Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$204
$81
$74
  • Restaurant
1,320 results
All reviewshorizon clubcafe zenwalk in wardrobegolden circlecoco parklobby loungebusiness tripexcellent stayshangri la shenzhenexcellent hotellate checkhouse keepingbreakfast buffetfavorite hotelbusiness districtenjoyed my staybusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Really classy hotel but it was crowded when I stayed in early Dec 2014. We arrived quite late but was quickly checked in which we really appreciate. My bags arrived promptly and soon after a welcome fruit platter was sent in. The hotel staff are very attentive and efficient.

Breakfast was challenging because there were so many guests. There were plenty of selection but I love the green tea buns the most.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aieaie
Fiona Y, Director of Communications at Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear aieaie,

Thank you for your stay at Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen. We appreciate your recommendation to our hotel and your compliments will motivate us to continuously provide the best service to all guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

What an mazing experience of stay. I stayed 5 days for the very 1st time. Except the language barrier (which I think problem for entire China) the service was too good! We're big group for a conference there and I found all the rooms are big and ameneties are total price worth. They really got an exclusive collection of breakfast which will make you defiantely confuse what to have and what not to have.
This is surely one of the best hotels I visited till now!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better view of city at night!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Fiona Y, Director of Communications at Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Munmun R,

Thank you for your stay at Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen. We appreciate your compliments to our service, room, amenities and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

What a beautiful hotel experience! We were staying on the Horizon Club level and my partner is a regular at this hotel, but it was my first time in China. I got in a few days after my partner and on my arrival there was a complementary bottle of Australian wine and rose petals layer out in a heart shape with a lovely greeting note… from management. At first I thought it was my man being romantic, but no - its as Shangri-La staff (he’s still in trouble) ;)

Room: Beautiful decor, opulent , but very tasteful fit out. Not the largest of room, but quite a generous layout with a separate lobby-esque area, a walk in wardrobe and a large bathroom.
Amenities: Along with standard kits, it also has a proper loofa, good quality hair tie ( i know only use those for my hair everyday). Horizon Club guests get a special beauty products by French house L’Occitain, but even their generic ones are nice.

In Room / Lounge Dining - we were having buffet in the execute lounge for both breaky and dinner snack - AMAZING! Best deserts I’ve ever seen and eaten in my life (and I’ve tried quite a few all around the world) The patissier was actually French!

Restaurant buffet - not so good. Generic choices, lots of seafood, but everything is miniature size and seemed a bit bland. Desert display is however is denominal and that’s what gets people to come in. Again - deserts are AMAZING!

Greats (Golden Circle Jade):

- Large rooms with make up mirror table and chair
- Amenities, complete with L’occitan beauty products, hair tie, loofa
- Breakfast and afternoon tea at Horizon Club
- Deserts (try dark chocolate, passionfruit chilli cake)
- Fit-outs
- AAA Service
- Close to Shopping Centre

Not so greats:

- Restaurants in the hotels are unite expensive for what they are
- Seafood Buffet - small selection of sushi, cray fish is tiny, meats are very average.

Overall: 4.5/5 - One of the best hotels I’ve been too

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Fiona Y, Director of Communications at Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Miss Fai,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share details of your stay experience with us. We appreciate your complements on our room, amenities, Horizon Club and Golden Circle benefits. Regarding the buffet, we already shared your comments with related departments and we will continue work on how to improve that. Once again thank you so much for your comments to us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed here again for the second time for 5 days in November 2013, stayed in a horizon club double room. The room was very clean and a good size, the bed was very comfortable and had a good sleep every night. The bathroom was again a good size very clean and upto date and well stocked, my only gripe is I travel with just a cabin bag so have no real wash kit and they have moved away from l'occitaine to their own Shangri-La shower stuff which really is terrible quality! The room service is quite fast and of good quality and always very friendly and is available all through the night as i found when i had to work a full 24 hour day. House keeping was very efficient and always left little messages to see if there was anything else i wanted/needed and if a reply was left it was actioned. The club lounge is very clean and comfortable and the food quality is very good for breakfast and afternoon tea. The staff in the lounge were very good apart from one woman whom just loved to stand and talk to a couple every morning and afternoon. Bearing in mind i was visiting many places in Shenzhen i could not comment on location as i was all over the place but overall the hotel is first class. I will be there again soon I am sure.

Room Tip: Horizion club rooms are nice and very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Fiona Y, Director of Communications at Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear BeachHunter_8,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your stay at Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen. We appreciate your compliments on our facilities and service. Thank you again for your detailed feedback to your stay experience, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed for the first time at the Futian Shangri-La last week. Every part of the experience was top-notch from check-in to check out. The staff were all polite, well-trained, and friendly. The hotel facilities were beautiful. I was given an upgrade at check-in to a bigger room. The sports gym was very nice with tons of equipment... The room service was timely and correct... the breakfast buffet looked awesome though I had no time to eat... they still allowed me to run in and grab some fruit on my way out. Thanks to Futian Shangri-La staff for a nice stay!

If I could give 2 areas for improvement:
1. The whole hotel was quite warm and there was no way to turn on A/C in the room....just heating. I know this is standard for Asia in the winter they only have heating, but for us warm-blooded westerners... you may want to think about it.

2. The lowest rate room for 1 night was about $250 per night plus tax plus service fees... this is higher than the Shangri-La hotel in LuoHu... and there is really nothing around Futian... so seems a bit pricey... likely myc ompany won't allow me to stay there each time, but it is very nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Fiona Y, Director of Communications at Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear blandmc,

Thank you for taking your time to share your stay at Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen, we appreciate your compliments to our facilities and restaurant service. Regarding the A/C in the room, I am sure our housekeeping colleagues will be very pleased to fix it during your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.