“A good Choice for a day trip to Hong Kong on the train. It's tricky. Read here to avoid trouble.”

Ranked #2 of 2,767 Hotels in Shenzhen
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Very nice hotel. And, great location if you to take the train to Hong Kong. It is next to the subway. Remember to take the following with you: 5 RMB bank notes (the subway leaving Shenzhen accepts is 2.65, and accepts only 5 RMB notes), Hong Kong currency, your passport and departure card (to leave China). There are currency exchanges en route, but the lines are long. The ATM machines did not work for me. You will need at least $200 HK dollars to buy your train ticket to Central Hong Kong after you cross the border. The 1st class train ticket is $85 each way. Have plenty of different bank notes (some machines accept 100 notes, others do not). Alternatively, a car service to Hong Kong is about $300. It takes 20 minutes.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jane Z, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Max98116,

Thank you for taking your time to leave comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our services from our ladies and gentlemen as well as the the stay with us. I hope you had a great time in Hong Kong as well.

The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Checked in with my 10 year old daughter expecting to stay 3 nights and then move to a more "kid-friendly resort-ish" hotel when my husband and 8 year old daughter arrived. We finally forced ourselves to leave about 10 days later.

While this hotel certainly caters to a business clientele and has an excellent central business district location and is steps away from a metro station, they excelled at making my two daughters feel like princesses. I cannot praise the staff in Guest Services and the Club Lounge enough. If they even overheard my children talking about something they made it happen. Private cooking lessons with the chef - complete with chef uniform - check, want a cookie with a Hello Kitty on it - check, want a kid-size robe - check, want chicken congee and we only have pork on the buffet - we will make chicken special for you, want to learn Chinese and make Chinese Valentine Day Cards - done. All with the biggest smiles. If would not have believed it if we had not been seeing it. Jack, Annie, Ashley, Micthel, Millie, Wayne, Eudrado, Andre, Nina, Christine and so many others made their introduction to China flawless.

The staff also know how to make certain adults are just as taken care of, they helped me get a cell phone, set up cell phone service, arrange for overseas wire transfers when needed - and even taught me how to use the washing machine at our new apartment. Their attention to detail is amazing - one of the staffed noticed that I had a slight limp when I got out of the cab one day and within minutes had arranged delivery of medical supplies to my room treat a heel blister - and I had never even mentioned I had one.

We have stayed at two other Ritz-Carlton's in Asia in the last 90 days - and they were also very service driven - but the Shenzhen location has set the bar to which we will now compare all others level of service...it was that exceptional.

Room Tip: Club Level is Exceptional - Staff are amazing
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank plum9195
Jane Z, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear plum9195,

Thank you for your nice review on TripAdvior. I’m very pleased to learn that our ladies and gentlemen went extra mile to provide you and your lovely daughters the personalized services and genuine care such as the private cooking classes and Chinese Valentine Day Cards. I’m glad that you and your family had a great time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in your home in Shenzhen!

Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Everything in my stay was first rate. The room was comfortable, quiet and beautifully furnished. Early check-in was accommodating and efficient.

Sometimes a hotel really shines when something goes a little wrong, and this was the case at the Ritz in Shenzhen. My first night, the smoke detector starting flashing, and it awakened me sporadically throughout the night. I was too tired to mention it until the next morning, when I told a manager in the lounge and then happened to meet the rooms manager in the elevator. A team of technicians was at the room in minutes, not only to make sure this problem was resolved, but to ensure that I had no other similar issues. The rooms manager stopped by to follow-up personally, checked again the next day, and also called ahead to another Ritz Carlton to ensure that the room was properly prepared -- far beyond the call. Later that day, I also received a handwritten note from the housekeeping department. It didn't actually stop there. I received a call from the executive lounge manager about finding kosher food, and assistance from front desk arranging transportation.

Bottom line: never have I had such competent, sincere and personal service in a hotel. I would return to the Ritz on any future stay in Shenzhen.

