“A top class hotel well located”
Review of Pan Pacific Xiamen

Ranked #5 of 1,269 Hotels in Xiamen
NZ
“A top class hotel well located”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My fifth visit to this hotel and there are definite reasons why I continue to return. It is a modern hotel that is very well appointed. The rooms are all spacious with excellent beds, large modern bathrooms and a very good work space as well. I find the service extremely friendly and helpful. Any questions I may have are well considered and the answers generally helpful. The location of the hotel is good, within short walking distance of some very nice cafes and restaurants. Within the hotel there are its own restaurants and cafes that serve good, well presented food at good rates.
I initially tried other hotels but since coming here I have no inclination to go anywhere else. I would recommend this hotel whether travelling for business like I do or if just seeking a modern hotel with a good atmosphere. Xiamen is well worth a visit and the Pan-Pacific Xiamen is where I will happily go to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MadeBlunt
ppxmn, Director of Rooms Operations at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, September 9, 2009
Dear Sir

Thank you for your continuous support of Pan Pacific Xiamen as your prefered accommodation choice when you are in Xiamen.

Your opinions about our hotel’s location, facilities & services, expressed here on this website, are greatly appreciated, especially as you mention some of the things that are most important to our guests.

We are fortunate to constantly receive positive comments about our quality beds & bedding, because, we believe a great night’s sleep is one of the keys to both our business - and to yours!

We are glad you enjoy our rooms and hope that you have found our new ergonomically designed desk chairs to be a nice compliment to the room’s working area.

Thank you for highlighting the excellent location of Pan Pacific Xiamen. A good location is important for any busy business traveller and there is nothing like being able to walk just a few minutes to the vibrant lakeside café strip or to the lively bars & restaurants of the nearby seaside park.

Your kind comments about our staff associates have been shared with our team as recognition of their efforts & as encouragement for us to keep trying to achieve our best for the benefits of all our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen.

Yours Sincerely

Richard Murphy
Director of Rooms Operations
Pan Pacific Xiamen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Indiana USA
Reviewed September 6, 2009

The old saying "There is no place like home" is always true. But when staying at the Pan Pacific the staff is always courteous and goes the extra mile to make my stay as comfortable as possible. It is always a pleasure coming to Xiamen and staying at the Pan Pacific, the room is spacious the bed is extremely comfortable and you feel important because of the treatment from the staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank LVoris
ppxmn, Director of Rooms Operations at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, September 7, 2009
Dear Mr Voris

We were delighted to read your review of Pan Pacific Xiamen on Tripadvisor. We appreciate that during your very hectic business schedule you can rely on us to make you feel at home. Thank you for your comments.

We aim is to provide the most seamless hotel experience for all our guests every time and making sure they get a good night’s sleep is one of the keys to the success of our business.

Our beds at Pan Pacific Xiamen are special.

The combination of quality bedding, including a box spring with mattress complimented by a super comfortable over mattress, enhances the sleep experience. Our fluffy duvets and super white cotton pillows help to complete the picture. This all combines, allowing our guests to awake refreshed and ready for their day ahead.

We are pleased to know you find our rooms to be spacious but most importantly we wish to thank you for your kind words about our hotel’s greatest asset: our staff. Your compliments are both recognition of our efforts and encouragement for us to continue to try our best to offer all our guests the very best possible hospitality experience every time.

It is always our pleasure to welcome you and your esteemed business associates to Pan Pacific Xiamen. We are looking forward to being of service to you again very soon.

Yours Sincerely

Richard Murphy
Director of Rooms Operations
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Superficially shiny and "designer" but the staff are badly trained, their English language skills are below par, and I generally found them to be supercillious and on some occasions downright rude. Room service was slow, the food indifferent, the cost of room service higher than other Xiamen hotels. The coridoor layout was confusing and a fire would be disasterous. Check out was inefficient and impersonal. I would not use this hotel again. I would suggest the Marco polo around the corner to be a much better choice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Summer_rain28
Ekeren
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Great hotel for business, holiday, and business meeting.

• Liked — room ambience, retaurant, location
  • Disliked — spa !
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Siyaaarya
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Stay for 3 night here over two times, The room is nice, though a bit bland.
What stand out here is the food, the breakfast is good with different fruit , then other hotels I have stayed at. The Chines restaurant is one of the best I tried in China, Dim sum fantastic. Had to wait for it, but worth it, fresh and warm, and cheap to. The pool is outside , and not heated, to cold to use in early April. We went travelling and left the suitcase the for 2 days, which were no problem.

Stayed April 2009
2 Thank Galapita
Singapore
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I had a bad experience with Sofitel Shanghai but this hotel is the complete opposite. Upon reaching the hotel, the Reception was very professional in handling our check in. She even recommended that we take the Club Floor rooms so that we can enjoy more comfort for a small fee. I have to thank her for that as I love the room. The room is on the 20th floor. The bed and pillows put me to deep sleep every night. The room is spacious with a walk in wardrobe area separated by a glass panel. A sheer curtain is placed at the glass panel in case someone walk and bang onto the clear glass. The bathroom has a spacious standing shower as well as a tub. You need not worry about water splashing out as there are several glass panels surrounding both shower areas. Water tempearture is easy to control and the standing shower has a rain shower. The water pressure is very good. I love the laundry line provided. TV has many channels to choose from and you can adjust the air-con temperature easily. Housekeeping is fantastic. My room is extremely clean. Thank you for 2 complimentary bottles of drinking water daily. Breakfast can be taken at the 3rd floor cafe or at the Sofitel Club on the 28th Floor. Both are fine except that the freshly brewed coffee at the Club floor taste better. 3rd floor breakfast has a noodle soup which attracts me and my family. Light and tasty with several ingredients to choose from. Only prepared when you order so it is hot and fresh. Service at the 3rd floor cafe is unfortunately, quite slow and inattentive. Otherwise, all other services are great. I went to the Sofitel Club twice at 5pm to get a coffee and some light snacks (eg. sushi, cookies, chicken wing, cheese with smoked chicken, mini pizza, sausage roll, fruit, pastries etc). It was not bad. They had a skewer of prune wrapped with bacon as well. Sounds weird but the taste is very unique. On the other side of the Sofitel Club is a reading area with computer and small meeting rooms. I did see some small and cozy lakeside cafes but I wonder how should I cross over to the opposite side from the hotel as there is a barrier in the middle. It is within walking distance but I did not try. Upon entering the hotel, there is nice cafe on the right which serves coffee and cakes. The decor looks good but I did not get the chance to try. I highly recommend this hotel although some may feel that the location is not ideal. Do not worry, taxi is quite cheap and plentiful in Xiamen.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank funtraveller76
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Stayed for 4 nights at this hotel during the Chinese New Year with my family. As I am an Advantage Plus member, was able to get member rates at this hotel and was impressed the moment we checked in.

Service was top grade from the concierge to the reception to the housekeepers and even the driver who picked us up from the airport. The room was spacious with a good working desk which is critical for me as I normally travel with my laptop for work. The room I was allocated even has a separate area for dressing and the "cupboard" was actually like a walk in wardrobe, something very impressive.

What was a thoughtful gesture was there was an umbrella in every room which my Dad misplaced and was made to pay RMB 75 (very expensive umbrella indeed). The bed was big and comfy and since I like my bed to be a bit hard, the bed is simply marvellous.

The bathroom was adequately sized with moderm amenities, a separate shower area and bath tub to soak in after a long day out.

There are 2 restaurants at the hotel which I had breakfast in the Western style restaurant which I have to admit was not really impressive by Asian standards but way above the rest compared to those buffets in hotels in other part of China. It was a bit steep for RMB 125. The Chinese restaurant that serve Cantonese cuisine on the 4th floor is excellent and probably serve one of the best roast pork (suckling pig) that I have tasted. Prices was reasonable for a 5 star hotel and given my Advantage Plus membership, was given a good discount. Had dinner there for 2 nights and loved the food very much and of course the top grade service. Only hiccups was that there is no "Non smoking area" in the restaurant which makes me felt very uncomfortable. Glad that the staff put us in a corner, away from the smoke.

The other minor problem about this hotel is the location which was definitely not within walking distance to any shopping area but catching a cab was easy and cheap. Not much amenities around the area with only KFC next door and a small convenience store next to the hotel too.

Overall this hotel deserved its good ratings and reviews. Loved every minute of it!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family