“Excellent 5* Hotel - Highly recommended”

Pullman Dongguan Forum
Ranked #5 of 1,087 Hotels in Dongguan
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been using the Pullman in Dongguan regularly for 3 years now as a business traveller. The staff are very friendly and generally efficient. Sam, the assistant front office manager is always helpful and certainly someone to turn to should you have any questions or queries. Anything I've needed in the past he has made happen very quickly and efficiently! Highly valued and appreciated level of customer service that is very rare in DG. The rooms are great - clean and spacious, and the facilities are exactly those to be expected of a 5* hotel anywhere in the world. The entertainment in Carmen's Bar is first class - Jay, the resident and very talented vocalist, guitarist and pianist is always friendly and welcoming. Always professional and very hard working! The food is pretty good at breakfast and many cuisines tend to be catered for - can get a little cold towards the end of service. The foot spa is well worth a visit. I have used many in and around DG but the foot spa at this hotel is by far the best and very reasonable priced - approx. 70-90rmb for 1hr. Overall, a very good hotel and I will continue to use it for many years to come I'm sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
pullmandg, Manager at Pullman Dongguan Forum, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Pullman Dongguan Forum. We so glad to read your compliments on Tripadvisor, we are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I experianced a very poor service. Despite I good a smooking room and requested a change, reception staff explained it is a non-smooking room. They were unwilling or unable to change the room. I got no invoice, because I booked via internet. The staff again was not helpful. Book for complains was not available on request. The room was quite big and could have been comfortable, if it would not have that smoky.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Pullman Dongguan Forum. At the outset, we are sorry for the bad smoke smell in the room. We should have met your demands that you requested to change your room to a non-smoking room. Quiet simply, we didn't do our job well. Please rest assured that we will improve our related training to our receptionists to prevent this kind of problem happening again. As to your invoice, we couldn't offer it to you because the invoice in our system is not the same with you got from Internet since you booked the room via on-line. To avoid any misunderstanding, we refused to offer that kind of invoice to you. I hope to gain your understanding in this matter. Once again, thank you for your sharing. Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Exchange of Aussie dollars would be good.
Noticed not quite as clean as normal.
Always great stay though.
I nearly didn't submit this as I did not write 200 characters. This is in itself ridiculous.
200 characters 200 characters 200 characters

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
pullmandg, Manager at Pullman Dongguan Forum, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time tell us about your experience at Pullman Dongguan Forum. Thank you for viewing your stay as a great stay even though we didn't prepare a clean room for you. Your feedback about the poor cleanliness of room has brought our hotel management attention and we will take actions to address the issue and prevent future recurrence. As to exchange of Aussie Dollars, we are sorry that we still couldn't offer that service since there are few customers exchange that kind of currency. We hope to gain your kind understanding in this matter. Once again, thank you for your sharing and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was there on business, which is pretty unfortunate for me as after entering the room I only wished my wife was there and we have a week to relax in this great place. The hotel room provoke loud 'wow' upon entry (the kind hotel piccolo who escorted me obviously experience same from many guests - he just smiled). Nice entry hall with guest toilet, great living area with tv set joined with kitchenette and dinning table), nice working area with desk and walk inn closet next to it, excellent bedroom (second tv set - flat screen of course), cosy bathroom with double sinks and best part, huge patio with two jacuzzi pools and another table with four chairs. Aircon works great, big ceilling vents in pation too. The hotel is clean, quiet, close to the nice restaurants, two bars and spa&massage.
Breakfast buffet was excellent. And all of that for a good price. Highly recommendable!

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us your fantastic experience about Pullman Dongguan Forum. We are so delighted to read your wonderful comments and your highly recommendation via Tripadvisor. Once again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is work of mouth from a satisfied customer. It's our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

A once great hotel ruined by bad service . I have stayed & brought friends here many times  as this was once a way above average hotel for China standards.  Unfortunately   this hotel has slipped into the " sorry , you have me confused with so me who gives a f#@k "  level of service.
The property is now 5 years old but looks more like   10  .   Food quality for breakfast was poor but selection large . Most would prefer quality over quantity. They brought the  wrong selections & poor quality meals  for room service . The Carmen " western " bar was a joke   I order 3 brandy Alexanders from the top of their list of available cocktails & none of the staff had any idea how to make them. I said it needed fresh cream & they pulled out a 1ltr carton of frozen artificial whipped cream. 5 star , what a joke. The price was 42 rmb & they charged me 218 rmb for 3 ??? I told they to stick it.  As my partner & I are gold members of this hotel group we were entitled to a room upgrade they gave me a worse room than I booked & paid for. I said something & Nobody cared less .
To top it off they did not tell the driver when we left the hotel & check with him as to where we were going so the driver had no idea got totally lost & we missed our ferry to hong kong airport and missed our plane.  Looks like we are looking for a new hotel in donggaun  china.

1  Thank BigWayneD
pullmandg, Manager at Pullman Dongguan Forum, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
At the outset, we are so sorry for any inconvenience caused during your last stay. Based on the comments you had written via Tripadvisor, please hereby allow us to explain something to you after our thorough investigation. As to the cocktails you ordered at Carmen’s Bar, our bartender told your Chinese friend that the price of cocktails you ordered was higher than the menu since the ingredients were different. She said she would explain it to you. We’ve already rebated the price difference shortly after your departure as you requested. With regards to the room you stayed, as far as we’ve concerned that you always booked the room through online website and we always allocated the same room type for you, the only difference was we allocated that suite at the low floor this time. Please rest assured that we will allocate a room at the high floor for you in the future if you don’t like rooms located at the low floor. We are sorry to read that you missed your plane, but honestly our Chief Concierge named victor did tell the taxi driver your destination personally and which is Humen Ferry.
Again thank you for your time, we stay at your disposition please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hotel located in the middle of a small town, really local residential area so nothing interested around, not even a nice park. Restaurant at 1/F - I believe is the coffee shop, they have horrible chairs, you can't even put your hands on the table as they are too low because of the sofa seat - just like sitting on cotton. I am really disappointed with their food, hot food is not hot and cold food is not cold, not many variety and quality is not good either. Room is standard without any suprise and comparing with Pullman Hotel in Bangkok, big difference. I am pretty sure that I won't stay there for the second time. Also I went in the Spa at 5th floor to make booking for feet massage at the counter with ten staffs standing around and a guy said that's ok , when we arrive on time they said no one is avaliable and denied that we had made booking, My friend is so angry...

Room Tip: Not recommended
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bertha Y
pullmandg, Manager at Pullman Dongguan Forum, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am sorry to read that you had a such bad experience at our Pullman hotel. According to your description, I guess the Pullman hotel you wanted to complain about is not Pullman Dongguan Forum since there are two Pullman hotels in Dongguan City. The location of our hotel is in the center of Dongcheng District which is surrounded by a beautiful QiFeng Park. In addition, our SPA is located on the -1F.
If there is any further clarification, please feel free to take contact to our hotel.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

TRAVELLING FROM HONG KONG
I travelled to Pullman Dongguan from Hong Kong by Coach from Mong Kok and it took me 2hr by road.
HOTEL
The hotel is magnificent, entering through lush gardens and you feel as if you are entering a resort in beach side location. Hotel interior decor is elegant and luxurious with many artifacts and wall paintings.
CHECK IN
I checked in for 2 nights and the check-in was very efficient and friendly.
ACCOMMODATION
Very comfortable king size bed and the room was equipped with all the luxury amenities and the bathroom was spacious.
L ESCALE Restaurant
I arrived during lunch time and I was directed by friendly staff, as I was hungry, to L ESCALE Western Restaurant. The food was excellent and with a huge selection of Western & Eastern food with many ‘action’ cooking stations and seafood. The main highlight is the fresh sea food section with the best Alaskan Crab legs I have ever tasted. It was so fresh and yummy. I could see the chef’s walking around and talking to guests, which was a nice touch while the efficient staff serving guests with a smile. I was so full and I had to have a light snack from room service for dinner that night.
SAKURA Japanese Restaurant
My second night I decided to have dinner in SAKURA Japanese Restaurant and they had a 7 course Teppanyaki set menu on special, so I thought I would try this. It was one of the best Teppanyaki food I have tasted. Chef was very attentive and dramatic the way her was displaying his cooking.
FOOD IN GENERAL
I didn’t try food in other restaurants but I must say the food in this hotel is of high quality! I didn’t expect in a hotel in Dongguan to be of this high standards. Excellent!
LOUNGE
I went there for a pre-dinner drink and they made a very good Margarita for me, just the way I liked it, ‘forzen’. They had a good band playing on the night as well.
SWIMMING POOL
Large swimming pool surrounded by gardens and walking tracks was nice and relaxing.
SHOPPING/KTVs
Major shopping centers, restaurants, bars and KTV’s are only about 25 mins walk from the hotel. I even saw a large WALMART!
CONCLUSION
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning to have a relaxing holiday or a break. There are many things you can do in the hotel and in surrounding areas and you will never get bored. Hotel is a true 5 star hotel/resort with excellent service. Hotel has also a museum and a KTV. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KumarDaCritique
pullmandg, Manager at Pullman Dongguan Forum, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Dongguan Forum. It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments like yours.

Honestly, our hotel staff are so proud and excited when reading your comments through Tripadvicer. We highly appreciate your comments as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Thank you!