“Fantastic hotel”

Renaissance Huizhou Hotel
Ranked #2 of 415 Hotels in Huizhou
Reviewed April 13, 2014

In the past year, we have stayed in this hotel a few times. Being a repeated customer, I always find this hotel superb and relaxing. Modern hotel, room with beautiful view, comfortable bed, good facilities, nice food at reasonable price, five minutes walk to a big shopping mall, and most of all, a team of excellent staff who always try to make our stay comfortable by going the extra mile. Although I can not remember his name, there was a male staff at the reception who was so courteous and friendly, and a lady called Sophie at the club lounge who was so thoughtful and went beyond to serve. I have stayed in many hotels in the world, this hotel is one of the best.

Room Tip: All rooms are located above 29/F, so all have good views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SHH_Chan
Julian_Wong, General Manager at Renaissance Huizhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear SHH_Chan,

Warm greetings from the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel, PRC!

Thank you very much for sharing your great feedbacks on your recent stay experience with us and also, thank you very much for being a loyal and repeated guest of ours!

I'm truly delighted to hear that you always find our Hotel superb and relaxing and thank you very much for your positive comments in regard to our contemporarily designed rooms, great all around view, comfortable bedding and good facilities! I noted too and shared with my F & B Team, your positive remarks on our food quality which is being reasonably priced, beside being conveniently located within walkiing distance to THE Mall in Huizhou - Hua Mao Shopping Mall!

Most of all, I am extremely happy and proud to hear that my Operational Team was able to provide you with a great stay experience with us by walking the extra mile, genuine in service delivery! This is very important to us as we strive to continually improve our guest stay experience and your positive feedbacks indicate that we are heading towards the right track!

I also noted, shared and personally thanked Jerry, Reception Manager and Sophia, Club Lounge Supervisor, relative to your special recognition of them and we are all motivated, energized to hear from you that we rank high in your list of good hotels to stay!

I hope to personally meet you when you come to Huizhou again and stay with us in the near future and I take note of your preference for a room with a great view!

Once again, thank you very much and I look forward to welcoming you once again to the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were staying elsewhere and after having dinner here, we moved hotels. The place is very modern with high ceilings and fabulous design especially if you upgrade to the executive floor as the club lounge is amazing. The restaurant buffet caters for all tastes including a really great Western breakfast - they even have a proper coffee machine. The Japanese restaurant was excellent too. Most of all the staff were superb, yes there can be a language barrier sometimes but they are always trying to please the guests especially the club lounge staff and the chefs.
We were also very pleased to take the bikes for a ride along the lakeside path - really nice experience.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the executive club floor is worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Julian_Wong, General Manager at Renaissance Huizhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear PHOAustralia,

Warm greetings from the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel, PRC!

Thank you very much for taking time to provide us with your invaluable feedbacks in regard to your recent stay experience with us!

I'm truly delighted and pleased to know that you've had a great stay experience with us and also, making a decision to switch hotel stay to the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel after a good dinner experience with us!

I noted with pride your comments about our product being of modern, contemporary design and especially about our Club Lounge, located on the 47 floor of the Hotel. Our Club Lounge has gotten numerous positive guests' feedbacks on its stunning views, spaciousness, good service execution as well as good variety, quality of the cocktail hour selection. I'm so glad that you shared with us similar sentiment!

I'm also equally pleased that you find our buffet breakfast at the BLD all day dining restaurant of great quality together with very positive feedback on our YUZU Japanese restaurant. Thank you too for your feedbacks on my team's excellent service execution and I noted for needed improvement, the general English communication skill. Thank you for trying out our bicycle ride/service which we just activated less than 2 months ago in response to some of our guests' feedbacks to have a bit more outdoor recreational activities!

Once again, thank you very much for your great feedbacks which I will share with my Team and I hope to be able to welcome you again to the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel in the near future with special note on Club Lounge or Club Floor preference!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I got an enjoyable stay in the Huizhou Renaissance Hotel with my wife for 5 days.
The hotel was beautifully fresh and clean with high standard of service. The room was modern, clean and quiet. All staff were helpful and friendly.
I will surely choose it if I go to Huizhou again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Julian_Wong, General Manager at Renaissance Huizhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Chiu,

Warm greetings from the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel!

Many thanks for your invaluable feedbacks in regard to your recent stay experience with us for 5 days with your wife! I'm truly pleased and delighted that you have had a great stay experience with us! You specifically mentioned about the hotel product being of high standard, fresh, clean, contemporary room set up, overall high level of cleanliness and quiet and above all, I am really happy to hear that my operational team delivered a high level of service execution whilst you were staying with us!

I've just shared your feedbacks with my Team and they really felt motivated just as I do! I thank you very much for those positive feedbacks.

I also noted that you and your wife might return to Huizhou for a visit in the future and if you do, we would be delighted to welcome you to your 'home away from home', ie. the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel!

