“Disappointing service”

Golden Elephant Bay Thai Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 1,540 Restaurants in Xiamen
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Situated on the waterside of the bay just below the Huandao Dong Lu bridge. Busy restaurant serving superb Thai food in a quiet waterside location with perfect views out across the Bay.
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I tried to make a reservation last night for a private room. The first time I went there I also had one. Yesterday the woman told me I have minimum of 980rmb, I am perfectly fine with that, but the previous times I did not have a minimum (I ate for app. 700rmb) and I informed her about that the previous times (same amount of people) I did not have a minimum, but this could not be true according to the woman on the phone and I must have been confused, besides that I could not make a reservation after 18.30, I wanted to make one for 19.00 as I work outside the city and when finishing work 18.00 it is mere impossible to arrive at your destination on the island at 18.30.

for the fact she is accusing me of being confused (I still have the receipt) and that I am not able to make a reservation after 18.30 (initially it was even 18.15, but it was stretched till 18.30) are reasons for me not to go here anymore. the food is ok, not impressive I especially liked the comfortable private rooms, but not anymore for me, too bad.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

You get quite good and authentic Thai food here. Pricing wise is above average. A wide variety of Thai food is available. There is actually 2 outlets on the same street. I always go for the one at the corner as after trying both, I think the corner one taste better.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

i was never a huge fan of curry...but they turned me around. i go weekly.

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I loved the red curry the best! Calamarie was alright

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Me and my husband both love Thai food and when we visited Thailand a year ago we were delighted . At that time we lived in Beijing and after "falling in love" w/ Thai cusine we tried quite a few Thai resturants in the city ( Banana Leaf, Phrik Thai , Sukkhothai ) but all were so-so, the food always seemed to miss some vital ingredients . After moving to Xiamen last year we found what we were looking for - Golden Elephant Thai Restaurants chain all over the city ( we usually go to Hexiang Xilu location ) . Everything is great there ; we especially love green curry ( but red is delicious as well ) , Spicy Squid Salad , Tom Yum soup ( spicy :-) and Tom Kha soup ( almost perfect ) and our kids - pinapple rice . Highly recommended !!!!