“Best Hotel in Fuyong Town”

Baolilai International Hotel
Ranked #23 of 2,769 Hotels in Shenzhen
“Best Hotel in Fuyong Town”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Or Maybe the only 5 star hotel in the area. As mentioned a large majority of the staff speaks about 6 words of English. But if you ask for assistance they will always provide you with someone who has a good grasp of English. The General Manager has gone out of his way to be accommodating to me and my party on several occasions. Like traveling in most parts of China you have to exercise a little patience and you will be rewarded. The hotel has 2 towers. 1 side is considered business - decent size rooms. The other gigantic 1 room suites. I prefer the right tower. The Gym is well equipped. The foot massage spa should not be missed - Very upscale but By western standards very inexpensive. Food is decent/good. You're not going to get gourmet western food in this area of Shenzhen. Overall this hotel deserves its 5 star rating.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Biztravel136
bllhotel, Public Relations Manager at Baolilai International Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your comment and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hi
During my last trip in 2012 . I had a meal in the hotel and found it to be grand . So my friend booked it for me this time round . But I have to say that I have no regrets .

This is a 5 star hotel and maintaining it in true sense . I had a local friend with me at the time of check in and check out so communication was not much a problem . But otherwise there is a language problem .

Considering the only 5 star hotel in this part of town near the airport . I feel that they should have more Englsih speaking staff .

The Spa is very good on the 5th floor and the Medicinal Chinese massage we had was heavenly . I had the tiem to use the pool as well which was ok .

There was a Italian food fest which was going on and the food was good . Daily morning was a lavish spread .

I think as I have to come to this part of twon for business I for sure will stay here in future as well and hope that the communication part will be taken care of the next time I com ein .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comment and we will look into the problem so to further enhance our service.
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed April 13, 2013

It is quite shocking that a 5 Star hotel catering to mostly foreign business travelers would only have one person of maybe over 200 staff who really understands and can speak more than ten words in English.
If you go to the front desk and ask any question other than to register or pay your bill, first the perplexed look in their face tells you they have no clue of what you said. Then more people are called in and now you may have up to eight perplexed faces. Suddenly you see one blond foreign staff lady wearing the uniform and you feel relieved they finally hired their one person who knows English.
If you speak Chinese or will never have any questions or need help this is a great place. If not you may be lucky to find the blond lady who speaks English. Other than this, the coffee is not worth trying unless you help yourself to a tiny self serve expresso machine everyone lines up for during breakfast buffet.

1 Thank 747Josepmr747
bllhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Baolilai International Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your detailed description of your experience staying in our hotel. We are very glad to understand points that we need to improve, and will reflect to our management team soon. Many thanks again and we look forward to your return in the future.
Orebro, Sweden
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I agree with two recent reviewers Michael P and Christopher S that this is a very good place to stay and that the pricing, by western standards is low. The room was excellent and since the hotel is fairly new the compulsory deterioration of the bathroom one too often see even in rather good hotels, has not yet started. Still there are a few (minor) details I would not have expected at a hotel like this and in this place of the city.

- I stayed for four nights and I had a normal (whatever that would be?) number of contacts with various persons of the staff and I found surprisingly few of them talking good enough English for what I expect from a hotel of this standard, particularly since I think that many foreign and English talking guests will find the hotel to be attractive and would like to choose it also for it's accessibility along the main road north from Baiyuan airport towards the northern parts of Shenzhen and Guangzhou.
- I also found the breakfast buffét to be less than expected while this does not mean that I think it was insufficient.
- The Lobby bar was good to spend time at during evenings and also quite comfortable for uncasual business meetings but I don't think it is a good way of bringing in money to add tissue and nuts to the bill without the guest even asking for it. The bowl with three assorted types of nuts might be nice but since the waiters always put it on the table as soon as you sit down why not just adding a few RMB to the drinks or sandwiches instead of charging for what would be much nicer to (at least pretend to) just treat the customer with. The staff was very friendly though and that somewhat balances the poor initiative made by the management.
- The rotating bar at the top floor looked nice but it was a bit surpricing to recognize half of the breakfast menu even in this night restaurant. My party ended up being almost thrown out at closing time (10 pm) after having had the staff running around the place for the last twenty minutes bringing food and plates away from tables and the serving counters. Even if they don't like to keep staff longer than necessary I think it is just common good manor to allow guests to feel that they are welcome until the place close. The lady who cleaned the floor also started to wipe well before ten o'clock and showed us the way around the newly wiped areas where she didn't want us to step. It could have been to avoid an accident due to the possibly slippery floor but it also added to the impresssion we had that we should have left half an hour earlier.
- I asked for help with a printout at the Business Centre and eventually managed to get it done by my own efforts and the benevolent help from the lovely Charlene that worked that evening. Sad though that the management doesn't put staff on duty in this position that can speak slightly better English. She did her best but as she had noone to turn to for assistance we just had to work it out on our own. A Business Centre where a foreign customer in fact is subject to the restrictions of a Chinese IT-environment is somewhat less than one would have hoped for at a five star hotel. 45 minutes, and in the end having to use the private qq-chat account of the staff (which she suggested her self) to get a handful of sheets printed is hardly acceptable.

I had in mind to approach the (obviously European or American looking) lady I saw at the Assistan Managers desk in the Lobby to tell her about my thoughts but once I had the time I couldn't see her. I think I will drop her a mail hoping she will be pleased and not take it bad.

Over all I still think it is a good place and I would certainly choose this hotel another time.

2 Thank Blue_Swede
Thank you for your comment. We will highlight the points you mentioned for our management team, and follow up with concrete actions for further enhancement. WIsh you all the best and look forward to your return.
Horsham
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a very high quality hotel, which would be three times the price it is were it situated in a Western city.

The architecture is on a grand scale, with a fantastic lobby and the most amazing bar. You can also eat in the roof-top revolving restaurant.

The rooms are of a very high standard, spacious and well equipped, including a very good complimentary wi-fi service.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comment and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to your soon return.
Elburn, Illinois
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel is the best Chinese business hotel I have ever stayed. The mattress is comfortable as well as the pillows. I can honestly say that I did not lose any sleep because of the bed. The bathrooms had plenty of space and the showers had great water pressure. The shower head was also high enough that I did not need to bend over to wash my hair. I was able to enjoy a foot massage at this hotel and I would highly recommend it. The only downside is the breakfast. There was very little for the Western traveler besides typical Chinese breakfast fare.

There is a food market and shopping mall across the street from the hotel. There are also many vendors on the street selling their wares. McDonalds is across the street if one is so inclined.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Christopher S
BaoLiLai International Hotel is located in the center of FuYong Town in Bao'an District of ShenZhen Than.Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your return in the future.
Marcq-en-Baroeul, France
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel is very pleasant, to not say modern and luxurious.
I stayed during a trip to Shenzhen for a 3 days stay. The hotel is very well equiped: Tennis course, sauna, hamam, massages, bars and so on.

I particularly liked the room that was big enough, arround 45m², with an enormous and confortable kingsize bed, the bath room is also big, with a window for dirrect view from the bath to the bed...
I didn't like so much the karaoke bar at the level 1 that is in fact a meeting point for girls (if you understand what I mean...)

Room Tip: Smoking and non smoking rooms availables.