Thank you.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed 6 nights in January and it was the best experience. The staff were the most helpful and charming of anywhere I have stayed in the world. The hotel was beautifully fresh and clean and the view from our room on the 47th floor was amazing. Once I cleared up the fact that I like a pot of hot, black tea with my breakfast, this due to my non existent Chinese, the staff fell over themselves to please. A thoughroly enjoyable experience planning to be back k there next January and will definitely, definitely stay here.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Julian_Wong, General Manager at Renaissance Huizhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Mr Andrew R,

Warm greetings from the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel and a belated Happy New Year to you and your loved ones from all of us!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedbacks on your recent stay with us! I am truly glad and happy to know that you have had a great stay experience with us which ranked amongst your best! I noted with pride on your comments in regard to my operationalTeam - being very helpful, engaged and going the extra mile thus making the small but important difference in your stay, the hotel being in good physical condition, clean/fresh and the breath-taking view from atop the 47 floor, which is one of our unique selling points.

I will share your invaluable feedbacks with my team whom I am very sure, will be motivated and will continue to walk the extra mile, from your positive comments!

I am really glad that you and your loved one thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you again to the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel in the near future when you plan your next trip!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed one night on 25 December 2013.
The hotel room is spacious and comfortable, with an excellent view of the East River and the West Lake beyond. Location is good. From the hotel to the West Lake is about 15-20 minutes walking (across the Huizhou Bridge and turn left). There is a shopping mall about 500m NE of the hotel.
However there is some management problems.
We booked a package that includes dinner buffet and breakfast buffet for 2 persons at the hotel Cafe. But immediately after we checked in we were told that we can only have buffet dinner at the Japanese restaurant instead of the Cafe because the price of dinner buffet at the Cafe has gone up since it was Christmas evening. We declined and were informed that if we want to have dinner buffet at the Cafe we would have to pay for the price differential between the 25th December price and the normal price. We declined again. At the end the hotel honoured the package and we had dinner buffet at the Cafe
When we checked out there was only one staff at the counter and we waited for 10 minutes. We asked why there was only one staff and the reply was all others are having a meeting. No matter what the real reason is, customer service is certainly not at its best.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Julian_Wong, General Manager at Renaissance Huizhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Jeremy H,

Warm greetings from the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel!

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us recently and also, for taking time to provide us with your invaluable feedbacks pertaining to your stay experience.

I'm glad to hear that you like our spacious, comfortable room, great view from the top, centralized location within city center and also near to the touristic venues of beautiful Huizhou!

I also noted with concern on your stay experience being marred by my team's initial resistance towards honoring of a confirmed package as well as your check out experience delayed by lack of manning at the front desk. I had already addressed these issues with my departmental heads in charge of both these disciplines and I wanted to sincerely apologize for the incidents which unfortunately marred your otherwise good stay experience with us.

I hope that you will continue choosing our hotel as your stay venue whenever you come to Huizhou and I wish to be able to meet up with you if your next trip brings you to this beautiful city!

Once again thank you with best regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

New hotel, with good food, good view and good service. Close to West-Lake(walk 20mins), River (walk 2 mins) and biggest local shopping mall(walk 10mins). of course, sometimes, you are not easy to get taxi

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Julian_Wong, General Manager at Renaissance Huizhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Yan C,

Warm greetings from the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel! Many thanks for choosing to stay with us whilst in Huizhou and thank you very much for your invaluable feedbacks.

I am very flattered and immensely pleased with your positive feedbacks during your recent stay with us in regard to our hotel condition (new hotel - we celebrated our 1st anniversary in April 2013!), great view from above, good food quality, good service execution which help us to achieve our main goal of providing you with a memorable stay experience with us. I also noted your concern on the lack of taxis and have shared with our concierge team on how best to get direct contacts with taxi drivers plying the vicinity of our hotel for future transportation needs of our guests.

I've shared your invaluable feedbacks with my operational leadership team members and they together with me sincerely thank you for sharing these soundbites with us. We definitely feel motivated and will continue to find ways to improve further our guest stay experience going forward.

If your plan requires you to come to Huizhou in the near future, please do not hesitate to let us know as we would be delighted to welcome you back to your 'Home away from Home', the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

VIEW ----- the view which you can see from up there is amazing... in fact, their lobby is on 29th Floor, so all guests can enjoy a very nice view of the city.
ROOM ---- Clean and tidy... so far so good
FOOD ----- Dinner Buffet ---- 3/5 stars; Breakfast Buffet ----- 3.8/5 stars
SERVICE ----- Good mannered staff members

Room Tip: Not many restaurants around...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Julian_Wong, General Manager at Renaissance Huizhou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear ChocoMonster H,

Warm greetings from the Renaissance Huizhou Hotel! Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us whilst at Huizhou recently and also, taking time off your schedule to provide us with your invaluable feedbacks!

I'm extremely pleased and delighted to receive your positive feedbacks on the various facets of our hotel's operations, good staff service execution, good food quality, variety and most definitely, a great overall view of Huizhou from the tallest buidling in the city! I have shared your invaluable feedbacks with my Team and they are being motivated by your feedbacks to drive excellence and to the end, continue to provide our guests with a most memorable stay experience with us so that our guests will continue to choose the Renaissance Huizhou when they come again as well as to recommend our hotel to other potential guests.

Once again, many thanks for your feedbacks and I wish to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,