Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,055 results
All reviews stayed at the holiday inn business trip convenient location luohu station mtr
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Last week, I booked and received cfm for 2 rooms City view non-smoking for 12Dec-14Dec 2012 from its hotel website on Advance Booking offer @CNY336.70 for a total price of CNY1346.80 before taxes. The reservation indicated that NO deposit or advanced purchase is required and promised that the rooms will be held till 6pm on 12 Dec 2012..

I got a rude shock when I check my reservation today that the same confirmation has been reduced to 1 room only @total price of CNY774.42 by the hotel without any notice!

Don't understand how could such a reputable hotel chain do this to its own room reservation system. It is totally unprofessional and unacceptable. Do be careful when you book direct with Holiday Inn...

Frustrated,I have now booked a better hotel (I think) at similar rate, the Sunon Holiday Villa at DongMen, through agoda.com after reading fave reviews about its more strategic location in tripadvisor forum.

And a big thank you to all fellow travellers who had contributed to hotel reviews on Tripadvisor. Your reviews had helped me decide on a suitable replacement hotel promptly!

p.s. Have not travelled out yet at this point of review submission.

Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
8  Thank astro88
SZXLH, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen Luohu, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear your finding on the rates, but we're going to clairify taht: 1. Once your room booking is confirmed on the Holiday Inn Express official website, you will see an 8-digit confirmation number on screen; 2. A formal confirmation letter will send to your mailbox via email; 3. Confirmed reservation is guaranteed under the stated cancellation policy, confirmed room rates would not be changed also.

We would like you to contact us at reservation@hiexsz.com to provide us more details to help you to book a room with desired rates and may help us to rectify any mistake of the website.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is good, clean and staff are friendly. People speak English with is a big plus in China! The location is awesome. Very central, close to subways, food, McDonalds etc. The AC doesn't work well in this hotel. Looks like a standard cost cutting practice at Holiday Inn. It just doesn't go below 24C. Taxi drivers know where this place is. Take the hotel card with you when you go out. Reception staff are very very helpful.

Here's something to watch out for:
There's a pimp who approached us every time we came back from work saying "miss miss,.... miss miss" Annoying! I mean, really!? if we wanted to we could have walked down the street into the red light area and got our own! But who in their right mind would want this around your hotel?

If you're adventerous enough, go to the redlight area across the road. Not your usual kind of place where women sell themselves... its clean, super safe even at 3am and it even has kids and families walking around like its at anyother part of town.

Room tip: Stay on a higher floor.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank AjayKamat
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Not far away the threatre MTR station,many choice restaurant around the area,the room package include 2 buffet breakfast, JKMall just 5-10 mins walk and famous new St Regis hotel just next to it. We will come back for next visit.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good hotel, located in a good place.
Breakfast included, altough the western options are just few.
Good room, with free wifi.
There is a McDonnalds in same corner.
15-20 minutes to nearest subway station.
Taxi always in the front.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My rating on this hotel is 3.7. The overall value is much higher than this.

First, the hotel can be a bit tricky to find as it is not right on the major street, although the taxi drivers seemed to have no problems (out of more than 10 trips), It is nice, clean, and neat satisfying the Holiday Inn Express global standards. This was the second time staying in this hotel after I started using Holiday Inn Express as my primary stay when I don't have to stay in hotels where my meetings are held. The feeling is the same even though my last stay was a year ago.

The best way to get to this hotel is by taxi, although there is a Subway station (Grand Theater - direct translation from "Da-Ju-Yuan") about 25 minutes walk away. I tried it a couple of times and while it is OK in the morning, it could be brutal in the hot and humid afternoon.

You will find me repeat most of the following in my review on HIE as, after three continuous stays in two countries and three HIE hotels, I am satisfied with the consistent quality. The room is neat and clean. If you are a person need good amenities, this is not your hotel. The room follows typical Holiday Inn Express standard: Shower, clean bed(s), hair dryer, desk, TV, free internet, telephone, tooth brushes, combs, shower gel and shampoo/conditioner are mounted on the wall of shower room, in-room AC control. Basic stuff, neat and clean. The room may be a bit smaller than normal US hotels, but it is good size for four-or five-days stay. In this hotel, it even provides a small refrigerator, which comes in handy in the hot Shenzhen summer. I did not see the refrigerator while I stay in Shangdi in Beijing.

Breakfast, simple Chinese and Continental, is provided and included in the room rate. You can also order lunch (and maybe dinner, I did not try) for about 30-40 Yuan RMB. Limited selection, but it is OK if you are not picky. You can get soft drinks on the "Lounge" in second floor. I don't remember they have alcoholic beverages (probably not). The sign said a "Convenient Store" on first floor; however, when I asked the front desk clerk, they pointed to a vending machine at the corner. There are a bunch of stores and restaurants outside the hotel, though (yes, with one McDonald's nearby as well).

There are washer and dryer in the "Laundry Room" but I did not try. You need to get the tokens (one for washer and one for dryer) from the front desk. There are detergents in the Laundry room but a lady doing the laundry told me you need to get a softener yourself. You an send for dry clean or launder as well.

There are a couple of things you might want to bear in mind to make your stay easier. First, the traffic condition in Shenzhen is getting more challenging during rush hours and you may have difficulty finding a taxi in the morning during rush hour. That means it is better you can have arranged transportation or using the Subway. Secondly, there is street in parallel with the hotel street (not the main street) with a lot of restaurants and shops. The shopping more is near the Subway station area but I did not have time to check it out. Also, there are a few mega department stores accessible by Subway in Shenzhen.

One thing worth mentioning is that the English capability from the front desk people are better than the ones in Beijing and, like the ones in Beijing, the front desk people are trying their best to be as helpful as possible. As always, if you find difficulty communicating with them, you can try to find a bilingual guest, which is not difficult to find as most of the tenants are business travelers like yours truly, to help you. Don't get frustrated ;-).

Date of stay: July 2012