“Great hotel though location is not ideal”

Pullman Xiamen Powerlong
Ranked #6 of 1,273 Hotels in Xiamen
Singapore, Singapore
“Great hotel though location is not ideal”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

thoroughly enjoyed my 2 nights stay in Pullman Xiamen Powerlong. was given a room facing Yuandang Lake, simply loved the scenic view from my room. bed was comfortable, room was clean and service was excellent. hotel is not near major tourist attractions, the surrounding area is quite quiet at night and getting a cab can be a problem at times but public buses are readily available at 1 RMB per ride just outside the hotel. Recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here because I got a free night from Accor membership. The hotel is great except the breakfast is very lousy. The KTV club next door is very noisy. There is nothing surrounding the hotel, so you have to take the taxi to have meal.

The Accor membership is REALLY USELESS. The price is really not that cheap, you can get a better price without the card. The card ABSOLUTELY MEANS NOTHING TO the hotel. You do not got special treatment from the hotel. The free night that they promise you is so hard to get, you get only the hotel at the far far away place. ABSOLUTELY USELESS, Please do not waste your money on this kind of membership.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ben L, Manager at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Kaleris:
Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong. We are sorry that the poor experience you had been: please allow us to express our sincerest apologizes.
It is through feedbacks such as yours that we can improve the consistency and levels of our service delivery and implement the relevant corrective processes in order for this problem not to occur again in the future.
Thanks again for choosing Pullman Xiamen Powerlong and we look forward you give us one more chance to serve you once you come back to Xiamen.
Singapore
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the Executive Room for 3 nights. The service was great. Friendly Colin from the conciege fetched us from the airport. We received a warm welcome from our welcomer, Jennifier. The ever helpful Joe helped us with our tour bookings. Room was spacious, tastefully decorated and offered nice views of the city. The executive lounge was great too..the young lady ( I did not get her name )there was friendly and helpful. She found out that we are from Singapore and helped us to get a copy of Straits Times ( Singapore newspaper ) for our reading pleasure. Free Wifi is available in the rooms.

The only thing I do not like about this hotel is the location..it may not be far away from town but it is a nightmare to get the taxi to bring you to this hotel during peak hours as the traffic conditions around the hotel is very bad during peak hours. If you want to stay at this hotel, avoid travelling between 4:30pm to 7:30pm or you will either be stuck in the jam or you may not even find a taxi at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ben L, Manager at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear DoreenKoh8,
Thank you for choosing Pullman Xiamen Powerlong and taking the time to tell us your stay experience.
We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel, It is encouraging as our guest's satisfaction is our primary concern. In addtion, we noticed you mentioned about the taxi issue, we are sorry about any inconvience caused to you about the traffic. Kindly advise that currently it is a common problem in Xiamen, maybe next time we can help you with hotel limo service.
Thanks again for your kindly comments and we hope to see you again soon in Xiamen.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel staff is quite nice. The restaurant serves good food. HaagenDaz ice cream was available at dinner buffet. The convenient store is a bit far from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ben L, Manager at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience at the Pullman Xiamen Powerlong.
We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.
Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I am not an elite, card carrying traveler, maybe this is why I had no trouble whatsoever in getting registered. Since I arrived slightly early and my room was not yet ready, the very pleasant English speaking concierge Aaron suggested I avail myself of the coffee and pastries served at the bar. He also gave me a voucher for a free, non-alcoholic drink.

My room was beautiful, large and very comfortable, modern, tastefully decorated in beiges, browns and pure white linen. The view was lovely, water on both sides and the lush, tropical park in between. Wi-fi was available in the room as was broadband for those with laptops.

The lobby is imposing, the real flower arrangements everywhere are very eye-catching and tasteful. The restaurant is large and tastefully decorated. The buffet is not huge, but very, very adequate and the food is good. Service is impeccable, done with professionalism and grace, both behind the counters and in the dining room itself. It seemed to me that there were more staff than guests in the dining room and whenever I caught their eyes, they were smiling. Theresa, a chatty server almost fluent in English was especially sweet.

On my departure day, for some reason the guide and car I ordered did not materialize. The reception staff, knowing I was going to the airport, was in contact with the guide, but when it became apparent that she would not be on time, organized themselves to get me to the airport on their own. Without my knowledge, they co-opted a hotel van and driver and had him take me to the airport, take me into the departure area and rushed me through to the airline.

I am extremely grateful to everyone at the Pullman for getting me to the airport, otherwise I would have missed my flight to Hong Kong. Since I wasn't aware of the planning around me, just sat awaiting the guide, I had no time to thank the staff or management for their caring. I am happy to be able to do it here so that everyone can see it. Obviously, I will heartily recommend this hotel to anyone who goes to Xiamen.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Julianna D
Ben L, Manager at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Pullman Xiamen Powerlong.
Thank you again for choosing us as your acommodation. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.