Dear 1234567833979,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and more important is our ladies and gentlemen resolved the problem immediately for you during your stay. We appreciate your generous comments on us in terms of our response to problems and yes, as you mentioned “Sometimes a hotel really shines when something goes a little wrong”. Thank you for gave us opportunity to solve the smoke detector flashing issue and glad to see our ladies and gentlemen’s prompt follow up on it.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hamilton, NZ
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel. Modern, clean and extremely friendly & efficient staff. I would definitely stay here again. Close to some great spots too. Food in the buffet was to a high standard although I only had breakfast. Short taxi ride to main train station too.

Stayed August 2014
Dear markd71,

Thank you for taking your time to leave such nice comments on TripAdvisor. I enjoyed reading your review and glad that you enjoyed our services from our ladies and gentlemen as well as the buffet breakfast.

Annecy, France
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The Ritz Carlton Shenzhen is may be not the latest hotel in Shenzhen but the service is outstanding. It is a well managed hotel.
The staff is very well trained and very attentive to your need. They will go out of their way to make sure to meet your expectation.
Overall the food is good with a very popular buffet on the 2nd floor.
I recommend you to stay on the club floor. The room are spacious and very well equipped.
The executive club provide an excellent buffet breakfast in the morning and is equipped with meeting rooms and a business center.
The fitness club provide a full range of Technogym equipment.
Definitively a very comfortable hotel and a great staff.

Room Tip: Suggest to stay on the executive floor
Dear 760pieto,

Thank you for taking your time to leave such nice comments on TripAdvisor. I enjoyed reading your review and glad that you enjoyed our services from our ladies and gentlemen as well as the buffet in our Flavorz restaurant.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I travel frequently on business, and it's easy for one hotel stay to blur into the next. Not so with the Ritz-Carlton Shenzhen. My stay at the RC Shenzhen ranks up there as one of my top hotel experiences. From the staff to the room to the facilities, everything was simply top-notch. In addition, the hotel is very conveniently located next to the convention center and close to the business district. A metro station is within walking distance, and the Futian border crossing is only a short drive away.

This hotel has become my first choice to stay when in Shenzhen. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are fantastic, but it's also worth upgrading to the club floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jane Z, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear klavier_mann,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I’m very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and much appreciated your generous comments on our service, facilities and our ladies and gentlemen. Certainly our location is idea one for both business and leisure trip as you mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon with us.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Getting in late from Hong Kong and driving through the border, it was a welcome sight to see the staff ready to get me from car to room as quickly as possible. Traffic in the city sucks, border crossing immigration also sucks, but Ritz C does its best to put you in your room. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to club floor, which I thought my office booked, but check in was more than happy to get me into an available room. YOU NEED TO BOOK A CLUB FLOOR ROOM. Without a doubt, this is what made the experience memorable. Room (2303) facing the square was great with the comforts of home. Club Lounge is the best part and I would like to specifically point out Karan Jain who really made my stay that much better. Thank you for the wine, and thank you for making it easier for me during my week stay. Also Millie Mi who helped me with my Uber driver. Uber is available in Shenzhen and it is 1000 times better than taking the damn taxi. It is a necessity as many drivers only accept cash. It is a convenience if you don't want to keep looking for RMB in your pockets. Mille waited with me, in the pouring rain, for the driver to show up and was able to efficiently get me to my meeting and back. Thank you Millie. Other than that, I will only stay here as it has the best location to drive to and from the business district as well as quickly making my way back to Hong Kong airport. Thank you RC Shenzhen, I'll see you next month.

Room Tip: Don't get rooms next to the elevator, the chimes will really make you want to kick a dog.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jane Z, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Mat D,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of our property with the Trip Advisory community. I am thrilled you enjoyed the services and room. It is really our Ritz-Carlton pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you for your compliments on our ladies and gentlemen. I will certainly pass on to the related Ladies and Gentlemen along with my own appreciation for a job well done. We strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and hope to welcome you back again soon.