“Beautiful resort but much to improve!”

Goodview Hotel Tangxia
Ranked #9 of 1,070 Hotels in Dongguan
Hong Kong, China
“Beautiful resort but much to improve!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for a short trip. Much to comment:

1)a beautifully built resort, much out of reach of the industrial and commercial area of the city. Difficult to find the similar type of resort in Dongguan
2)rooms are quite sizeable
3)buffet at the dinner has many choices, it was above other hotel buffets in china

However lots to improve
1)service is not up to standards - no provision of baby bed (only 2 for the whole resort). Does it sell to be for the family, not business?
2)cleaning of the room needs to be improved. Can see stain in the bathroom, drain with smell, carpet not clean
3)staff do not speak English. Very cold service....no interest to help...not even trying to give you all guide with regards to the hotel facilities, room direction, restaurants etc..you just have to ask and find out yourself
4)the pool facilities are adequate, however some maintenance is needed. Like the buoy we used was broken
5)the night club performance....care about the sound effects...it was just too loud and disgusting, though some of the performance was good
6)the beds are terrible....do they have mattress?
7)better to operate free (or paid if needed) shuttle bus to and from the train station and lo wu. Traveling up was a terrible experience, my brother got his phone pick pocketed in the Lo Wu train station....nightmare
8)no smoking and non smoking room separation? Also in the restaurants? The babies have to smoke 2nd hand. So disgusting

All in all, it is just an experience..will need to consider return if it is value for the price!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank conniemlwong
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all, thank you very much for your feedbacks following your recent stay at Goodview Hotel Tangxia,Dongguan. we are very sorry for the inconvenience which you had during your stay.
We truly value your comments as it is from guest feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to excellence. We take our guest’s feedback very seriously.
1)We have already added some baby beds, so please remark it on your next reservation, then we could arrange it in advance for you.
2)We have already changed most of the carpets and stains, and we will pay more attention.
3)We will arrange more training for the staff and to improve the English and skills, and will try to provide the service for our guest better and better.
4)The hotel will pay more attention to the poolside building and to check the facilities and fix it.
5)We will pay more attention about night club performance sound system; hope you will enjoy more in your stay.
6)Actually we have soft mattress and regular mattress available for the customer to choose, so please when you make next time reservation, just remark about it.
7)We do have transportation service, so you may contact with concierge in advance. We do also have separate non-smoking area in every building, and restaurants, will be more considered about it. Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and we are look forward to serving you again at Goodview Hotel, Tangxia, Dongguan. Please feel free to let us know if you may have any further queries.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Goodview Sangem Tongxia Resort. First I booked 2 nights at the Goodview poolside Deluxe (sometimes known as BangShan wing, Room 5220) which is supposed to be a new wing. However when I first checked in the room I didn't quite like it as the view wasn't good (not as good as what I saw from other bloggers who were staying at the older wing) so I spent one night there and requested to change to the ordinary poolside deluxe (Room 2321). The room there was much better with a very nice swimming pool view. Bed was larger and room was better appointed. So we were very happy until I hit the bed at night. I read from some reviewers talking about bed bugs but this idea didn't bother me at first as I thought it might only be occasional however I was so much bitten that I didn't have a good night sleep. The bites are still very itching now (I came back yesterday). So I would say that the resort is good otherwise. The staff were friendly and actively helpful, facilities were plentiful and pools were very family-friendly. Foods were ok and not too expensive. However the bed bugs were really bothering. If the hotel management ever sees this review, please go and check Room 2321 and do something there. Strange (and lucky) enough my mom and my baby were not bitten, otherwise I would have been more angry.

Room Tip: Don't book at the BangShan wing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your kind feedback following your recent visit to Goodview Tangxia Dongguan.
We are sorry for the inconveniences in your stay, hope your body already be fine.
When we read your message we already arrange House Keeping to check the room 2321 and to follow up, though we do have antiseptic spray every month, but will pay more attention to destroy such kind of bugs. We hope it will not affect to your next visit at Goodview Hotel Tangxia.Dongguan.
If there is any further request, please don't hesitate to contact with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you at Goodview hotel, Tangxia,Dongguan.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you are looking for a 5 star western style hotel this is not it. The location is out of Dong Guan city but that is a plus if you are avoiding the noise and pollution of Dong Guan. I loved sitting on my little balcony and looking out on the lake and mountains. The scenery is really spectacular.
The dim sum was very good, the breakfast was more Chinese style than western, though the food was decent. Rooms were a little worn. I never found them to be very clean, carpets hadn't been vacuumed in a while for sure. Bathrooms nice and spacious. If you ask for a soft mattress they will give you a room that has one. Made a huge difference if you've ever slept on a rock hard Chinese mattress. I liked the peace and quiet of this hotel, will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a soft mattress.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest Thank you for taking out your precious time and posting a review on tripadvisor following your recent visit to Goodview Tangxia. We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable and a relaxing stay with us. At the same time, we were concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations. We will confirm to HSKP floor attendance to check room after make up and make sure . Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you wish to discuss further. We would like to thank you for the recommendations you have made and we look forward to welcoming you back at Goodview Tangxia,Dongguan. Sincerely!
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the Goodview Hotel for one night for a company team building event.

