I agree with two recent reviewers Michael P and Christopher S that this is a very good place to stay and that the pricing, by western standards is low. The room was excellent and since the hotel is fairly new the compulsory deterioration of the bathroom one too often see even in rather good hotels, has not yet started. Still there are a few (minor) details I would not have expected at a hotel like this and in this place of the city.
- I stayed for four nights and I had a normal (whatever that would be?) number of contacts with various persons of the staff and I found surprisingly few of them talking good enough English for what I expect from a hotel of this standard, particularly since I think that many foreign and English talking guests will find the hotel to be attractive and would like to choose it also for it's accessibility along the main road north from Baiyuan airport towards the northern parts of Shenzhen and Guangzhou.
- I also found the breakfast buffét to be less than expected while this does not mean that I think it was insufficient.
- The Lobby bar was good to spend time at during evenings and also quite comfortable for uncasual business meetings but I don't think it is a good way of bringing in money to add tissue and nuts to the bill without the guest even asking for it. The bowl with three assorted types of nuts might be nice but since the waiters always put it on the table as soon as you sit down why not just adding a few RMB to the drinks or sandwiches instead of charging for what would be much nicer to (at least pretend to) just treat the customer with. The staff was very friendly though and that somewhat balances the poor initiative made by the management.
- The rotating bar at the top floor looked nice but it was a bit surpricing to recognize half of the breakfast menu even in this night restaurant. My party ended up being almost thrown out at closing time (10 pm) after having had the staff running around the place for the last twenty minutes bringing food and plates away from tables and the serving counters. Even if they don't like to keep staff longer than necessary I think it is just common good manor to allow guests to feel that they are welcome until the place close. The lady who cleaned the floor also started to wipe well before ten o'clock and showed us the way around the newly wiped areas where she didn't want us to step. It could have been to avoid an accident due to the possibly slippery floor but it also added to the impresssion we had that we should have left half an hour earlier.
- I asked for help with a printout at the Business Centre and eventually managed to get it done by my own efforts and the benevolent help from the lovely Charlene that worked that evening. Sad though that the management doesn't put staff on duty in this position that can speak slightly better English. She did her best but as she had noone to turn to for assistance we just had to work it out on our own. A Business Centre where a foreign customer in fact is subject to the restrictions of a Chinese IT-environment is somewhat less than one would have hoped for at a five star hotel. 45 minutes, and in the end having to use the private qq-chat account of the staff (which she suggested her self) to get a handful of sheets printed is hardly acceptable.
I had in mind to approach the (obviously European or American looking) lady I saw at the Assistan Managers desk in the Lobby to tell her about my thoughts but once I had the time I couldn't see her. I think I will drop her a mail hoping she will be pleased and not take it bad.
Over all I still think it is a good place and I would certainly choose this hotel another time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shenzhen Baolilai International Hotel is a large-scale international business hotel construct ted with the standard of a premium five-star hotel and with the full investment from Baolilai Group. Covering a total land area of 25,000 square meters, and with the total construction area of over 110,000 square meters, the hotel has a fashionable and exalted appearance and integrated the modern and simple construction style. The hotel is located in the center of Fuyong Town in Bao'an District of Shenzhen, adjacent to the Town Hall of Fuyong, Wanfu Shopping Mall and Fuyong Bus Station and with Feng Huang Mountain in the opposite side. It's close to the No.107 National Road and Guangzhou-Shenzhen Highway and is only 5-mitune-drive away from Shenzhen International Airport, enjoying a convenient traffic system. The hotel has 502 luxurious rooms of various styles. The large-scale multi-functional banquet hall and conference rooms, Chinese restaurant, western restaurant, Japanese restaurant, supreme Cantonese cuisine restaurant, Cigar Bar, Lobby Bar and the revolving restaurant, etc., as well as the well-equipped health-keeping and recreation facilities such as the luxurious KTV night club, the super-large sauna water cure club and swimming pool, gym, chess and poker room, billiards room and tennis courts, etc. make the hotel an ideal choice for your recreation, business and conference activities. Baolilai International Hotel is the Nearest 5-Star Hotel from the Shenzhen Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Baolilai International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baolilai International Hotel(Fuyong) Hotel Shenzhen