Just came back to London from a very pleasant stay at the Sofitel Royal Lagoon Dongguan China and found it to be one of the best places I have ever been. The place is a rare gem not only for China but also compared to other cities in the world. The hotel has a beautiful landscape, serene lakeview, plenty of greens, flowers and trees surrounding it. The rooms are spacious and clean, the food is fabulous and tasty, especially the Brazilian restaurant, and there is even a European lady pianist serenading in the evening at the lobby. The ambience of the lobby, with its fresh flowers displays, lighted candles and the ever-friendly staff is a delightful place to relax and come “home” to.
I frequently fly and travel many countries, stayed at many luxurious five star hotels but this hotel takes the cake. The management and staff here are so down-to-earth, friendly, courteous, helpful and ever smiling, especially the French Management Trainees at the front desk. Even the Chinese staff will be ever ready to greet you with a “Bonjour” or “Bonsoir” which is indeed a surprise for a hotel so faraway out of Europe. An impeccable unmistakable French touch. The Spa is great for a relaxing massage.
I often recommend business colleagues and friends to stay at Sofitel Hotels, like the fabulous Sofitel Rome and Sofitel London but this one, with its natural assets and friendly staff, is big value for money .Even when I left, they sent me a "Good bye email-card". What a way to value a guest and make one wants to return to the hotel always. Strongly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located nearby the Huying Park, and facing a lake on one side, and a wild forest on the other side, it is the ideal place to disconnect from work and worries. The 2 swimming pools, the spa, and the sport facilities are dedicated to well being and relaxation. The complex is also a perfect setting for your events, with its 22 meeting rooms up to 1000 people. ROOMS: 268 rooms, including 10 opera suites, and 21 prestige suites, 3 villas and 1 imperial suite with private fitness centre and meeting room. The bedrooms offer splendid views of the lake, the swimming pool and the garden.F&B: • Cafe Royal: travel around the world with an international buffet and live cooking. • Garden Bistro: taste fine dining cuisine, with French and Italian touches with view on our peacock garden. • BB's: our Brazilian churrascaria for meat lovers. Terrace facing the swimming pool. • Sugi: enjoy a Japanese fine dining restaurant. Teppanyake, sushi bar and private tatami rooms available. • Fragrant Pavilion: try out the local specialties in our Cantonese restaurant. 3 bars are available: the Mardi Gras Bar, the Lobby Bar,the wine bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your TANGLA Dongguan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Dongguan Royal Lagoon Hotel Dongguan
- Accor Dongguan Royal Lagoon
- Dongguan Sofitel