“Great Thai food”

Golden Elephant Bay Thai Restaurant
Ranked #140 of 1,489 Restaurants in Xiamen
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Situated on the waterside of the bay just below the Huandao Dong Lu bridge. Busy restaurant serving superb Thai food in a quiet waterside location with perfect views out across the Bay.
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great authentic Thai food.Spring rolls were tasty.The curry crab was fantastic and very tasty.
The restaurant has a big variety of dishes on there menu.The service was excellent and the food service was fast.The prices of the dishes was not to expensive.Worth going back to.

• Visited August 2013

Xiamen, China
“Disappointing service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I tried to make a reservation last night for a private room. The first time I went there I also had one. Yesterday the woman told me I have minimum of 980rmb, I am perfectly fine with that, but the previous times I did not have a minimum (I ate for app. 700rmb) and I informed her about that the previous times (same amount of people) I did not have a minimum, but this could not be true according to the woman on the phone and I must have been confused, besides that I could not make a reservation after 18.30, I wanted to make one for 19.00 as I work outside the city and when finishing work 18.00 it is mere impossible to arrive at your destination on the island at 18.30.

for the fact she is accusing me of being confused (I still have the receipt) and that I am not able to make a reservation after 18.30 (initially it was even 18.15, but it was stretched till 18.30) are reasons for me not to go here anymore. the food is ok, not impressive I especially liked the comfortable private rooms, but not anymore for me, too bad.

• Visited October 2012
Singapore
“Quite authentic Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

You get quite good and authentic Thai food here. Pricing wise is above average. A wide variety of Thai food is available. There is actually 2 outlets on the same street. I always go for the one at the corner as after trying both, I think the corner one taste better.

Visited May 2012
Sunnyvale, California
“best food and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

i was never a huge fan of curry...but they turned me around. i go weekly.

Visited June 2012
“Good place for Thai food in Xiamen!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I loved the red curry the best! Calamarie was alright