All reviews hotel image perfect location budget hotel metro xin taxi mandarin shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This great hotel offer you a very convenient location for shopper.It's in the heart of Dongmen. walking shopping area and the Metro, just next to your doorstep.Booked through agoda.
Service is excellent , clean normal size room.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank minnnara
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Booked thru Booking.com and stayed here for 4 days.

Checked in was fast and efficient, and counter staff and bell boys are very friendly.

For guests who find the staff rude, perhaps they only speak and understood mandarin and not english.

Best option of getting from metro to the hotel is to use exit D which have the handicapped lift .
Both lift and escalator managed by metro, so it i sin working condition.

Once up on the escalator to the road level, on the left is rundown looking Day Inns hotel, and Sunon Holiday Villa is just behind the hotel. When facing the Day Inns, turn left & walk left towards the mall and it is easier to get around to the hotel.

Don't use other exits if you have luggages, as it is like going thru a maze, need going thru shopping centres and most escalators are either malfunction or going downwards. Furthermore, shopping centres only only open at 10am.

My room comes with breakfast, and I truly enjoyed them. Some hot dishes are changed everyday.

As I had requested for a superior room with window, understand that there are not many superior rooms with windows. So I didnt complaint when they gave me a smoking room with window but the room was large.

Bed was comfortable for my sleep, room was clean and also very clean toilet with glass panel as wall.

Only discomfort is that aircon do have smoke smell coming out? Need to open my window to air when I go out of the room

The internet access is free but quite slow. The management need to improve on it.

Eateries and shopping malls is everywhere, so it is really convenient to shop till I drop.
Laojie metro station is also well connected to many places, so travelling around is a bliss.

Overall, I am very pleased with my stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Julie C
Reviewed April 22, 2012

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Situated opposite exit “F” at Laojie metro staion, and right in the heart of Dongman shopping area, this hotel is certainly very convenient. We were first given a room on the 5th floor which was being refurbished and the stench of glue was enough to give anyone a high and a headache. The shower in the room did not function either, so we asked reception if we could change rooms. The reception staff really speak no English, and it was only the intervention of a manager who spoke just a few words of English that allowed us to change room. The beds in our first room, and also in our second room were extremely hard, even by Asian standards. I asked the manager if he could arrange for an additional duvet to put on top of the mattress to soften it, and he said he would. However, when it failed to arrive, and given the lack of understanding of English with the staff, I wrote my request in English on my laptop and translated it with Google. I took my laptop to reception and showed it to the girl who finally understood what I wanted. Her reply was a strong refusal, to the point of rudeness.

Apart from the beds, the room was ok, aircon, coffee facilities, wired internet connection and plenty hot water in the glass walled bathroom. You could hear the police sirens quite loudly as they wailed through the town in the evening and night. Breakfast for Westerners was just ok, cereal, eggs cooked to order and strange toasted bread and strange tasting jam. I did not try the coffee.

If you want a hotel near the shopping, and you really like a hard bed and rude staff, this hotel might suit you.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank BenArkle
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights 3 days. Booked through Agoda and check-in was hassle-free. Breakfast was just so-so. Not much of a variety. Room was great as I had requested for a double bed! Able to fit 3 person without any problem! Its huge and very comfortable though it's slightly hard. Toilet was average. They do provide all the toiletries. However, the toilet glass from the bed view are matte. Therefore it is still slightly visible although blurry so it's not suitable for shy person. Location is superb! It is walking distance from Lao Jie MRT and also walking distance to Dong Men Shopping paradise. Nearby you may also find a lot of eateries which is open from early morning till midnight about 1am. It is a great location as you can find everything in this area from shopping, massage, eating and also it's near to the MRT. No free wifi provided. There are 2 laptops at the lobby for free use. Some staff are quite friendly as they introduced us to have some nearby food which is good and their specialty. Will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: March 2012