“A beautiful hotel at a good location”

Lujiang Harborview Hotel
Ranked #23 of 1,269 Hotels in Xiamen
Hong Kong, China
“A beautiful hotel at a good location”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Conveniently located on Lujiang Road. Beautiful Room, modern, nicely decorated. Staff were helpful and professional. Must try the restaurant on top floor, beautiful sea view and nice food. Nothing to complain. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
New Zealand
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel oozes charm and elegance of the turn of the century. The room was large and well appointed. We have a room looking at the sea and Gulang Yu Islet. It was a great vantage point to see the ferries go back and forwards and buzz of traffic and people passing by. The window is double blazed so we have no problem having a quiet night sleep. The concierge was very helpful and knowledgeable with our travel arrangement. They google on the Chinese website for information for us. The hotel is next to the Zhong Shan shopping Mall so it is so convenient to have a carefree walk.
The breakfast was great. I had smoke duck breast on one morning! The restaurant on the top floor really disappoints us. Ordered 3 dishes and 2 of the dishes were lost in translation. The pork chops dish turn out to be pork loin with 80% fat and the other dish of chicken was 70% bone! I certainly was not expecting this from a restaurant of a top class hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very accessible to gulangyu island and Zhongshan road (it is actually the street beside the hotel).

We booked the business room on our first night but decided to go for an upgrade in our next 2 nights. The room though on a smaller side is actually good for adults travelling but with a son in tow, we wanted a more spacious room so we switched to a deluxe suite. It is huge with a very nice bathroom. A good view of the sea from the room. Ü

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank igme416
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was told by a friend that hotel is old. Maybe so, but inside, everything feels new. Room is nicely decorated - elegant and good sized rooms. Breakfast is good with a wide variety to choose from. The only thing I didn't like with our room was there was no view but I'm sure they have rooms where you can see Gulangyu Island. Ferry to Gulangyu Island is just across the street. All the staff in the hotel are helpful and attentive. Money Exchange at the front desk is better than in other banks outside the hotel. Good shopping and food around the hotel!
And drinks in the mini bar are free.

Room Tip: Front Desk Staff give in to requests of room choice so ask for what you want.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Chinafanatic
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nicely remodeled rooms, and common areas made this a great stay. Cold airconditioning hot water and free wifi. We did have a glitch with the room on our second night but the hotel staff allowed us to move to another room without hassle. Friendly attentive staff. Nice but not overly expansive selection of food on the buffet. No real bar or lounge so evening happy hour was in the restaurant. Will definitely stay here next time.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water have a nice balcony, make sure to request a non-smoking if you aren't a s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim B
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 13, 2013

It’s very interesting that I happened to stay at this hotel just because I had a small problem with the hotel that I booked initially on my first night of stay. I’ll comment that hotel later on. I immediately booked Lujiang Hotel online and moved to this hotel the other day. I like this hotel very much. The location is good, can walk to the hilarious Zhongshan Road in 5 minutes. Very professional and friendly front desk staff, like a business hotel, and the room (Executive Room) was comfortable with a nice view of the city. Breakfast was good too! The pier for ferries to the Gulang Yu Island is just within walking distance. I’ll stay here again when I travel Xiamen next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is probably the perfect location for tourists visiting Xiamen. It's situated just across the road from the ferry terminal to Gulangyu and also at the end of Zhongshan Road, which is where the night market is.

The hotel itself is very clean and well maintained. I booked a Business room, but I was a little disappointed to find that the room had absolutely no view, and as it was facing the wall of the next building there was no natural light at all. Apart from that I was quite pleased with the room itself. There was a comfortable three-seater sofa, but unfortunately no desk at which you could sit to work with a laptop etc. You would have expected that in a room that was marketed for business travellers. The minibar was stocked with free soft drinks and beer which were replenished every day. There is free Wi-Fi and wired internet, which worked fine. The bed was very comfortable, with good quality Egyptian cotton linen.

The only hotel restaurant I tried was the evening buffet, which cost CNY174 (about USD28). The food was reasonable quality, but is very much aimed at Chinese guests. As a westerner, I still found enough to eat, but I don't think I would have gone back a second time.

The English language ability of the staff was not so good, but they did try hard and were friendly enough. I had a late evening flight on my last day but they wouldn't let me extend my checkout beyond 12 noon. Maybe that was simply because they were fully booked.

There is a free shuttle bus to take you to/from the airport, which was nice to have.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo