“The Staff Make The Difference”

The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen
Ranked #2 of 2,862 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I cant recommend this hotel highly enough. It has all the facilities you would expect of a 5 star hotel, but its the small things they do right that make the difference.

We arrived at the hotel in the early hours of the morning and fancied/needed a stiff drink. The extremely helpful ladies at the bar remained open for an extra half hour or so while we enjoyed a couple of whiskey shots.

The hotel rooms where spacious and extremely comfortable. The room also contained an ipod deck, meaning i could listen to my own music while getting changed and washed in the morning.

The room over looked the hotel swimming pool. Unfortunately i didn't get to try it, but it looked very refreshing.

The breakfast buffet, had everything you could wish for. I don't drink tea or coffee so with out asking the staff would bring me fresh orange juice!

I live in Hong Kong and would be happy to come back for a weekend get away and spend all my time next to the pool, spa or enjoying the amazing buffet!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We arrived late at night and we had impecible service from all the of staff. They made us feel welcome even though it was late. We also attended an event that was held at the hotel. It was perfectly organized, with fantastic food and outstanding service. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to look after us. The rooms are immaculate and quiet so you can get a good night sleep. The breakfast buffet is worth every penny and I recommend anyone spluge and indulge!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RMF88
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Even knowing that The Ritz Carlton hotels are always a guarantee of excellence, we did not expected to receive such an amazing service and a staff so attentive to each detail!

We informed them that we was traveling with 2 kids (3 years old and 7 months old) and when we checked in the room was full of toys, cookies, teddy bears for my sons. Amazing!!!

The second day we have booked a table on the buffet but later we changed our mind and we booked a table on the Paletto (the Italian fine dinning restaurant), as they knew we were with kids, they prepared a able on a private area for us and cooked a special pasta out of the menu for my son.

The service was always superve and for sure we will repeat the experience.

Room Tip: All rooms have good views of the city but the suites has also a cozy terrace
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Still the best choices for Shenzhen Luxury Hotel. Very well balance between modern luxury to warm atmosphere.

What makes this hotel truly exceptional are the staff who are sincere, professional, welcoming and turning every ordinary into extraordinary one. True Star Ms. Kimmy Quality Manager.

Every aspect of the rooms are well thought, functional yet classy.

A must for luxury choice in Shenzhen.

Room Tip: pick a room with a window in bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Last week was my first time staying at the Ritz and the service was great. The location was a minute walk from the MTR exit and not in a busy area. Upon checking in, I asked for assistance with my China Mobile sim card because it wasn’t getting reception. One of the manager’s called China Mobile and asked what happened, they said maybe I cut the sim card wrong for the iPhone 5 I was using. He informed me that there is a shop nearby and one of his staff can walk with me there since I wasn’t too familiar. As I was checking in I got a great corner room that had an amazing view, with the bathtub having a 180 view of Shenzhen. The breakfast was great but kind of pricey, but what do you expect, it’s the Ritz. They included a 150rmb discount for a massage which I ended up using during my stay. The massage was great, and during the end of my massage, the masseuse asked if I didn’t like it because of me breathing heavy. I said no, I have a meeting in 5 minutes so I have get ready to leave. I’m sure if I really didn’t like it they would have probably cancel the charge to satisfy their guests. I would definitely stay here again because of the great service, nice room, and location.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was truly impressed by the service that I received at the Ritz Carlton in Shenzhen. From the moment that I walked in I was literally followed around by the kindest staff ever.

What sealed the deal was that I found myself to be quite ill around 5AM one morning and in desperate need of antibiotics. I was afraid that I would have to tough it out, but fortunately decided to call the front desk for advice. Within twenty minutes, I had someone at my door with the exact prescription I needed and warm tea, at 5AM!! There's nothing like being taken care of when you're sick.

Also, the location is great for business purposes, and it is also right above the metro in case you like to experiment with local transportation.

My only complaint was the food. As a vegetarian, I found that pork was added in food where it wasn't specified. Overall the food was pretty underwhelming, but this might be a comment on the area, rather than the hotel...

As a young female traveling alone, I could not have felt more at home in a foreign place. This experience might have been enough to convert this loyal SPG member to Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NYCHoya
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed in The Ritz Carlton Shenzhen along with my friends last week and I cannot wait to drop in a line about this good stay!

The hotel is located in the central Futian Business District which is a very convenient location. We stayed at the Club floor rooms with complimentary access to the lounge. The rooms are very well appointed and spacious and the lounge is very comfortable and well-equipped. We used the club floor meeting room and it is set up well.

The service at this hotel was impeccable, there is not a detail missed. All the staffs are genuinely helpful and polite, they all speak fluent English. Everyone is smiling, and we are made to feel welcome.

We had lunch twice at the Paletto restaurant, the food is just wonderful.

I definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here each time I visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends