“Comfort Of Stay”

Ranked #8 of 1,275 Hotels in Xiamen
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Cheerful front desk service staff and comfort of in room facility made it a quality stay for my business trip. Flexibility for late check out allow me to maximize my business trip. good for business and leisure indeed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Quality A, Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest:

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern. we appreciate that you satisfy with the service of Front Desk. We will pass your kindly word to our team.

There are newer reviews for Pullman Xiamen Powerlong

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I understand that the property is 14 years old, has been a Pullman for three years. The 'lakeside' location should be a bonus, but the lake in reality seems to be an inlet of the sea - without much tidal action, ... so it gets a little smelly at times. There are walkways around the lake that one can take - pleasant enough. The hotel itself is very standard Pullman fare. Predominantly catering to local tastes/guests. The bed is very comfortable, the windows do open, there is a pool (quite a good size, though a little cool for me) and spa (very overpriced). There is also a spa club 200 metres away on the lake side, together with KTV, various clubs, bars, restaurants - to get there, turn right out of the hotel entrance, along to the lake side, turn right again along the lake-side path and you'll see (and probably hear) it on the right. Nothing really to write home about, yet nothing intrinsically wrong with it. Just a little too functional and lacking in sparkle.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Xiamen Powerlong. We are pleased to read that you love the walkways around the lake. We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback such as pool temperature and lacking in sparkle are very important to us.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel is well located in Xiamen. Staff is professional, the rooms are comfortable, quiet, fast internet connection. The breakfast is good with both Chinese and Western food, I will stay again next time I am coming to Xiamen

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Quality A, Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Guest:

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and in the meantime, if I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Aric Chen

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed 4 nights in this hotel. Excellent service, hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, wifi speed was good and food in Chi restaurant was tasty. Convenient location, walking distance to the lake and local stores.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Checked in on the 2nd of March 2014, and will only check out on Saturday (8th of March 2014)

First night, I arrived xiamen and checked in late, couldnt be bothered with the 'not so cold' air con.

Second night, complained to them saying that the room is hot. They sent a junior technician to fiddle the control, and said tat everything is ok. After 30 mins, we find no improvement, aircon still not cooling. We complained to them again, they sent a senior technician. The senior technician said 'oh, we didnt on the central aircon unit for the rooms'. We then insist them to turn it on as the room is stuffy and we couldnt get a good nights sleep. They did and the aircon starts to work.

Third night, we still find the airconditioner abit hot, not as cool as the second night, but still acceptable.

Fourth night, very hot and stuffy. We complained to them, they said they wont switch on the airconditioner and asks us to open the window instead.

Very disappointed with pullman and accor group. How can a 5 star international hotel save on airconditioning? And biggest joke is to ask us to open the windows instead of switching on the central cooling unit!

Other issues include:
Replacement of only 1 towel despite having 2 guests in the room

We were checked in at 3rd floor despite requesting for a non smoking and high floor. 3rd floor is where the ballroom and connectivity lounge located. Reason they gave is: 3rd floor is the only non smoking floor. This means non smoking guest will be getting lots of noises from the road.

Poor poor service. I still have 2 more nights to go. And i do not know how am i going to sleep well with such hot and stuffy room.

Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: March 2014
Quality A, Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear JumboWambo (Mr Julian HA),

Thank you for taking the time to bring to our attention the problem you have encountered during your visit at the Pullman Xiamen Powerlong. We would like to express once again our most sincere apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. We are sorry that our Duty Engineer didn’t provide an acceptable solution for you. Despite the intervention of our Engineering Department on the first evening, you mention that the room temperature was still not to your satisfaction. We definitely should have ensured that your feedback be channeled to the relevant Department Heads. Rest assured we have made the necessary corrections to avoid this communication problem to occur in the future.

As concurred when we had the pleasure to meet you, it is nevertheless regrettable that we have not been made aware of your dissatisfaction until the end of your stay and without alerting any of our Guest Service Managers directly. The problem could have been very easily solved with a timely room change on the second day.

We sincerely hope that the inconvenience suffered will not impair your confidence in Pullman Hotels & Resorts, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you plan a future stay in Xiamen, it will be pleasure to ensure that your future stay with us will be a memorable one.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Very good service, I stay in this hotel every time I visit Xiamen. Staff proved to be very responsive: once I had problems with bathroom equipment and they changed the room with upgrade for me.
1. Very Good location, central, surrounded by park, 10 minutes to the sea shore.
2. Clean, well furnished rooms (make sure the bathroom equipment is working properly though), very good view.
3. Very professional staff: attentive to details, friendly, honest: once the bought me tickets and kept change till my next visit in two months!
4. Good breakfast and lunch, nice lobby bar.

Overall I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Quality A, Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guest:

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. We appreciate your consistent support and welcome you back in the very near future. In the meantime, if I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed there twice on business and with family. Front office staff needs lots of training. Checked in was slow as they are more interested to sell breakfast due to my double occupancy. They surely need to improve on their way of dealing with customers. Do not hard sell. Guest service officers were not very friendly. Just stood in the lobby and just like dolly. If I have another visit, I will not stay at this hotel. Room size small, toilet floor tiles are old and need lots of maintenance. Shower OK. Breakfast not impressive.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Quality A, Guest Experience Manager at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to bring to our attention the problem you have encountered during your visit at the Pullman Xiamen Powerlong. We would like to express our most sincere apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate you sharing your concerns and in the meantime, if I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Aric Chen