This was my second stay. Both times I spent longer times there (4 nights during last stay), so can reasonably be sure of what the hotel offers.
First the good. Front desk Staff has a reasonable understanding of English. Rooms are reasonably cleaned. Quiet location (if facing ugly looking back view). Great location a block away from main drag and with many restaurants around (McDonald's serving wimpy, stale french fries is right across the street).
Now the not so good stuff.
Breakfast is just lousy and often hot items are kept way (and I mean WAY) off the required 60 deg. C. Coffee is as ugly as the one served in most Holiday Inn Express hotels in States or Canada (but it is strong at least).
In-room cleanliness is done on a shoestring. Carpets show signs of stains but are not steam cleaned. Caulking around sinks shows mold, yet is not replaced (poor ventilation, so take air freshner with you, if you do not want others to examine what you ate the day before, if you need to use toilet)
Need to say something about the quality of sleep. Seldom that I slept on a harder mattress at IHG branded hotels. By the fourth night it really took a toll on quality of my sleep (not mentioning that first night was an all night tossing affair too). They need to discover mattress toppers at this hotel.
The worst is the Internet. I was connected to their wired service in my 18th floor room and that was was going on and off. Wireless on my iPad or iPhone was constantly buffering. Only place with decent wireless was at their 2nd floor breakfast room or in the Lobby. Better connection starts past 11 pm. It is scandalous in this time and age. So, be pre-warned if you expect to connect efficiently with your home office. No improvement has been done since my last visit at the beginning of November of 2013. They just do not care about it (maybe IHG can do something?).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arriving at Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen Luohu is easy. We're just 38km from Shenzhen International Airport and 3km from Luohu train station. Our modern high-rise hotel is also close to Dajuyuan metro station, where trains speed you to the Central Business District in just 10 minutes. Complimentary wireless Internet in your stylish Guest room keeps you connected.Invite colleagues to Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen Luohu for a conference in our high-tech meeting room. You can print agendas and check email in the 24-hour self-service Business Centre, and it's just 4 metro stops to events at Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Centre. Train services from Luohu station take just 1 hour to reach Hong Kong.It's 3.5km from the hotel to buzzing Huaqiangbei, the place to shop for the very latest in computer and electronic gadgetry. Pick up stylish outfits and leather handbags in huge MixC Shopping Mall, one of the biggest in China, or hop in a taxi to haggle for bargains in the shoppers' paradise of Dongmen district and Luohu Commercial City.Chinese congee porridge is served alongside western choices like poached eggs and toast at Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen Luohu 's complimentary breakfast buffet. Relax on the sofas in our vibrant Great Room, and enjoy a beer with friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen Luohu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Luohu Shenzhen Hotel Shenzhen
- Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen
- Holiday Inn Shenzhen