“Outstanding Hotel”

JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen
Ranked #14 of 2,840 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed March 3, 2014

One of the best hotels in China that I have stayed. The free breakfast is outstanding both with American fare and Asian fare. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. It is very close to the train lines as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
JWMarriott_Shenzhen, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your appreciation on us, we are glad to know that our services are in line with your expectations. We are looking forward to your next visit and hope you come back soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is my 3rd Marriott Hotel I stayed at this month, Maybe the 20th in my lifetime. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW, I am always impressed with the quality of these hotels. The food is just out of this world and I wish I could live here in Shenzhen. This may be the best one yet. Can I be a resident haha. I must tell you try all the restaurants and then try and pick 1 to be the best or your favorite. I think you will have a problem deciding. Staff is highly trained and respectful . The room are huge and spotless A+++++++++ JW Marriott

Room Tip: None needed
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I spent a night with 3 families over a weekend. This is the hotel I love most in SZ. Luxury, friendly staff and far from noise. The staff is friendly. We had the dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Since we have 12 people, they helped to arrange a corner for us. Quite and spacious. The staff was very helpful to assist the kids. We han an enjoyable night. As expected, the room was excellent without issue.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Luxurious hotel, facilities in room are very nice, everything is high standard.

I had nothing to complain, it is a great hotel. --- But the Executive Lounge is closed at 21:30, seems little bit early.

Room Tip: room 2601 is a suite room, large, and at the corner, so there are windows on two sides, good view. B...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jianguo
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was so far the best stay I'd ever had within Mainland China. Two nights at the JW Marriott and I enjoyed every minute.

The hotel is on Shennan Avenue, which is the Broadway or Michigan Avenue of Shenzhen. While conveniently located, it is not noisy at all around the property because this part has a golf course and fine homes. Without hustle and dramatic prices (the JW Marriott is almost half the price of the Ritz or St Regis), the cabs will take you anywhere within 20 minutes (Kerry Center, MixC, or OCT).

The room is really spacious, the bed is very comfy, and the bathroom is outstanding with a deep soaking tub where you have a perfect view of outside park and the TV. You can control the curtain with the buttons next to your bed. They also give you an apple when you check in and some snack every day. Bottled water is also free. If you still need some late night snack, a 7-11 is next to the hotel back door.

WiFi is free and you can browse Twitter without any block. You don't need a VPN in the hotel.

I would definitely stay here in the future, and I recommend this hotel to everyone who visits Shenzhen.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights here, room is spacious with nice city view.
It takes 10 minutes walk to the MRT station.
Price is considerably cheap.
Staff spoken decent English which is a plus in China.
I had nothing to complain for this hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have a gold status but perhaps I am Chinese and dressed causal, I was told by a lady at the front desk that she gave me a room that is better than an upgrade, I returned for an upgrade and a Charles at the front desk wanted me to pay extra for an upgrade, when I said I shall write to Marriott about this, he conceded and gave me a room with a giant pillar next to the window. After moving into the room, I realized that the air conditioning wasn't working and was very stuffy, I called and was told that she will asking the front desk to find me another room, I wait more than half hour and nothing, I than called back telling whoever answered the phone to look for me at the executive lounge and that when things changed for the better, I met the most friendly and helpful Alexandra, the lounge manager, I told her what happened and immediately, she got me a most wonderful room and had my stuffs moved. I really appreciate her help making my trip so pleasant.

Room Tip: Do not get a room with a giant pillar.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends