Hotels.com
Trip.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were on a tour. The room are well furnished, clean and reasonable size. Free fruit and beverage everyday. There is a tea set to make Teachew Kungfu tea. I got to practice making the tea after attending a tea demo at a tea house. Our LCD TV got upsized during our stay, part of their regular renovation and upgrading I guess. Breakfast is a good spread dishes for teochew porridge. Service is almost nil! The food are all laid out but if you need anything like cutlery or when sugar or milk runs out, there are not waiter around. And the food is ok but isn't that great tasting. I mean roadside food would have tasted better. Front office personnel are polite.

Date of stay: May 2012
3  Thank dogcom
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Happy Hotel gives great added values without being asked. If you speak mandarin or local dialect you will definitely enjoy a happy stay. I read the reviews in Tripsadvers and tried it myself with my family on 10 to 11 May 2012 and I must agreed with the very helpful reviews stated by the quests of Happy Hotel.

Room tip: Rooms facing the main road in the main block
Date of stay: May 2012
5  Thank Chiasl
Reviewed April 26, 2012

3rd visit in 2 years for 4 nites in main building. Room recently renovated with new and good quality furniture. A desktop in room was new addition and a big plus. Food not much changed but is good in both range and quality. Staff were friendly and helpful, all of them in the different departments. Foot and traditional chinese massage is added attraction and of good quality. With added attractions and basically no increase in rates, it is incredible. Only drawback is lack of gym for workout - needed after heavy meals.

Room tip: Higher flloor facing main road for better view
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank PhangSingapore
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Travelling with family and stayed at Happy Hotel ( 金乐酒店,汕头) from 19-21 Apr 2012 and we were all satisfied with the hotel overall. Apart from some hiccup when we try to check in earlier (i.e long waiting time at the reception), the staff were generally helpful. The hotel offer good value given the freebies thrown in (i.e 4 free meals a day at Cafe Venice, free internet access with PCs in the room, coffee,tea, water beside the usual toiletries). Standard rooms are clean and bright. There is a big massage parlour located within hotel that's open from 12 pm till 6 am, so one can go for foot reflexology after a day of sightseeing.

Date of stay: April 2012
6  Thank WuMinSi
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This was my first trip to Shantou and I booked the hotel based on the reviews I found on the internet. Overall it is a standard hotel and nothing was completely wrong, but I expected a bit more. I had a deluxe room in the new block. But this is already outdated and the room quality was below average. The overall impression was not clean and old. I stayed in many hotels in China on the same price level in different cities similar Shantou, but this one cannot compete with others from my point of view, especially if I also consider the standard rates. Checkin was also not that smooth. No enlgish speaking staff at the day of my checkin. I wish I had a better impression, but for me it was a disappointing stay.

Date of stay: April 2012