I've been going to China for business now for over 25 years - and clearly remember when hotels hardly existed- so it is delightful to see hotels of this standard available to make working/visiting china much easier.
This hotel is about as good as it gets- but there will still be issues. The great thing is the management are very eager for feedback and will take action to correct those irritating matters that may arise.
So if you are working in the DongGuan area or visiting the Canton Fair and want a quite location away from the hussle and bussle of chinese life this is a hotel you should definately consider.
Things that are exceptional are:
restaurant food ( but do not go for the buffet- the set menus in the Japanese and lobby restaurant are much better).
The morning buffet is OK and the broadband is just great.
The travel time from the Hotel to Canton Fair is about 70 minutes- and the shuttle service hopefully will be improved.
For a hotel of this standard the bus is really of a very average quality standard.
Rena, the food and beverage manager, is one name that stands out for exceptional service.
I had a few issues during my stay - they do not warrant mentioning- but the issues were fixed in a flash.
If you want an easy way to get there- a shuttle service runs between HK downtown and HK Airport and the Hotel. You take a small minivan to the border/then onto a normal 45 seater coach to Dongguan downtown- and then again onto a minivan the the hotel.
The complete transfer only about 2.5hours and just 200RMB.
Photo's attached show the exceptional food on offer as a part of the set menu's in the restaurant.
I highly recommend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located nearby the Huying Park, and facing a lake on one side, and a wild forest on the other side, it is the ideal place to disconnect from work and worries. The 2 swimming pools, the spa, and the sport facilities are dedicated to well being and relaxation. The complex is also a perfect setting for your events, with its 22 meeting rooms up to 1000 people. ROOMS: 268 rooms, including 10 opera suites, and 21 prestige suites, 3 villas and 1 imperial suite with private fitness centre and meeting room. The bedrooms offer splendid views of the lake, the swimming pool and the garden.F&B: • Cafe Royal: travel around the world with an international buffet and live cooking. • Garden Bistro: taste fine dining cuisine, with French and Italian touches with view on our peacock garden. • BB's: our Brazilian churrascaria for meat lovers. Terrace facing the swimming pool. • Sugi: enjoy a Japanese fine dining restaurant. Teppanyake, sushi bar and private tatami rooms available. • Fragrant Pavilion: try out the local specialties in our Cantonese restaurant. 3 bars are available: the Mardi Gras Bar, the Lobby Bar,the wine bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your TANGLA Dongguan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Dongguan Royal Lagoon Hotel Dongguan
- Accor Dongguan Royal Lagoon
- Dongguan Sofitel