“Great Service, Great Location. Don't bother with the other DG Hotels”
Review of TANGLA Dongguan

TANGLA Dongguan
Ranked #1 of 1,070 Hotels in Dongguan
San Francisco
“Great Service, Great Location. Don't bother with the other DG Hotels”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I've been a regular traveller to DG and have been staying at this hotel since it first opened. I would spend a minimum 20 days here every year. I have tried on occasions new hotels in the area as they open but I return to the Royal Lagoon every time.The front desk experience is always quick and courteous (just how I like it), The food is a good standard and on the improve with new management, the staff are like family, they know and greet me by name.I never have to ask for anything twice, they are attentive but never intrusive.The added bonus of this hotel is the location,set in wonderful park location it is a great respite from the busy DongCheng downtown area (great for an early morning run or walk) .It is centrally located which means travel to either HK or Guangzhou is convenient.
I really take exception to reviews like the previous one titled "Very disappointed" .To suggest the staff is anything but honest is reprehensible. While on earth you would rely on a Bell boy to help you with your travel plans is beyond me. He is there to carry your bags.
Your disappointment had more to do with your poor planning rather than the hotel.
I run into the same international business travelers regularly.To see their continued support of this hotel considering the options speaks volumes.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I am very disappointed at this hotel, particularly the staff. I had take a taxi to Changping train station via which to Hong Kong on the 26th April. When we checked out at the hotel, my husband told the Concierge at 8am that we needed a taxi for 9am. When we came down at 9am, we were told that there were no taxies and we had to wait for 15 - 20 minutes!

Feeling annoyed, we had no choice but to wait. While we were waiting at the gate, a tall bell boy told me that it would be much better to take their company car because it would only cost 200RMB and it's larger while the taxi would cost us 180RMB. I told him that that's fine as long as we could have the car asap and time was running out. Anyway, he came back and said he had called the company car for us but we needed to wait for an extra 10 minutes as the car was not at the hotel. What? If the car was not in the hotel, why would I bother to pay extra for the "company car"? By then a taxi arrived, I told him not to bother with the company car, we could just go with the taxi and we needed to catch the train.

Watch this, when I was just about to ask the taxi driver how much it would cost us to go to the Changping station, that same tall bell boy who told me it would cost 180RMB jumped in and asked the taxi driver if he would take us to the train station for 100RMB which the taxi driver happily agreed. Once I settled down in the taxi, the more I thought about it, the more I found it peculiar. And now I know why. The driver told me that it costed 100RMB to the train station, no more. So the bell boy lied to me in order to get me to use their more expensive car and as soon as I decided to use a taxi, he tried to cover himself up! How disgusting that was!

Anyway, I have found that the Concierge doesn't seem to be happy to help customers out generally speaking. I would expect somebody smiling, polite and try all their best to answer any enquiry that you might have. No, not from this hotel. For example, after a couple of phone calls, I finally managed to get a train timetable printed by the Concierge but on the paper full of other writings!

Room inside is nice and clean but as soon as you go out to the balcony, full of cobweb and dust, no chairs at the Balcony. The water sport facility shown on the pictures wasn't there. Staff who take anything to your room stand there and expect tips. I mean I would give tips when I wanted but not this way. The dressing area of the heated swimming pool was wet, messy and dirty. Nobody seemed to bother to clean it up.

No shuttle bus to the city centre.

good points - quiet, away from the bustle and hustle, heated swimming pool, reasonable price.

I will not go back to this hotel nor would I recommend it. General impression of this hotel is too commercial and only interested in cutomers' money but not the customers.

Room Tip: lake view rooms
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WillowGreen
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 18, 2011

It would be better if there are a couple of chairs in the balcony. The temperature of the hot water in the bath room is not hot enough.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 15, 2011

A nice place with delicious food, quiet and cosy environment.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 15, 2011

2.6 is the year fourth day, the hotel handles into the human are very many.
Onstage for drink ticket when with enters the ID card suspension hook, a little not the happy
After evening eats meal, we back to the hotel, discovered room passive has operated a night of bed, but takes a bath the thing to change into by original L'occitane other inferior brands not to be feeling well very much!

Telephoned negotiates about the guest room department opposite party to shirk
afterwards great hall manager to come the electricity to apologize and to deliver the name card, but also pledged four returned a house, and sent the human to send the fruit chocolate, was solves the problem. On this has the sincerity

although is not a little quick, but can not but say is the hotel facility extremely is good worthily is the sofitel liquor electricity, the room is very greatly very spacious, besides a service in question, other all details all does very splendidly, environment say nothing of, human in mountain water's edge quiet and refined, is really the good place which takes vacation! Hoped the hotel the service can be better, that was perfect

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends