“Very cool hotel”

Ranked #10 of 2,792 Hotels in Shenzhen
Toronto, Canada
“Very cool hotel”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my second stay at the Grand Hyatt Shenzhen. The room had a great modern-asian feel with an amazing bath/shower area. I was very happy with the professional staff and the food at the hotel was well above average! I highly suggest dining at the hotel buffet for dinner. I was very impressed. There are many great shops and restaurants in the area as well! This hotel is worth a stay.

A few small complaints. The gym was small and the set up was awkward to workout in. The lobby is located somewhere around the 33rd floor and to get to your room, you have to take 2 different elevators. A bit inconvenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 33rd lobby floor, it's easier to access the second elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Rolex, Louis V., Cartier, and all the others are just around the corner, convenient location! - Limo from and to HKG costs 2000 CNY (~320 USD). / funny feature: A smoke hood in the room for energencies....;)

• Stayed April 2013
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Check into the hotel for an overnight stay. Room is ok and comfortable. The bathroom is in the middle of the room with all glass panel, it is indeed a very sexy bathroom, but it will be very embarrassing for non couple guests or guests with children, lucky enough i was single occupied.
The hotel lobby is situated at 33rd flr and it's quite inconvenient as we need to go up to 33rd flr and change lift in order to get to our hotel room floor.
There is altogether five of us check-in to rooms in floor 11 & 12, when the hotel porter send the luggage together with us in the lift, i actually press 3 buttons, floor 10, 11 & 12 (which i press 10th floor wrongly) and the porter actually make a sound of complained and shown an annoying expression as he found out that he need to send the luggage to different floor, so ended up one of my colleague carried her own luggage when she went out at 12th floor. When we reached 11th floor, all of us headed to the left without notice that one of us stay in room 1126 which is on the right corner, so again the porter muttering and in a tone which all of us can hear him clearly (only i can understand mandarin and i understand that he was complaining that why are we so troublesome), so i actually start taking out my luggage from the trolley on my own and asked 2 of my other friends to do so and let the porter send the only one luggage to room 1126 which is on the other end as my friend staying in room 1126 is more senior and it would be tough for him to carry his luggage.
It was rather ridiculous, isn't that the porter shld provide service with smiling face & in welcome manner instead of being impatience and unwillingly?
Beside the little story mentioned, overall the hotel is ok, room is comfortable and clean, breakfast spread was good.

Guangzhou
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We were onthe club level, and club lounge was great, staff there super friendly and it was very relaxing to have an afternoon snack there. The rooms are large and modern and I did like the bathroom. The pool was nice and again service impecable. My only suggestion would be to have a dress code in pool area as I did notice a guest going in the pool wearing innappropiate attire (underwear).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am not usually one to write reviews, but on this occasion I felt I needed to. The main reason being, prior to my stay I was indecisive on whether to stay at this hotel, so would like to give my thoughts on some of the negative comments.

Firstly, i'm hearing a lot of people complain about the bathroom being in the center of the room. I can see how this doesn't work for you if you are shy or sharing with a friend. However, I did not feel the target audience of this hotel is sharing friends or families. I felt it was for business travelers such as myself or couples.

I personally loved the feeling of showering in the middle of my room, it was somewhat liberating. If I was with my partner, it would be equally as enjoyable. It is a risky design, but I like that as it gives a modern edgy feel rather than the same bland hotel feel.

The other point I would like to address is those criticizing the location of the lobby. The lobby is clearly on the 33rd floor for security reasons, along with ascetics (ie getting a beautiful view of the city during check in). It means the general public whom are accessing the hotels restaurants etc have no access to the guest levels. I like this, and it adds a certain feeling of exclusivity to guests.

The service at this hotel was impeccable, there is not a detail missed. All the staff from the cleaner to the manager speak English. Everyone is smiling, and you are made to feel welcome.

I generally only stay in 5 star hotels, and would say this is not only one of the best in Shenzhen, it is up there is one of my favorite city hotels world wide.

I would like to thank everyone at the hotel for all their hard work in ensuring I had a great stay.

1 Thank Jay S
Singapore
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great service, check in was a breeze. Hotel linked to Mix C mall so very convenient. Room spacious and modern. Nespresso machine included. Bathroom and tub very inviting. Grand club lounge was spacious with high ceilings.

Room Tip: Choose the club rooms.
Hong Kong
Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you're after buying a watch, stay at this hotel - shops next to the hotel are Audemars, Jaeger, IWC, Panerai, Vacheron, etc. Convenient if that's what you're after.

The pool is TINY, appears to be 3 lanes, but it's tiny - my two year old could probably take up the whole pool with his inflatables.

Food was average, the cafe had a humongous selection of food, but like many things in China, quantity over quality.

Lobby is fine, to get to hotel rooms you transfer on level 3 which is the spa floor - a bit odd.

Speaking of a bit odd - the bathroom is SMACK in the middle of the room. You walk in, and you have to turn left or right to go around the bathroom. It's a bit odd frankly.

Restaurants are largely on the 30+ floors, so at the top of the hotel, i guess they are trying to be a bit like the Park Hyatt chain.

Normally I have alternative hotels to recommend but I don't normally stay in Shenzhen as I live in Hong Kong.