“Not too clean”

Tutto Bene Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #3 of 1,507 Restaurants in Xiamen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Xiamen across from the Marco Polo Hotel, Tutto Bene features authentic Italian cuisine in a relaxed, casual setting.
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Been there several times. Food always good. Place always dirty, specially the floor. Last time, it was alowed smoke inside the restaurant: disgusting.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I like everything about Tutto Bene. Every now and again I crave some western food and off to Tutto Bene I go. Today is Sunday so it is a difficult choice between Tutto Bene and a Sunday roast at the Londoner just down the road.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I came to Xiamen and stayed for 3 weeks on vacation. I ended up eating at Tutto Benne at least 10 times while I was here. I know that sounds like overkill but I'm serious... as a westerner from the southern USA, I had a hard time finding 1.) good food (and) 2.) wait staff that could understand me. I have noticed that waitstaff are different in China: they hover like vultures while you are trying to decide or they disappear. God help you if you try and make a substitution such as broccoli instead of carrots... you will either end up with a huge pile of carrots or some drink you didn't order. They also bring the dishes out at crazy different times, like pasta before the salad but after the dessert. At Tutto Bene they speak English, Russian, Spanish, and Mandarin and give excellent service. You can even find someone who speaks Norwegian if you time it right. Anyway, being able to order and be understood (no pointing and grunting) is great but the food is also excellent. I had 3 pizzas (tomato and basil, tomato and anchonies, pepperoni) and all were delicious… much better than your average Dominos or Pizza Hut and certainly far superior to an awful banana (!) pizza I had on Gulangy Island at a supposedly good hotel restaurant. The creamy carbonara pasta is sinfully rich and a huge portion to boot. My favorite was the steak stuffed with ham and cheese. My mouth is watering thinking about it now (seriously). I think they get their steaks from Austria or Australia and they are very tender plus I knew it was real beef. The salads are very fresh and I really loved the toasted bread and roasted garlic fists that you get at every meal… a very nice touch. I am not a wine drinker but they certainly had a large selection. They also had a full bar plus a good selection of beers. I would also like to add that the bathroom was very clean and had a proper western-style toilet. Also, I never got sick after eating after any of my meals… I wish I could say that about some of my other (allegedly) “fine dining” experiences. Overall, I recommend Tutto Bene to anyone looking for a safe and delicious western-style dining experience with great Italian food. The restaurant itself is charming and it couldn’t have a better location right across the street from the Marco Polo hotel.

2  Thank luke b
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm in Xiamen often and always make a point of going to tutto benne. Complimentary full clove of roasted garlic and bread is always a great start. Tonight I had a simple green salad with parm and house dressing and a pepperoni pizza. Was good. I usually have one of the pastas. Portions are large...salad could for sure be shared. I will be back.

1  Thank CFSUN
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Been to Tutto Bene since it was in the original location on the side of the Marco Polo. Food has always been good. On a Xiamen scale it is the best Italian food in the city. The pizza and pastas are good. Portions are large. Menus are in english and the staff speaks english.

1  Thank wwtravelerRochester