Junhua Haiyi Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Long Hu Hotel(Shantou)
Happy Hotel(Shantou)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast buffetrooms are greatbusiness stayfor saleegg stationabove averagegymfacilitieschinareceptionistcarpetsmokektvprivacyface
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel is quote good for china standard, not he best by any means, but the best for the area, and also the best for the area including Chaozhou, but its an hour away from the airport now that its been relocated, but still the better option, would recommend,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelbradBrisbane
Rodney_Khoo, General Manager at Junhua Haiyi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Mr. TravelbradBrisbane,

We are happy that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for making Meritus Shantou the hotel of your choice and we look forward to welcome you home on your next visit to Shantou

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here along with a colleague on business for 4 nights and had a very relaxing stay.

The rooms were spacious and the bathroom was well fitted out, the food was good my colleague particularly enjoyed the omelettes for breakfast. We also enjoyed a few drinks in the bar which in my opinion was modern.

The only downside was the food and drinks were probably the most expensive compared to other hotels I stayed in China however would not this stop me going back to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Rodney_Khoo, General Manager at Junhua Haiyi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear DoubleA_8

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Good sized clean bedrooms, staff friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast fine, wifi reliable and free, public areas typicaly extragavant but very well kept,I would recommend for a business stay. We had food in the bar area as it was late and the staff were happy to produce a very good plate of hot food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Rodney_Khoo, General Manager at Junhua Haiyi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Lan G,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The reception is clean and extravagant, with a giant lit-up Christmas tree, and the reception is efficient and nice, even smiling (smiling reception desk staff seem hard to come by in China.)

The room was spacious, offering a tub and a separate shower, a King-sized bed, a lounging chair, and a business desk. Everything was clean and fresh. There was not a hint of cigarette smoke in my non-smoking room. The internet was free and worked. They had robes for that luxurious, I'm-in-a-five-star-Hotel feeling, and even offered the sale of robes, towels and other Meritus-quality goods.

A good stay, quite happy with everything.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Rodney_Khoo, General Manager at Junhua Haiyi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Mr. Setek

We are happy that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

We appreciate your compliments on the hotel especially that of the smiling staff at the reception desk on your arrival and shall communicate your delight to them. The giant lit-up Christmas tree was the work of the staff and we are glad that it has created an impact.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

First of all, this hotel is located in a convenient location and is relatively well kept. The hotel restaurants have room for improvement and the lack of soundproofing in the room can be annoying if the hotel is fully occupied. Despite this, service levels are fairly acceptable, and I am familiar with the Meritus brand in Singapore, which is why I almost always choose this hotel when I visit Shantou.
However, I an unpleasant experience during my recent stay that may have more to do with hotel policy that their staff. There was some colour transfer from one of my clothing items to one of their hand towels (all they really needed was some bleach to take care of it) and housekeeping insisted that we reimburse the hotel or that we wash the towel ourselves. While I’m not one to bicker about such trivial matters with hotel staff, this does portray the hotel as a little too overzealous about their room inventory to bother about providing good customer service. Bearing in mind that this hotel has a supposed 5-star rating, I was rather taken aback by this proposition.
Therefore, I suggest caution to all those thinking of staying in this hotel. You might just have to pay for pressing your own bed linen in the future if you crease it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank p_t_pt12
Rodney_Khoo, General Manager at Junhua Haiyi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear p_t_pt12,

Thank you for your posting and comments

We are indeed sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident on your last stay with us.

You are right to point out that the hotel could have been a little too over zealous in dealing with the incident and thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

We will take the necessary corrective action to address the matter and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We look forward to your next visit to welcome you home again at Meritus Shantou