“Enjoy the Silver Beach Hotel in Huizhou...I did!”

Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel
Ranked #171 of 418 Hotels in Huizhou
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently enjoyed a 2-night stay the Silver Beach Hotel in Huizhou. The hotel car picked me up at the Shenzhen airport and whisked me to the front door of the hotel in a little over an hour.

On arrival I was greeted by enthusiastic, English-speaking staff who escorted me to a rapid check-in experience and then to my room. What a view from the wrap-around outer deck! And the room itself was very luxurious.

Things I especially enjoyed:
- The sound of the waves on the beach at night while falling asleep
- The superb Chinese food, cooked to perfection.
- The live entertainment in the pub...this really surprised me
- The impeccable friendly service from all the staff...
- The coffee was fantastic
- Relaxing on the deck outside my room with a full view of the blue sky and ocean

I am looking forward to another visit to this place soon. Thanks to everyone at the Silver Beach Hotel who made my stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room if one is available. They are fantastic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank phenry999
Leon J L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

My team enjoyed serving you, and remembered you as gentlemanly and humorous, I am happy that you had a good relaxing and comfortable stay. You are right, the idea when one gets here is to hear the waves and relax, leaving one's city pressures back home. Of course eating great Hakka food and Hakka seafood are just added bonuses. And boy, is the local restaurant food teasonanbly priced! I love it here.

Please return with your family.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I travelled a lot on business in China and stayed at many hotels. Last week, I stayed at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel in Huizhou - a small city in Guangdong. The hotel is a beautiful beach resort. I loved the setting of the bar, it also has very good selection of single malt whisky. The breakfast is great, I like the selection of dim sums and the steam bun. I'd also like to mention the general manager of the hotel. The general manager has worked in many hotels in China and Asia. I had the pleasure stayed at a few hotels he managed. He turned each bar in a hotel a very popular place to hang out in that area. The bell boy has cute uniform that fits the surrounding, I can see that the general manager puts a lots of thougt to it. The service in the front office and at the door is great and very thoughtful. I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Leon J L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Kathy F
Wow! You have energized all my employees to serve guests better as they have been encouraged by your gracious and enthusiastic remarks. A personal thank you for going out of your way to stay at our hotel as there are so many competitors you could have stayed with in the greater Shenzhen area. Do come back again when the weather improves. It is peaceful and serene now when the waves lap the shore, it is absolutely gorgeous when it is sunny.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

As an American traveling throughout Asia, it was refreshing to arrive at this resort where I was greeted with a smile by an attentive English speaking doorman that guided me to the checkin counter with ease. Everyone working at this property seemed to have one goal in mind...."to make my stay the best that it could possibly be." This attentive service coupled with fantastic hotel amenities such as the lagoon pool, beach, bar street, large guest rooms with views to the beach and lush tropical landscaping made this resort live up to it's five star rating. This is a place to bring the whole family!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Leon J L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your uplifting comments. We have a system to convey every guest's comments, both positive and suggestions to every employee.

Trust us to continuously improve both the hardware and our services.

Please return soon.

Leon J Lee

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've spent 2 days here with my wife during national day holiday.

The hotel is perfect place for couples and family during weekend or for short vacation, with beautiful beach and great ocean view it was a indeed the one for vacation.
All I need is there, beach, out door pool, food street and jazz music live band was impressed me the another night.
The hotel is actually huge and probably host a few hundred clients, during the day it's not crowded, the beach and swimming pool are very well conceived and dispersed within a woderful garden, so there is no confusion.

Rooms are spacious and of many kinds, large sun terrance amazing. I occupied a ocean suite room.
Chinese Restaurants, very good, good service and good meal.

Overall experience very satisying, it's very value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms are beach front with great ocean view, higher floors for sure will be better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your encouraging comments, It is always wonderful to hear positive feedback, We pledges to continuously improve our services and hardware. Our employees already have positive attitudes, and love giving service to our guests. This a rare attribute in any employee.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Want to give yourself and your loved ones a short break from the urban life or organize a business conference/meeting somewhere in the Pearl River Delta? You can consider the Country Garden Sliver Beach Hotel and immerse yourself in a modern hotel located in a beautiful and pristine ten miles beach setting. It has great sea view from the balcony of my room, relaxing with the sound the ocean. Occasionally, the beach music was too loud that I could not hear the waves, otherwise I would think I am in a paradise.

Friendly staff and excellent service. Never thought I could find something like this in Guangdong.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your valuable comments. We promise to do more of what you liked about this hotel, and do away with what made your stay uncomfortable. For example, the noisy background music which covered the sound of the ocean waves was a negative factor. This will be discontinued, I promise. please do return for another visit. This hotel will just get better and better.

I promise,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I visited this hotel/resort in late October of 2012. It just recently opened and so has a few quirks to work out. The location is quite beautiful with a wonderful sandy beach. The water is very accessible at high or low tide since there is a gradual sloping to it. The facilities are all first class. Our room and deck was enormous for a standard room plus it had a huge soaking tub. We heard first rate talent at the jazz bar - singers and piano - in a warm and intimate setting. They had the sound system set at just the right level - comfortable to the ear and still able to hear the person next to you. The staff were all very friendly and accomodating but are still learning their jobs as there was some uneveness in their skills.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Seattle Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging and gracious comments.

Yes, we do have, have "........a few quirks to work out" . We are continuously training so that the service will become consistently good. As a seasoned hotelier I am happy that the attitudes of the hotel's local staff is both enthusiastic and positive. It is my and my team's job to instill in every employee the knowledge and skills of premium service. This I promise to do diligently.

I hope you will return to an improved hotel in every sense of the word.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went to the hotel for a big birthday party of a dear friend. Although the hotel was newly opened, and we still saw some construction going on behind the hotel, but once we got to the beach, we were in a totally different world. We loved it! The room we stayed was facing the ocean where we could see the sun going down and listen to the sound of the ocean. It was just so beautiful and added so much value to our two days stay.

The food was surprisingly good! We thought the hotel is far away from big cities, we did not expect great cooking in this new and distant hotel. But we were wrong entirely. We enjoyed the food and all the services provided by the staff.

Staff working in the hotel were well trained. They were very pleasant and smiled whenever they met us. It is like a home.

We will go back for sure, to enjoy that very special feeling that the hotel and the ocean gave us. We like to thank the hotel staff and the management team.

Harvey

Room Tip: The one room at right side, the very far end of the floor would be the best choice. The view is spec...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
86752-8366666, Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Harvey,
Thank you for your gracious comments.I will certainly tell my staff that their service and attitude were conducive to premium service and made your stay pleasant.This is a point we constantly drive home.It is very nice to hear from a happy guest.

I trust you will return as we open more outlets,such as an early American Ice Cream Shoppefeaturing a menu of traditional and new ice cream presentations.
Again,thank you for your uplifting comments.

Leon J.Lee