The rooms were spacious as well as the bathroom with plenty of towels.

We stayed in a deluxe room on the 5th floor and as soon as we walked in there was a foul stench from previous occupants who were smoking. To tried to get rid of the smell we opened the baloney door to let some fresh air in.

Before you leave the room you can stick a business card where the room key usually goes and turn up the air con full blast to clear some of the air.

This also applied to the meeting rooms that we used to hold meetings.

The buffet lunch selection was wide a mix of eastern and western cuisine.

Some of my colleagues got very hard beds but mine was soft. I'm not sure if you can request the type of bed you want upon arrival.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kikimitemite
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We have addressed your feedback with the Department Heads concerned to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations in all aspects. We do already have separate non-smoking floor and area, and we will pay more attention during make up room, so I wish next time you will face this problem. Actually we do also have soft bed kind of room, so please write down on your next reservation in advance than we can fix it for you. Once again, we do apologize and certainly look forward to welcome you at Goodview Tangxia,Dongguan..Please feel free to let us know if you may have any further queries.
Beijing
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of November. Still very impressive since my stay a year ago. The staff lack English and would be the only downer. Coffee shop is one of the best. Variety of food is exceptional. The Hotel guest rooms and facilities are excellent and it is a well run hotel. Shall be back for sure

Room Tip: Lake facing gives you a great view- ask for higher floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking out your precious time and posting a review on tripadvisor following your recent visit to Goodview Hotel Tangxia,Dongguan. As the Flagship Shop of the Sangem International Hotel Management Limited, to provide the attentive service for our guest always is the pursuit of our goal of all my companion. We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable and a relaxing stay with us. We would like to thank you for the recommendations you have made and we look forward to welcoming you back at Goodview Tangxia,Dongguan.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is out of this world and has to seen to be believed. It actually is more of a resort than your regular hotels. Firstly, the entrance is majestic, the staff always great you with a friendly "hello" and smile. When it come to getting your room, you can stay in the main block or you may want to stay at the on of the rooms that look out at the moat, thats right folks!!....there is a moat that surrounds most of different apartment style blocks. I cannot describe how big this place is...seeing is believing....

Now if thats not enough then a little nightly excursion to the hotel nightclub will have you gasping, its about the size of a cricket oval, its a bit expensive but certainly worth a look. And theres more.......
The pool, spa and sauna facilities are out of an old Roman movie, you feel like Caesar, all thats missing are the roman goddesses!!! Now if you dont like swimming then you may want, just lie in the massage pool or maybe the herbal pool, but if you really fancy something different then dip you toes into the flesh eating fish....its great...but not for the ticklish.

There is not much around, although you can pick up a great meal and cheap near where the staff hotel is. If you want more then just hop on the shuttle bus a go into the main township where you'll find just about everything you need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SantaMe
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for taking out your precious time and posting a review on tripadvisor following your recent visit to Goodview Hotel Tangxia,Dongguan.. It’s delightful to know that you are satisfied with our service and facilities. We are always striving to provide our guests with a home away from home feeling. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.
Hong Kong
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been to goodview for 3 times. The first two times gave me a good experience.

However, I went there again in 1Jul and it was super crowded (it is crowded everywhere in China though, but the previous two stays gave me a good impression). I went there at 1:00pm and I have got to wait for another 1.5 hours to check in although I have asked for early check in in advance.

The swimming pool was worse then it used to be. Got quite a lot of flies on the water and you would see trashes at the bottom of the sea.

The room was nice (as it used to be), but my girlfriend and I got bitten by flea!! My girlfriend was then sick in the next morning. What made her feel worse was the very "Chinese style breakfast buffet". It was like playing american football when you wanted to get some food.

Goodview shall spend more effort on facilities maintainace and cleaning in order to keep its reputation

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndyLui
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all, thank you very much for your feedbacks following your recent stay at Goodview Hotel Tangxia,Dongguan. We are very sorry for the inconvenience which you had during your stay.
Your valuable comments are immediately reported and viewed with utmost importance by the hotel management and relevant department heads, the action had taken and look into this matter very seriously; the necessary communication has made with agreement with related departments and immediately will take action.Actually our check-in time is 14:00, but we do apologize, if you had to get your room. The hotel will pay more attention to swimming pool facility and will fix it. We will confirm to HSKP floor attendance to check room after make up and make sure are suitable. We have confirmed to F/B department head, and will pay attention during choose buffet selection. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you wish to discuss further.