Pan Pacific Xiamen
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
$56
Trip.com
All reviewssteak restaurantcoffee streetclub floorsame levelrecent staybreakfast buffetstayed for nightswould highly recommend this hotelbusiness tripother hotelshome away from homestar hotelfront officemarco poloupon checkbusiness or pleasureenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although 5 starred it possibly doesn't rate as much. Having said that it is a great hotel in this tourist city. The service is excellent and the staff speak good English - a rare thing outside of Beijing and shanghai. One of the nice things about the location is a great walk up the hill behind through forest and with glimpses of the bay.
If your catching a train do check your ticket - Xiamen stn is 20 mins ride from the hotel but Xiamen Bei ( north station) is a good 25 km further away and you will need another 35-40 mins by cab t get there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bishwadeep B
JGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is always an honor to receive feedback related to the quality of service. The team at Pan Pacific Xiamen joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts.

Once again, thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We arrived via from Hong Kong to be in this coastal city of Xiamen for Stone Fair. To be honest I was not expecting anything special after our brilliant experience in Four Season, but I was wrong!!! I am not saying it is better than Four Season not even near, but their service delivery as good as it gets. Our room did not have the view just looking over the mountains nothing special. The room itself is good but not as good as I thought I would get but again it is not fair to compare it with one of the best hotels in the world.
The bellboys are incredibly friendly and they really tried their best to get a taxi for us to go to Convention Centre. I understand the city was full because of this Stone Fair and it was so difficult to get a cab all day long.
They have a Steak Restaurant on the fourt floor and our suppliers took us there first night. They serve incredibly high rated Australian Beef which is so good and we had to go back for the second round before we left Xiamen.
Overall we would highly recommend this hotel and we will definetely consider staying at Pan Pacific when we are back in May to pick up our orders.

Room Tip: If you are a meat LOVER go try their Steak Restaurant. It is expensive but it is worth every penny.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BLORKE
JGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest

It is great pleasure to hear your positive feedback of our hotel services particularly our Concierge Department. We also thank you for your compliment of our newest restaurant "Marble Steakhouse". These acknowledgments will definitely encourage us to try even harder to offer all our guests the very best possible experience at all times.

Once again, thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen in May.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've been to Pan Pacific several times, probably around 60 nights in total. The quality of the service and cleanliness is absolutely consistent. The personnel would do whatever you need and in a nick of time. I wonder how much time is spent for their training. The buffet restaurant is good, though the taste is too plain, perhaps this is necessary to accommodate everybody's palate, as they have guests from all over the world. John, the restaurant manager, is a very nice guy, friendly and helpful. The service on the highest floors is top notch.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
JGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest

It is great pleasure to hear your positive feedback of our John, Caesar’s on 3 Assistant Manager. We have indeed very talented team who are very proud of what they do and it will be our pleasure to share your very positive experience with every one of our team members.

Once again, thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen in near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at the PP in Xiamen in Januray 2013. This is my fourth visit to this hotel and I believe that the excellent service is getting better each time.

I arranged a car from the airport and was met by a uniformed concierge who spoke great English, and taken to the hotel where staff knew that I had stayed there before.
The check in process was very fast and friendly. My room was great, well equipped and with a good view of the mountain. Cleanliness was excellent. WiFi internet in the rooms but at a cost of 60RMB per day.
Breakfast is good and the service excellent, I'd say that the choice of western food was somewhat less than in previous years but still good.
The Hai Tien Lo Chinese restaurant was excellent both in terms of the quality of the food and the attentive, friendly and informative service. Staff even stopped me ordering too much!
The new Marble steakhouse was good and the service great, I was a little disappointed that the baked potato served with my steak seemed to have been microwaved, but otherwise the food was excellent, if a little pricey.
I'll certainly return to the PP XMN next time I travel there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Conrad668
JGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Guest

It is great pleasure to hear your positive feedback of our Concierge associate. We have indeed very talented team who are very proud of what they do and it will be our pleasure to share your very positive experience with every one of our team members.

We would invite you to join in our membership program, GHA Discovery, on your next visit to enjoy its benefits which includes complimentary internet access. You may visit the website of GHA for more information or approach our Front Desk upon your next arrival to enroll into the program.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was our second time here in Xiamen to receive our orders. It is incredible that they do everything right. Housekeepers are just terrific. I once told her that I need extra towels and it was delivered everyday during our stay. The service in the Club Lounge is just out of this world. They know who you are what you drink and what you read everytime and incredibly polite. We were really looked after by all of the staff.The hotel itself is not the biggest or flashiest in town. I don't think It aims to be and it doesn't try to compete with new hotels on these tangibles. Rather they must compete on something more timeless which is creating experiences and memories for life for their customers.
We travel all over the world and the service in this hotel is up there with the best.
We highly recommend this hotel for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Pay little bit more and stay in The Club Floor. You will see what I was talking about the service....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive feedback on your second stay with us.

It is great pleasure to hear your positive feedback of our Pacific Club. We have indeed very talented team who are very proud of what they do and it will be our pleasure to share your very positive experience with every one of our team members.