“All in all a good experience, but my non-smoking room actually smells of cig smoke... sigh” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pan Pacific Xiamen

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #3 of 1,251 Hotels in Xiamen
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed in this hotel about 6 years ago, when it was still a Sofitel. I'd say that the decor hasn't changed much, and Pan Pacific Xiamen retains most of the look of the old Sofitel. This is a shame, as the decor then was geared towards a French flair, given that Sofitel is French owned. Pan Pacific, being Singapore-owned but of Japanese origins, could have worked harder in presenting a unique feel to this outfit.

This hotel actually has a good location, near many of the business buildings and in the central, financial district of Xiamen, one of the economic powerhouses in China. There is also a street full of cafes near the hotel, with a good view of the sea and the beautiful Gulangyu islet not far away. With the weather so agreeable in Xiamen, I think this must be one of the most chic and beautiful spots in Xiamen to mingle with the fashionable and most pretty people in the city!

The rooms however show some wear and tear. You can see some rustings, and some cracks and chips here and there, but the overall look remains presentable. Internet speed was adequate and the room size was acceptable. Concierge and front-desk service was pretty good, and you can see that they're trying their best to please guests.

Yet something marred all these good points - my non-smoking room was full of cigarette smoke smell on the first night of my stay! I can understand that the Chinese clientele usually doesn't care about whether a room is smoking or non-smoking, so they will smoke regardless and cause the smell to stink the whole central, air-con system. I feel that this isn't truly the fault of the hotel, but it's a shame nonetheless.

As I did not pay an arm and a leg for my room, I suppose there isn't much which did not truly meet my expectations. This is a good, business hotel which provides all the necessary amenities for any international business traveller, and I do think if they continue charging such competitive rates, business travellers will feel compelled to try this hotel out.

Room Tip: Join their GHA Membership programme, you get free internet as a result!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sal the Fat Fish
, EAM-Rooms at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your last visit to Pan Pacific Xiamen!

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. It is through continuous feedback from guests such as you that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services to ensure that they meet our guests’ expectations as well as our own standards of excellence.

We hope to welcome you back to Xiamen and to Pan Pacific!

Pan Pacific Xiamen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

The personnel are perfect and so friendly, sociable and helpful that makes you feel very welcome and important.
The service and facilities are perfect and atmosphere is so pleasant that you feel much better than your home.
The rooms make your stay delightful as the cleanliness is excellent, the smell very pleasant and the decoration so successful that you want to stay there for ever.
The restaurants and bars are excellent and the menu selection and services perfect. You can have delicious meals in all restaurants and very pleasant time in all bars.

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect. The view is excellent
, EAM-Rooms at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guest during your last visit to Xiamen. We trust that you had a safe and pleasant trip home.

It is always an honour to receive feedback related to the quality of service. The team at Pan Pacific Xiamen joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts.

Again, thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. It would be a pleasure to see you again at our hotel in the not too distant future.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed at this hotel 8 days ago, and from the guest services to bell boys, everyone was very friendly, in fact they managed to memorize my name and call me by first name. We stayed at the executive floor and was able to use the amenities on top floor, and no matter when we went, we were offered drinks by lovely staff upstairs.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in Xiamen. I know that this type of service is common in China, but I stayed in other hotels in other cities, but I did not feel as welcome as I felt in Pan Pacific. My only complaint was that the pillows were too low for my taste, but since they provide two pairs of feather pillows in addition to other pillows, I was able to adjust the height to my taste. It is better to have 4 flatter pillows than 2 thick pillows that you cannot adjust.

The touch-card access was also great, you did not have to fiddle with your wallet, trying to get the card out and put in the slot, especially when you are in an elevator. I just tapped my wallet, and off we went to the lounge and our rooms. Excellent technology.

Pictures will follow..

, EAM-Rooms at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Pan Pacific Xiamen!

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your visit and thank you for taking the effort to share your memorable experience with us. It is always so rewarding to know that our efforts to provide exceptional services and experiences are appreciated. We will share your recognition with the various departments.

In regards to the softness of the pillows in the room, please be informed that we have several options of pillows available, and we would be glad to offer and record your preference in our guest profile for future stays.

Again, thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us. We hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen in the near future!

Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have been staying here since its opening as a Sofitel....now a Pan Pacific. I travel to all corners of the world and always enjoy coming back to the Pan Pacific, Xiamen. The staff will make you feel welcome and go above and beyond your expectations.

I would highly recommend upgrading to the Club Level... definitely worth it.

Enjoy your stay.

, EAM-Rooms at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Pan Pacific Xiamen, yoour 'home away from home'!

It is indeed so wonderful to read such positive comments.

We are pleased to know that your stays with us has always been wonderful and memorable, and we are glad that you also enjoy the products and services offerred at our Pacific Club.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences with us, and we hope to welcome you home again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

Good quality experience with good service and great views. Club staff were always helpful. Convenient to bar/cofee street by the lakeside.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TechnoProf
, Director of Rooms at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences with us.

We are pleased to learn that you had a memorable stay with us, and your positive comments have been shared with the Pacific Club team.

We hope to welcome you back to Xiamen and to the Hotel.

Director of Rooms
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

Our flight delay was an absolute nightmare, no thanks to the appalling service provided by Silkair and its employees who arranged our hotel accomodation - i shant bore you guys with details of their incompetencies!

For my lack of a better word, I would say that our one night stay in Pan Pacific Xiamen was simply fabulous. All in all, the design of the hotel is rather sleek and modern; the rooms are clean, nice and spacious; we had our buffet dinner as well as breakfast at the Caesar's, of which the selection was pretty impressive -- everything that you'd expect from a hotel of decent standing. Nevertheless, it was the hotel staffs that made our stay memorable.

Special mention must be given to the hotel staffs because they were exceptionally effective and friendly. Ms Chooi Li LOO who spoke with us before we were shuttled back to the airport, was warm and extremely thoughtful. The checking-in was such a breeze, it was fast and easy (the fact that the staffs were able to communicate well in english helped tremendously). My grandma who travelled with us, was on a wheelchair and she was suitably taken care of by the attentive staffs. Wouldn't have to think twice about accomodation the next time I'm here again in Xiamen.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

Stayed in one of the suites which was quite spacious and reasonably priced. Rooms quite dark as the lighting is all ambient style.

The seemed to be an absence of bell boys and doormen so no assistance provided with luggage or hailing taxis.

Stayed on the club room floor with its own lounge which was quite spacious and comfortable.

Generally the staff were friendly and welcoming.

The location is fairly central.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, Director of Rooms at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Pan Pacific Xiamen. Trust you have a safe journey home.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us overall. We appreciate the feedback on the lack of presence of Bell boys to assist with taxis and luggage, and we will look into the matter seriously for further improvement. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenienced that we may have caused.

I thank you for your time taken to share your experiences with us. We hope to welcome you to Xiamen and to Pan Pacific again in the near future!

Chooi Li LOO