“Hell of a Good Hotel.”

Ranked #5 of 1,273 Hotels in Xiamen
Adelaide, Australia
“Hell of a Good Hotel.”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just came back from a business trip from Xiamen, China. We stayed at Pan Pacific for 4 nights and I must admit the service levels were well above my expectations. From the bellboys to the Restaurant waiters they all try their best to service with a big smile... I loved this 'Can Do' attitude. The rooms are very modern kind of small but it is good for 4 days stay.
One thing I must mention that there is a Steak Restaurant and if you like the red meat you should definetely try it. We cannot find this quality Australian Meat in Australia!!!! I had a T Bone steak and it was cooked to perfection and the quality meat as I said was just SUPERB.
It is expensive but you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed several times in Xiamen over the last year of which 3 times in the Pan Pacific. Being a rookie to this brand I had no idea what to expect, but this hotel has the full package... Great service, nice rooms, good breakfast and the location is perfect.... Walking distance to many restaurants and bars... No complaints!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive feedback on your recent stay at our property.

We all are delighted to know that all aspects of your stay with us met your expectations. These acknowledgements will definitely encourage us to try even harder to offer all our guests the very best possible experience at all times.

We look forward to welcoming your return to Pan Pacific Xiamen in the near future.

Warmeset Regards,

hong kong
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as it was convenient for the work I had to do, but realised it wasn't much more convenient than other hotels in the area.

It was basically business orientated as far as I could make out. The room was clean and tidy. A lot of glass partitioning instead of wardrobes (walk in). The bathroom was different in that it was partitioned by glass which separated shower from bath from main area.

Reception was pretty standard no nonsense check in and check out. Concierge was more friendly and the door men were always on their toes.

The breakfast buffet was normal and the staff ok. On the second day I walked in for breakfast and was greeted warmly and asked if I wanted tea or coffee. Communication failure as a short while later I asked again. I finally received it from one of the serving girls who I had a minute before observed clearing her nose with her fingers and wiping them on a cloth on the coffee counter area. Not impressed.

Room Tip: I overlooked the harbour although it was foggy it was fine-- The part of that area of hotel I utili...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to provide a feedback on your recent stay at our property.

We are disappointed to hear about the waitress hygiene and service sense in the breakfast venue. Your comment has been forwarded to our Director of Restaurants, Bars and Restaurant Manager to conduct further training for our associates.

Once again, thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Covina, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights here and I must say, it was a pleasant stay. It exceeded my expectations. I am definitely coming back here on my next trip to Xiamen.

I even forgot some of my cloth at the hotel and they were really quick to get a hold of me with my belongings!

I could not ask for anything better in a hotel. Well priced, fast internet, great mini office setup in my room, and there were no issues communicating in english with any of the staff.

Loved it, simple as that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We all are delighted to know that most aspects of your stay with us met your expectations. We have indeed very talented team who are very proud of what they do and it will be our pleasure to share your very positive experience with every one of our team members.

Ningbo, China
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although 5 starred it possibly doesn't rate as much. Having said that it is a great hotel in this tourist city. The service is excellent and the staff speak good English - a rare thing outside of Beijing and shanghai. One of the nice things about the location is a great walk up the hill behind through forest and with glimpses of the bay.
If your catching a train do check your ticket - Xiamen stn is 20 mins ride from the hotel but Xiamen Bei ( north station) is a good 25 km further away and you will need another 35-40 mins by cab t get there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bishwadeep B
JGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest

It is always an honor to receive feedback related to the quality of service. The team at Pan Pacific Xiamen joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We arrived via from Hong Kong to be in this coastal city of Xiamen for Stone Fair. To be honest I was not expecting anything special after our brilliant experience in Four Season, but I was wrong!!! I am not saying it is better than Four Season not even near, but their service delivery as good as it gets. Our room did not have the view just looking over the mountains nothing special. The room itself is good but not as good as I thought I would get but again it is not fair to compare it with one of the best hotels in the world.
The bellboys are incredibly friendly and they really tried their best to get a taxi for us to go to Convention Centre. I understand the city was full because of this Stone Fair and it was so difficult to get a cab all day long.
They have a Steak Restaurant on the fourt floor and our suppliers took us there first night. They serve incredibly high rated Australian Beef which is so good and we had to go back for the second round before we left Xiamen.
Overall we would highly recommend this hotel and we will definetely consider staying at Pan Pacific when we are back in May to pick up our orders.

Room Tip: If you are a meat LOVER go try their Steak Restaurant. It is expensive but it is worth every penny.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BLORKE
JGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest

It is great pleasure to hear your positive feedback of our hotel services particularly our Concierge Department. We also thank you for your compliment of our newest restaurant "Marble Steakhouse". These acknowledgments will definitely encourage us to try even harder to offer all our guests the very best possible experience at all times.

Once again, thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen in May.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Pan Pacific several times, probably around 60 nights in total. The quality of the service and cleanliness is absolutely consistent. The personnel would do whatever you need and in a nick of time. I wonder how much time is spent for their training. The buffet restaurant is good, though the taste is too plain, perhaps this is necessary to accommodate everybody's palate, as they have guests from all over the world. John, the restaurant manager, is a very nice guy, friendly and helpful. The service on the highest floors is top notch.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
JGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest

It is great pleasure to hear your positive feedback of our John, Caesar’s on 3 Assistant Manager. We have indeed very talented team who are very proud of what they do and it will be our pleasure to share your very positive experience with every one of our team members.

Once again, thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen in near future.