See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 23, 2017

I stay here from time to time on business trips.
I like the clean large rooms, good sized and well equipped bathrooms, and the balcony, with the fresh air that comes with it.
I had rooms with a view of the lake (with green hills behind), or otherwise looking into a looking into a lush forest, so a big difference to the usual hotels in this widely industrialized area.
I found breakfast to be well sorted if you like Chinese food, with a good additional supply of western food though that I would not rank top. You can have a freshly made omelette though, and some proper coffee.
I never had a problem finding someone speaking English enough so I could get what I need and want, but do not expect every member of staff to be fluent in English.
So if you like a good sized, well equipped room, are a sucker for fresh air like I am, and do not require a Chinese hotel to feel like a Hilton in Orlando, then this is a good place for you, giving you good value for the money.

Room tip: Ask for balcony with lake view.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2017

This hotel has a pleasant low-rise construction, unlike the high-rise ones in modern China. It has spacious gardens and swimming pools. Long corridors join the various blocks and they are surrounded by plants. Walking through the corridor is an enjoyable experience and brings back my memories of Singapore in its very old days. There is a huge lotus pond in front of the hotel. Unfortunately my trip to the hotel was stopped by a typhoon and in my August visit there was not a single flower. To see the lotus flowers, one has to go there in June/ July. The huge pond is converted to grow yellow rape flowers which blossom around Jan./ Feb. and the pond becomes a sea of yellow. Photographers are attracted to the hotel during these periods. There is a public park, with a pagoda, behind the hotel but it has too many steps for the average person to climb. Food is great and the hotel staff are friendly. It is a good hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2016

Perspective this from a first time visitor to China. This area is not glamorous. It's a rather bland industrial town, and this is the best hotel in town (it seems). Prices are low - $50 per night - but it's very much a Chinese 5* hotel rather than an international one. It's hard to put your finger on why. Everything is quite lavish. Rooms large (in the poolside block 8), marble and gilt everywhere. Breakfast was lavish, but almost entirely Chinese food. The rooms are very luxurious - but still a bit off. Swimming pool is VAST yet I didn't want to get in it. The staff are warm and kind but I still found it rather depressing, even if all travel is an experience. I wonder if part of it is the fact that there is a linger of smoking. Part is just that it's just quite foreign. But the stay was sandwiched between a hotel in Hong Kong and a Sheraton in a major Chinese city, and there was a big difference. Made me wonder if I am too inflexibly Western - but worth being warned if you are like me!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank JT14
Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

The hotel has been downgraded in service so much. I was a regular that had to be here for at least 2 times per month and I enjoyed staying here. However ever since the end of last year it had suffered a lot and now seems all services had been reduce in quality. The new staff is not trained and barely speaks English. The restaurants don't have enough storage anymore and basic services seems too much trouble for the staff.
Please avoid if you are looking for a descent 5 to 4 starts hotel.

Hope it helps for future travellers

Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank Algenib
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great place with privacy. Excellent for holiday and relaxation. I have great experience since the day I check in. As a business traveller, I have a tight schedule. My travelling was made easy with the friendly staff. And, most importantly at such remote area and time the arrangements for transportation is at a reasonable cost. Staffs were friendly and helpful. It's a great experience for first timer to stay in yhis hotel. I have no complaints and will definitely be back again soon.

Date of stay: November 2013