“Safe choice”

Ranked #31 of 1,269 Hotels in Xiamen
Singapore, Singapore
“Safe choice”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

First time in Xiamen, decided to be safe and choose Ramada as it's an international chain. Happy with the decision as the service was pleasant, helpful with my storage (boxes left there for a few days), rooms comfortable and breakfast spread fantastic.

Location slightly out of the way but taxis are easy to find. Travelling to main shopping belt of Zhongshan Road around RMB18. From airport 30 min, and less than RMB40.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wanderfoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco
Reviewed November 25, 2010

This is not the best Ramada hotel I have stayed out. I picked it simply for the reason of its proximity to airport and reasonable price. However upon arrival, I soon discovered this hotel, as previous review indicated, is a bit worn and outdated so I can only consider it a "passable" Ramada.

Location wise, it is very close to the airport (about 15 min) but at the old part of downtown. While it is still convenient, it is a bit far from all the "must-go" places. Fortunately taxi cabs are cheap and take you easily anywhere.

I was upgraded to a suite on the executive floor with free internet and drinks. The room is considered spacious and has all the amenities I need but I must say the decor is outdated and does need a facelit urgently. I was informed this hotel is undergoing a major renovation so I assme all guestrooms will look significantly better in a year or two. Having to say that, the BED is unbelievably comfortable and is probably one of the best beds I have ever slept on during my six years of business travel in China! This is totally one of the few highlights in my trip to Xiamen!

Service. Hotel staff is courteous and friendly so I really can not be critical. However, breakfast is below standard and has something left to be desired - selection is scarce and quality is poor. Major improvement in this area is urgently needed.

Overall I consider my first ever experience with Ramada Xiamen OK but not great. Would I stay here again? Possibly not, especially considering there are many other better choices..... but for budget conscious travelers, this is probably an OK choice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SanFranExplorer
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Not a bad place, but not great either. My biggest complaint is how old the carpet in our room was. The bathroom could've used a good renovating (caulk peeling and such) and there was also a very musty smell to the room.

Breakfast was okay. Not sure about the price of our room as it was paid for by my employer.

Overall, good enough... but I'm sure there are nicer hotels in Xiamen.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple