I've been a regular traveller to DG and have been staying at this hotel since it first opened. I would spend a minimum 20 days here every year. I have tried on occasions new hotels in the area as they open but I return to the Royal Lagoon every time.The front desk experience is always quick and courteous (just how I like it), The food is a good standard and on the improve with new management, the staff are like family, they know and greet me by name.I never have to ask for anything twice, they are attentive but never intrusive.The added bonus of this hotel is the location,set in wonderful park location it is a great respite from the busy DongCheng downtown area (great for an early morning run or walk) .It is centrally located which means travel to either HK or Guangzhou is convenient.
I really take exception to reviews like the previous one titled "Very disappointed" .To suggest the staff is anything but honest is reprehensible. While on earth you would rely on a Bell boy to help you with your travel plans is beyond me. He is there to carry your bags.
Your disappointment had more to do with your poor planning rather than the hotel.
I run into the same international business travelers regularly.To see their continued support of this hotel considering the options speaks volumes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located nearby the Huying Park, and facing a lake on one side, and a wild forest on the other side, it is the ideal place to disconnect from work and worries. The 2 swimming pools, the spa, and the sport facilities are dedicated to well being and relaxation. The complex is also a perfect setting for your events, with its 22 meeting rooms up to 1000 people. ROOMS: 268 rooms, including 10 opera suites, and 21 prestige suites, 3 villas and 1 imperial suite with private fitness centre and meeting room. The bedrooms offer splendid views of the lake, the swimming pool and the garden.F&B: • Cafe Royal: travel around the world with an international buffet and live cooking. • Garden Bistro: taste fine dining cuisine, with French and Italian touches with view on our peacock garden. • BB's: our Brazilian churrascaria for meat lovers. Terrace facing the swimming pool. • Sugi: enjoy a Japanese fine dining restaurant. Teppanyake, sushi bar and private tatami rooms available. • Fragrant Pavilion: try out the local specialties in our Cantonese restaurant. 3 bars are available: the Mardi Gras Bar, the Lobby Bar,the wine bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your TANGLA Dongguan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Dongguan Royal Lagoon Hotel Dongguan
- Accor Dongguan Royal Lagoon
- Dongguan Sofitel