“A Five Star Hotel with a Resort Feel”

Pullman Dongguan Forum
Ranked #4 of 1,073 Hotels in Dongguan
Sydney, Australia
“A Five Star Hotel with a Resort Feel”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

TRAVELLING FROM HONG KONG
I travelled to Pullman Dongguan from Hong Kong by Coach from Mong Kok and it took me 2hr by road.
HOTEL
The hotel is magnificent, entering through lush gardens and you feel as if you are entering a resort in beach side location. Hotel interior decor is elegant and luxurious with many artifacts and wall paintings.
CHECK IN
I checked in for 2 nights and the check-in was very efficient and friendly.
ACCOMMODATION
Very comfortable king size bed and the room was equipped with all the luxury amenities and the bathroom was spacious.
L ESCALE Restaurant
I arrived during lunch time and I was directed by friendly staff, as I was hungry, to L ESCALE Western Restaurant. The food was excellent and with a huge selection of Western & Eastern food with many ‘action’ cooking stations and seafood. The main highlight is the fresh sea food section with the best Alaskan Crab legs I have ever tasted. It was so fresh and yummy. I could see the chef’s walking around and talking to guests, which was a nice touch while the efficient staff serving guests with a smile. I was so full and I had to have a light snack from room service for dinner that night.
SAKURA Japanese Restaurant
My second night I decided to have dinner in SAKURA Japanese Restaurant and they had a 7 course Teppanyaki set menu on special, so I thought I would try this. It was one of the best Teppanyaki food I have tasted. Chef was very attentive and dramatic the way her was displaying his cooking.
FOOD IN GENERAL
I didn’t try food in other restaurants but I must say the food in this hotel is of high quality! I didn’t expect in a hotel in Dongguan to be of this high standards. Excellent!
LOUNGE
I went there for a pre-dinner drink and they made a very good Margarita for me, just the way I liked it, ‘forzen’. They had a good band playing on the night as well.
SWIMMING POOL
Large swimming pool surrounded by gardens and walking tracks was nice and relaxing.
SHOPPING/KTVs
Major shopping centers, restaurants, bars and KTV’s are only about 25 mins walk from the hotel. I even saw a large WALMART!
CONCLUSION
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning to have a relaxing holiday or a break. There are many things you can do in the hotel and in surrounding areas and you will never get bored. Hotel is a true 5 star hotel/resort with excellent service. Hotel has also a museum and a KTV. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KumarDaCritique
pullmandg, Manager at Pullman Dongguan Forum, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Dongguan Forum. It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments like yours.

Honestly, our hotel staff are so proud and excited when reading your comments through Tripadvicer. We highly appreciate your comments as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Thank you!

Sam Jin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 13, 2013

being in this part of the world regularly for business recently I tried the Pullman and I am happy to say that finally this is an hotel that you are happy to stay.
The room / service / food are all fine. there is a big outside garden / park so you can get some fresh air and you can enven enjoy the nice outdoor pool.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room facing the garden, a lot better view and you can even ejoy your balcony an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
pullmandg, Manager at Pullman Dongguan Forum, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Pullman Dongguan Forum as your accommodation. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours through Tripadvisor.

We will share your comments with our team. We are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Hotel Management
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I would say all the things are nearly perfect, such as the decoration, services, room clearness and the environment. What I want to appreciate is that the hotel care the customers' needs meticulously. For example, the bath room supply not only general bath set but also the body lotion, that I haven't experienced from other five star hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Really enjoyed our three nights at the Pullman. It was a great place to get over our jet lag before embarking our adventures. Comfortable beds, excellent service, super breakfast buffet, and don't miss the foot massage!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The location of the hotel is perfect! The room is wonderful! The service is good. I love the staff! They are very friendly and accommodating. The Western Restaurant is good. I loved the sea food selection. The Lounge bar is beautiful and huge, a good place to go to relax after a long day. I had a foot massage and it was good. The bar at the basement is okay, it's not easy to find. It would be better if the bar is located nearby the Lounge or Lobby so walk in guests can easily see and go there. The band was really good!!! Very Entertaining. I will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Make reservations! The hotel is always full...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Simon_UK494
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I went on a business trip. Hotel was booked for me.
The hotel and it's grounds are very good. I would give it a 5 star rating.

I arrived early in the morning and my room was not ready, so they very nicely gave me a room down in the spa to freshen up in.

After a few hours I was given my room. The room was facing the back swimming pool and gardens. Very nice room, clean and stylish. I love the bathroom, it had a glass side so the room felt bigger. Not that I did, but you could sit in the bath and watch TV in the main bedroom.
The shower was very big and very powerful the way I like it.

The morning breakfast was great, there is a lot of choice from standard western breakfast to eastern styles. I got here very early as they opened up so it was quite. The chefs will make you up a fresh omelette you tell them what you want in it. They also have a Chinese hot pot, where they cook your (boil) your food for you. Freshly made Pancakes were great also.

I never had dinner or lunch there so I can't comment.

The bar prices are pricey, so watch the bill.

The free wifi in the room and the hotel is great I had sufficient access.

Staff are polite and helpful. The Spa is very good, there are 2 spa's one which gives light massages with your clothes on, The other is a normal western spa, beauty treatments and full massages. Massages are great after a long day. Good thing is the spa seems to be clean and not dodgy. What I mean is they are not offering other gentlemen services. I must warn you the door staff to the hotel may approach you to see if you want a girl. It only happened to me on the last night. To be honest I didn't like it I felt uncomfortable the guy asking me as I came into the hotel after a meal. I heard it is quite a normal thing to happen in all hotels.

Regardless of that Would I stay there again? - Answer - Yes

Tip - If you want a good Chinese restaurant cheap price and good food, where all the locals go. Just come out of the main gate of the Hotel turn immediately right and walk down, cross the road and walk along the shops, you will pass a Car Garage, they mostly clean cars. On the corner is the restaurant. It is all glass so you can see all the tables.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the back swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business