooms large and clean. Views from hotel lobby are great. Fitness centre quite nice and outdoor swimming pool good for lap swimming or lounging. Brunch and evening buffets are quite excellent. Location good, large shopping mall next door. Lots of restaurant choices there as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear JT3062014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write this review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your experiences at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen and felt very comfortable with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Since shortly after its opening, I have stayed here at the Grand Hyatt Shenzhen on numerous occasions. Initially, a few years ago, nothing seemed to work right. The staff was not knowledgeable, not even about the dining membership they had actually sold me.
Now, I must say, this hotel has improved tremendously. Everything works. The staff trained and can speak English. Having stayed at both the suite and the standard room, I suggest that the standard room is definitely good enough. It is very modern with the bathroom in the middle of the hotel room completely enclosed in glass. Wonderfully cool! The beds are very comfortable.
The hotel has many restaurants, what can I say, they are all very good. The buffet has many stations where you can try foods from all parts of the world. My favorite must be La Terrazza. Sit outside should the weather allow. At night, check out the highest bar in Shenzhen. Great view with cool music.
I always stay at the Grand Hyatt when in Shenzhen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear DoctorLo

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hyatt Shenzhen and taking the time to write about your experience. I will share your review with our team as positive feedback such as yours fuel the pride in which we have in our jobs. We greatly appreciate your detailed recommendation of our service, rooms and restaurants and look forward to extending our hospitality to you again on your next visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is the first time I stay in Grand Hyatt Shenzhen. Great location. But I found somehow confused about the elevator. Can I go directly down to the ground floor instead of going up to the lobby floor to get transferred to the right elevator? Also is it possible to watch TV while I was in the bathroom? (I stayed on the 15th floor.)

Will spent 2 more days ahead in March and hopefully i can get more familiarized with the hotel room facilities.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Stella R
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Stella R

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen. Our hotel features two core set of elevators designed to enhance guest privacy – the express elevators provide high speed access to the public areas on the higher levels, and the guestroom elevators provide exclusive access for guests who have checked in. Watching TV in the bathroom can be enjoyed in many of our Suite rooms and when you return in March any one of our team would be delighted by the opportunity to introduce the hotel and room features to you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were always going to chill at the bar on the 33rd floor and once looking down to the restaurant area on 32nd floor, we saw what an amazing selection of food they had.
Since then, every time we go to Shenzhen we go to have lunch buffet. Actually, now the only reason to go to Shenzhen for us is the Grand Hyatt lunch buffet. The service is always great and the quality of the food is superb. We tried many buffets in different hotels and so far this one is the best.
However, the last time we went there (27.02.2014), when asking for another coffee/tea, we were told that we can only order one cup per person, that's it! This is ridiculous! If I order another cup of coffee I expect it to be served at the buffet or at least offer me the option of paying extra for it, which they didn't.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear The_potato_but_s

Thank you for your compliments on The Show Kitchen at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen. We are very proud of the passion and expertise that our chefs put into the wide selections of International cuisines prepared at The Show Kitchen and delighted that you consider it “the best lunch buffet EVER”. I would like to confirm that free-flowing coffee or tea is included with the buffet and apologise that our associate had misinformed you. I appreciate that you have brought this to our attention and we will address it during training sessions to ensure this does not happen again. While we are glad that The Show Kitchen is a reason for you to return to Shenzhen, we also hope that you will have the chance to savour the delicacies at the hotel’s other restaurants and bar on your next visit.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The room looks modern with its open-concept bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. Like most Asian hotels, the rooms are designed for men: no mirrors in the room and room is not sound-proof. I had to apply make up in the bathroom without natural sunlight. I could hear the traffic in my room on the 15th floor. No smoke smell in the non-smoking room. Room size is acceptable but not that large. Bed was comfortable. Strange lighting system. Window shades are ineffective for keeping sunlight out. They have a problem with their check-in system because someone came into my room while I was getting dressed. He said he was there to check the cleaning and thought nobody had checked in. I liked the paraben-free toiletries. The breakfast spread is wide. I did not notice at first the western counter with many types of egg dishes.

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor. Hopefully sound of traffic is softer.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear working4vacations,

Thank you for your review of our property. I would like to apologise for our associate entering your room after you had checked-in. To allow me to look into this incident in detail and address this with you, please feel free to contact me at ross.cooper@hyatt.com.
In 2013, Hyatt completed its largest facilitated guest listening exercise. Insights from women travelers inspired us to launch a series of new amenities and services. This included the June Jacobs natural botanical spa amenities which you mentioned. I appreciated reading your suggestion about a mirror in the room for easier application of make-up and have asked some of our female management team to look into suitable solutions for the desk, where natural light is available.
I do hope we have the opportunity to further understand and better serve your needs when staying in a hotel and look forward to hearing from you soon.