“A firey highlight!”

Ranked #11 of 1,065 Hotels in Dongguan
London, United Kingdom
“A firey highlight!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I only stayed for one night in this hotel and found it to be of a very good standard in that limited time. The room was very spacious and clean. I would make a special mention of a wonderful Japanese Terriaki meal we had in the hotel - I would heartily recommend using this restuarant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your stay experience at our hotel.

We will be delighted to share your very positive feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests. We will certainly convey your excellent dining experience at the Japanese restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If you require further assistance at Sheraton Dongguan, kindly email me at tommy.yap@sheraton.com

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here only a night in club room.I usually stayed in Regal Palace hotel everytime I visit Dongguan.
I was surprisingly amazed by the average staff level of English in dongguan area. This is a big plus for foreigner in small city like dongguan where English is hardly spoken.
The hotel has a relax ambience although there was a fair going on.
I tried Luigi and found that the service was friendly and good.
Breakfast need to have more varieties though.
One thing need to be improved is the lighting on the corridor and room as the club room wall using dark coloured wood veneer makes it even darker.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank Andrea Aprillan... W
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013

Our hotel has had enjoyed very encouraging occupancy since we opened in 2003. Into our 10th year of operation, continued efforts have been put into the upgrading of the hardware as well as the facilities of the property. Rooms renovation are on the drawing board now and we should start some modification to carpet, wall paper and lighting etc. We just completed our Sheraton Fitness on the 5th floor and our Grand Ballroom and Meeting Rooms will be completed very soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is grand with good service! The General Manager runs a tight ship. Mr. San Amalan and his wife Rajini, are extremely friendly and take a personal interest in the hotels clients. Rooms are very comfortable, the coffee is great! The Italian restaurant is good but very expensive. Breakfast is included in the room rate and serves everything you could possibly want, catering to Western and Eastern tastes including a large selection for Muslim and Jewish guests. For those attending the International Exhibitions in Guangzhou, free shuttle services are provided. We were attending the boat show as well as looking at the textile and garment industry situated in the region. The hotel was very helpful in helping us making our connections.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the higher floor for better air. Ask to see the rooms and choose one facing awa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013

We will be delighted to share your very positive feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests. We will continue to improve on our hardware and staff training continuously to bring more comfort and enjoyment when staying with us.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here recently for 2 nights for business and it was a fantastic stay. Here are the +/-:

Pluses:
- Very good location...plenty of places within walking distance
- Fantastic lobby, spectacular and CLEAN
- I had an upgraded room (small premium over the reasonably priced standard room)...it was huge, very clean and very comfortable
- Very quiet room, great climate control, fantastic free wi-fi
- Housekeeping had my room clean while I shot down to breakfast each morning
- Nice, typical buffet breakfast
- Buffet at dinner was very nice, high quality foods and fresh. Price was reasonable versus other buffet dinners in China
- Italian restaurant was a nice break if not a bit too expensive

Minuses:
- Not much to report, perhaps the restaurant costs (Japanese and Italian) looked quite high

Overall, a fantastic hotel. Clean and well-kept with friendly, efficient staff. Recommended!

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade...was only 90RMB per night more when I stayed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I just came back from my first business trip to China and my first stay at the Sheraton Dongguan. This great hotel was my home away from home for my entire 3 weeks stay. Wonderful staff and great customer service. The room was large with very comfortable bed, large bathroom and all the comfort. I eat an exclusive raw vegan diet and before the trip I was a bit worried that I have to adapt more to the local food. It was no need to worry. I met Lisa, the restaurant manager who friendly greet me in my first day at the Sheraton. After I mentioned my diet she gladly offered to special order my meals to the kitchen and prepare me raw vegan dishes. I was delighted. She's amazing and made my life a lot more joyful for my entire stay. I was very impressed also with the professionalism of the food manager assistant, Soler. She's such a detailed oriented person and always makes sure everyone is been taken good care. She was extremely respectful, polite and helpful with a lot of wisdom. We always had a great fun conversation. All the stuff is very good, friendly and professional. I can't wait to return next time. I highly recommend this hotel for a business or pleasure trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your first stay experience at our hotel.

We will also share your very good comments on Lisa and Soler and I am sure they will be very please to know your comments and acknowledgement of their attentiveness and excellent services.

Burlington
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have been coming to the Dongguan Sheraton Hotel since it open . As I stay an average of 70 to 80 nights a year the Sheraton Dongguan Hotel has Become my second home , I really enjoyed all my stay , I never experience any problem . All the staff from the restaurants ,the front desk ,the concierge ,the bar , the cleaning staff ,etc. ….are great people genuinely friendly and always ready to serve you with a smile. I also emphasized that the upper management have been very professional , courteous and very caring for their guests . All the restaurant are great and offer an excellent food variety for all taste buds , the rooms are always clean and comfortable, love the new gym and the pool . I highly recommended the Dongguan Sheraton hotel for anyone who want to have a great stay with comfort. I’ll be back .
Francois E. from Burlington Canada

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013

Hickory, NC
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I highly recommend the Sheraton Dongguan for facilities and service. It has a great pool and fitness center with very well appointed rooms. The bar and restaurant facilities are very good and the staff friendly and attentive. I particularly liked the breakfast buffet with a good mix of Asian (loved the dumplings) and Western selections. The location is good for getting around although road construction in the area slows things down a bit. Overall a very well run hotel that I would definately stay at again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013

We will be delighted to share your very positive feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests. We will continue to improve on our hardware to bring more comfort and enjoyment when staying with us. We are pleased to know that our newly renovated Fitness Center exceeded your expectations.

As for the breakfast variety, there are over 100 different varieties covering both international and local palate and our buffet breakfast is very popular and well received by all our guests.