The location: The hotel is situated approximately halfway between the Xiamen University and the Yundang Lake with the adjacent "Coffee Street".
It is within about 10 min walk from the ferry station which can take you to the main attraction of Xiamen - Gulangyu Island. However, sadly there is no beach or direct access to the sea in this part of the city.
The University with its beautiful campus and nearby sandy beach, and the Nanputuo Temple can also be reached on foot (about 20-25 min walk).
Unfortunately, there are not so many dining options around the hotel. There is a coffee house "Pacific coffee company" to the left from the hotel. Then there is a Starbucks, a juice bar and a Pizza Hut within 10 min walk. What I personally enjoyed was a dinner on a bar/dining terrace (unsurprisingly named "The Terrace") belonging to the Swiss Hotel which you can reach within 7 min walk from the hotel. They offer quite simple but very well executed food (mostly Western style) and regular bar drinks.
Our room was relatively spacious, very clean and had all the conveniences (tea- and coffee making facilities, a computer desk with a chair, an armchair, a suitcase stander etc.). However, it lacked any cosiness and the window view was disappointing (facing a neighbouring soulless multi-storeyed apartment block). The bathroom was rather small, though clean, featuring a bathtub with a bath curtain. The water pressure was nice, but the sewage cork did not function well.
The hotel buffet breakfast was just fine. Though prevailingly Chinese, it still offerred enough Western options, like fried and boiled eggs, bread, fresh vegetables and salad, fresh fruit, jams, cereals, sausages... The dining options of the hotel included a smart Italian restaraunt (average and a bit overpriced), as well as a Japanese restaurant and a buffet cafe which we did not try. By the way, we really enjoyed the hotel's Hollywood themed bar. It is quite small but nice and cozy. The drinks are reasonably priced. And you get complimentary popcorn with any order.
The hotel service was friendly and helpful.
Overall our stay at the Millenium Xiamen Harbour was satisfying but nothing spectacular. Though officially 5 star, the hotel felt closer to the Western 4 star level. I would recommend it to someone who wants to stay relatively close to most sights of the city. Though the immediate surroundings of the hotel are not so appealing. I personally liked the lake part of the city with its peaceful parks and nice lakeside promenade much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right next to Line 1 Metro Terminal Station and in the historic port city of Xiamen, this 22-storey luxury hotel fuses modernity and culture, and offers beautiful sea-views from most rooms. The ferry pier to scenic Gulangyu Island is just a short driving distance, while many other attractions such as Nanputuo Temple, the Botanic Garden, and Hulishan Fortress are minutes away as well. Perfectly set up for business, we have many flexible venues with advanced facilities that can be configured to suit your specific requirements for conferences, seminars, celebrations, or other special occasions. When you're done exploring, you can unwind at our restaurants and bars, reinvigorate yourself at the gym or pool, or perhaps, place your tired feet in the care of an expert reflexologist. Step in and experience Xiamen hospitality at its finest.Book here for our Best Price Guarantee promise. Earn and spend loyalty points on all qualifying stays. The level of points, benefits and privileges are subject to availability and may vary at certain participating hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millennium Harbourview Hotel Xiamen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Harbourview Xiamen
- Xiamen Millennium Harbourview Hotel