JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen
$67
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,101 results
All reviewsthe executive loungechef clementgreat hotelgold membercorner roomlounge accessbusiness tripjapanese restaurantfitness centerfutian districtrain showerrooms are largebusiness travelerspecial thanksmainland chinawestern foodbreakfast buffet
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have been with them for a few years now and recently I cashed in my JW reward points for a weekend at the JW in SZ with my partner.

I must say although the complex was a little smaller and crowded than most of the other JWs I stayed at the service and room was WOW WOW WOW. They delievered on their platinum member deal with free upgrade of room, small gift parcel on arrival, and they made sure the staff knew my name on check in ( it was my first time to this JW and before I said anything they knew it was me - I still wonder how they do that)

On entering the room the decor was modern, bed was as usual comfy, shower facilities were good, curtains were good as well, could block out the sunlight entirely, and the view was not bad considering they upgraded my room.

If I had to complain about anything it would probably be the carpark was annoying because the spaces are quite tight.

For me, it's the little things that count and JW deliver this with absolute precision.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This was a good place to be and represents what all we tend to associate with China - opulence, size and splendour.

The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. The staff were certainly very friendly and helpful though a better understanding of English would have helped. This was one hotel where I could get vegetarian food without too much difficulty as compared to other Chinese cities - And to me this is a big positive! Being centrally located added to its attraction.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2011

This JW Marriott is quite recent and I always enjoy staying there. The rooms are really comfortable, the breakfast is incredible. Ultra design lobby. The best in Shenzhen?

Room Tip: ask for the corner rooms, much bigger.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Another great stay at a J.W. Marriott. We have never had an unacceptable stay at a Marriott property. A lovely hotel, elegant sleeping area, luxurious bathroom and wonderful amentities. We ate at the buffet and the whole lobsters were delicious as was everthing else. Some complained there wasn't much to do in the surrounding area. From my experience of living in China off and on for the last four years, the area was typically Chinese. A delightful experience in Shenzhen.

Room Tip: I request a high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kfransom
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This was an excellent choice for my business trip to Shenzhen. Upon arrival I was impressed with the beautiful lobby. Although there were only two employees working the front desk check in was swift and they were able to exchange money for me. I can imagine this might be a problem at peak times but for me it was not at all.

They upgraded me to a suite that was more than adequate for my needs. A comfortable front sitting room with a flat screen television and its own bathroom was very useful for business meetings in my room. A separate office area with plenty of power options at the large desk. I was unsure if my (US) plugs would work there but it was no problem. Glad to see they provided free (wireless and wired) Internet (for Marriott Rewards members - an easy sign up) rather than rip me off like so many other hotels do nowadays. A large walk in closet with a safe, kimonos, terrycloth robes, and slippers provided. A comfortable bedroom with plenty of lighting options and a nice view. And one of the better bathrooms that I have found - a waterfall shower, large bathtub, good lighting and well-stocked with high quality bathroom amenities.

The service was quite good there, with friendly bellstaff and efficient housekeeping, all with decent English language skills. The breakfast buffet seemed exquisite, wish that I had had more time for a leisurely breakfast while there. I had some of the dim sum and would have gladly gone back for seconds (and thirds) if I could. Also plenty of choices for breads, rolls, and the range of western-style, Chinese and Japanese style breakfast options that you find at upscale hotels in Asia.

The only downsides I found were: 1) location was quite a drive from the area where most of my business meetings were held. It is the custom for hosts to send a car for me but it added quite a bit to my day to have to sit in traffic. Nothing that the hotel can do about it though! and 2) the Chinese restaurant wasn't that great. I hosted a dinner there for customers and suppliers and although it seemed OK to the Chinese palates that were there, most of the Westerners weren't thrilled with the taste (mind you I am generally quite experimental with my food choices and have enjoyed many exquisite "local flavor" meals in China in the past.)

Room Tip: See if they'll upgrade you to a suite.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business