See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Position is pretty good for people who needs to work in Longgang but with a perfect connection by metro with Shenzhen downtown. The only one complain I have is test the hotel is not international. No west style food and people in the reception barely speak english. Unfortunately is not a small issue.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip through China. This hotel was arranged by a company I was visiting, as it's close to their facility. We arrived quite late at night and left early the next morning, so we did not have much time here. It's rated as a four-star, but I would give it only 3 stars at the most. The place feels like it has seen better days, and really needs a refurbishing in the public areas. The air conditioning in the room was rather hard to adjust. Most hotels in China have the temperature set way too cold, and the only way I can get a comfortable temperature in most of them is to turn the unit off. The breakfast was nothing special, with poor variety and average food quality at best.
I don't know for sure what else goes on here, but there is a KTV and a nightclub in the hotel if you want some entertainment.
I would look for another hotel before I stayed here again.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I've been staying here for the past 6 years whenever I visit my factory. This trip, the room was extremely warm... even after turning to 10 degrees cool mode and high fan power. I couldn't sleep at until 3am, I couldn't take it anymore. So I called the front desk to ask tell them about the problem. The lady replied me she was feeling cold at the reception. I told her it's my room that is warm, and why she replied that way??? Then she put me to another lady who said they will send someone to check for me. Half an hour later I had to call again to ask if someone was coming up... after one hour, I had to call again to ask for some service! So finally they sent someone up to my room after one hour of waiting, the male staff couldn't do anything, he even put to 'warm' mode even after telling him warm means 热 in Chinese. Then he said it's like that, he can't do anything.

After he left, I called the front desk again, this time they told me that all rooms do not have aircon and heater... So I told them off saying I've been in and out this hotel for the past 6 years and now you're telling me there is no aircon and heater? 4 star hotel, no aircon and heater? Even a motel has aircon! I told her to give me a solution, she asked me to go to another room and check the aircon myself... I told her, it's their job to check it for me then I'll move my butt. She replied in Chinese, "Sorry we can't do that because you don't believe me when I told you there is no aircon and heater in the hotel." I was really mad with such stupidity that I had to raise my voice and said I will complain all the way to the big boss. After which, she told me she will check with maintenance and call me back in 10mins.

After 10 mins, she called and informed me that the maintenance has just turned on the aircon and I would feel it after a while. So now I'm typing this, finally with aircon, wondering why a 4 star hotel would save on electricity to make their guests uncomfortable and why the front desk and bell boy are not properly trained!

Date of stay: February 2011
3  Thank BigRoySG
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Although we only stayed one night it was spacious, clean, and had everything we needed. The beds are very hard, but this is quite common throughout China and I believe you can request to have extra cushion placed on top of the mattress.
The breakfast was reasonable and we had lunch in one of the private rooms in a restaurant upstairs (I don't remember the floor) which was delicious.

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank bhmb
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Sandborg hotel is a four-star deluxe hotel built on 19 floors, and is perfectly located in the very center of LongGang district, beside ShenHui road. It is close to the main highways, such as JiHe Road and ShuiGuan Road. It has a short distance to the train station and HongKong airport, It takes only 45 minutes by bus to the BaoAn airport.
The hotel is elegantly furnished with a combination of classic and modern European style.

Date of stay: September 2009